• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
Can we fix avatars on this theme? It's auto-fitting to portrait and only showing half.

Oh, uh, nevermind.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
It's still being discussed. I really don't understand why it bothers people though, it's just as if the Project M forums were just that, their own forums.

Like if we weren't on Smashboards, we'd have like projectmgame.com/forums and it'd be this, and you'd have the 'jarring' effect going between 'Smashboards' and 'Project M'.

So, I really don't get it.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
b/c we have a million themes but I can only use one on the one subforum I go to regularly, which is a bit limiting

is there no way to, say, have it so when a user just picks the default theme, what subforums consider "default theme" can change? seems a bit odd that a modern forums system still only lets you force themes

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It's still being discussed. I really don't understand why it bothers people though, it's just as if the Project M forums were just that, their own forums.

Like if we weren't on Smashboards, we'd have like projectmgame.com/forums and it'd be this, and you'd have the 'jarring' effect going between 'Smashboards' and 'Project M'.

It bothers us because our ability to customize was taken away with no warning at all. I'm sure many people mostly spend time in the Project M forums here, as I do, and found a look that they enjoyed to see and was comfortable for their eyes. To suddenly have that look taken away from them feels a lot like saying "We know what's good for you design-wise, so deal with whatever we choose."

I'm sure that it's not the sentiment being passed around by the design crew, and that they just wanted to give Project M a bit of individuality. However, their creative freedom comes at the expense of the freedom to choose that once belonged to the forum user and allowed them to see the page in a manner that was most pleasing to them. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Not trying to whine or anything, just trying to explain my train of thought for supporting custom appearances as quickly and at the same time as indepth as I could manage. I hope the thoughts are at least considered. Thank you.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I wish I had the ability to make it to where when I customize my personal details, view my or other people's profiles, and PMsomebody to have it set to the PM theme instead of switching between the two, that's the only nitpick I have and I personally love the new look.

Phantasmagorical

Smash Cadet
So I didn't know that there was a "delete drafts" option until I started writing this post, and I was mostly writing this post just to get rid of the half-written post that had been saved to my drafts and kept reappearing every time I opened this thread.

PSA if that's been bothering you too, I guess.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the world is likely not, in fact, going to end because of a theme on a forum
however, it was asked why, exactly, people preferred their own theme to this theme, and thus, folks answered

though if we're going down this route, I recommend shutting down the entire forum, because it has little discussion on systematic oppression and the violence/abuse that comes with it, and thus isn't that particularly useful in the long run

jokes

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I wish I had the ability to make it to where when I customize my personal details, view my or other people's profiles, and PMsomebody to have it set to the PM theme instead of switching between the two, that's the only nitpick I have and I personally love the new look.
You can choose the PM theme for across the site now, did that an hour ago or something

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Welcome to Smash'M.com (The "boards" in our URL link is just a typo)

EDIT: Project M hostile takeover 82%

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I want to assume that PMBR icon has been there for a while. mostly b/c it's still using the old pre-3.0 "M"

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Give me tourmaline or give me death.

But reals I love that white/blue scheme so much. Not that I dislike this one, it reminds me of smashmods.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Where do I sign up for the Disco Room? That sounds awesome.
you get it when you buy premium

people don't actually post there all that much + when they do it's usually about MLP. we ARE totally going to get our own theme though so suck it nerds

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Your line of thinking seems to be off. Are you trying to make some of us visit the PM forums less? I can't recall any forum I've been on that's forced such a gloomy plum theme like this, especially after we've been using this forum for years and just been given dozens of theme options..to use for the rest of the site most of us don't go much on. Just have an option to turn off forced themes so the few of you can get off like you're entering PM land; most people want their own theme and those who like this theme probably pick it for the whole site anyways. My lighting situation seriously makes this theme an eyesore. Also don't know why you apostrophize 'jarring', that's seriously an issue for people more sensitive to that stuff (seizures).

Give me tourmaline or give me death.

But reals I love that white/blue scheme so much. Not that I dislike this one, it reminds me of smashmods.
The names kind of match color, but I don't see anymore similarities http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-4809.html

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
"Click here to go PREMIUM and Support Smashboards!"

Will going PREMIUM allow Bowser and Villager to see? The thing's covering their poor eyes on mobile.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'd get premium but I don't own my own credit card yet. Or bank account. I only just became an adult so I should get on those things.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Your line of thinking seems to be off. Are you trying to make some of us visit the PM forums less? I can't recall any forum I've been on that's forced such a gloomy plum theme like this, especially after we've been using this forum for years and just been given dozens of theme options..to use for the rest of the site most of us don't go much on. Just have an option to turn off forced themes so the few of you can get off like you're entering PM land; most people want their own theme and those who like this theme probably pick it for the whole site anyways. My lighting situation seriously makes this theme an eyesore. Also don't know why you apostrophize 'jarring', that's seriously an issue for people more sensitive to that stuff (seizures).
There is nothing about this theme or the switch that's going to cause you or anyone else any seizures. You're really over-exaggerating...As you seem to usually do. XD;

I swear, nerds on the internet will complain about absolutely anything. ¦D

SpiderMad

Smash Master
There is nothing about this theme or the switch that's going to cause you or anyone else any seizures. You're really over-exaggerating...As you seem to usually do. XD;

I swear, nerds on the internet will complain about absolutely anything. ¦D
When someone's so far gone that they restrict options like this of picking your own theme for readability when it's right there in the site already, there's not much more left to say. Certain people who are seizure prone and others are still sensitive to constantly switching colors even if it doesn't cause them a seizure each time. If the options right there give it to people, obviously lots of us want it! Vigilante was also talking in a skype group about how he's angry how so little games have customized control layouts, for him (who plays with his controller upsidedown) and people with deformed hands (or use other body parts when they're missing a hand or two, there's a lot of disabled gamers). You can play down giving controller layout options when you only think about yourself, but it means the world for those people who need it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUiwBd2xGaM

Ergonomic options like light press air dodge and having the most readable color themes matter a lot more when people play and read Smash for so many hours.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Anyone else think that these are the guys that have been harassing the Smash community?
I posted the link because I thought that this might be the group that attacked the Smash community a while back. Based on the fact that they are using DDoS attacks against game communities, it would make sense that they might've targeted a smaller community (like ours) beforehand in preparation for a more massive attack.

However, after examining the group's twitter page (https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling), it seems less likely. They seem to be very vocal about who they attack, and they haven't posted anything about attacking the Smash community.

I suppose it's still possible that they might've been behind the DDoS attacks on the Smash sites and they just didn't publicize it. I mean, who else besides a hacker group would've attacked the Smash community?

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Maybe we are too insignificant to bother mentioning >_> idk your preparation idea seems sound.

Top Bottom