• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Binary Clone Binary Clone
add me on osu FpsWalrus :^)
speaking of video games i haven't been to weeklys or played games or listened to music in a good while
recently got back into Dragon Quest so I'm feeling good again

Also, got my mayflash adaptor from storage to use but **** isn't working on win10, maybe I just need to reboot after installing drivers kek
Added you

I have more pp than you, ha

Also been getting into The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth finally. I never actually had played much of BoI, the original or the new one. I'd only done like one run of Rebirth and had maybe beaten Mom in the original. But damn I spent so much time on Rebirth this weekend. Starting from scratch I unlocked most of the characters and managed to beat the Devil. It's so much fun.

It's just frustrating to get ****ed by a build that is otherwise good except against a particular enemy type. I got to Utero II last night with a weird item that lets me control one perpetual tear with the arrow keys instead of shooting tears. It was really neat and engaging, but the tear only moved so fast, which meant that while most bosses got completely wrecked by it, dealing with those ****ing flying leech things was next to impossible, so I just got destroyed by a 2x2 room of them to the point where there was no way I was going to win anymore.

I'm going to keep playing, though. It was frustrating, but not nearly to the point where it didn't just make me want to try again.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know, I was really hyped for Splatoon at first, but now that I've played it all day, night and morning, I think I might just absolutely ****ing hate this game. -_o

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You know, I was really hyped for Splatoon at first, but now that I've played it all day, night and morning, I think I might just absolutely ****ing hate this game. -_o
How can you hate splatoon, it's the best game on the wii u

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

good morning, thread, just a quick reminder that america is celebrating the explorer's equivalent of that one guy at your local who's solely known for that time he did a good combo and otherwise always goes 0-2 today

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776

good morning, thread, just a quick reminder that america is celebrating the explorer's equivalent of that one guy at your local who's solely known for that time he did a good combo and otherwise always goes 0-2 today
Honestly, we should have just gone Amerigo-day and just left it at the fact that we don't give a **** about the cluster**** of "discovery" that went into this.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

But he still comes every week, regardless. He is the one that keeps the scene alive, the loyal bracket filler. A True Hero, An American Legend.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Added you

I have more pp than you, ha

Also been getting into The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth finally. I never actually had played much of BoI, the original or the new one. I'd only done like one run of Rebirth and had maybe beaten Mom in the original. But damn I spent so much time on Rebirth this weekend. Starting from scratch I unlocked most of the characters and managed to beat the Devil. It's so much fun.

It's just frustrating to get ****ed by a build that is otherwise good except against a particular enemy type. I got to Utero II last night with a weird item that lets me control one perpetual tear with the arrow keys instead of shooting tears. It was really neat and engaging, but the tear only moved so fast, which meant that while most bosses got completely wrecked by it, dealing with those ****ing flying leech things was next to impossible, so I just got destroyed by a 2x2 room of them to the point where there was no way I was going to win anymore.

I'm going to keep playing, though. It was frustrating, but not nearly to the point where it didn't just make me want to try again.
I find that most items that change the main method of attacking to be detrimental. There are exceptions of course, Dr. Fetus and IPECAC are usually worth it due to their strong damage output (though can be susceptible to the situation that you described, where they are less effective against certain enemies), and of course Brimstone and Epic Fetus are immensely powerful. Not to say that the others are necessarily bad, they can be super good with certain item combos, but generally I avoid them.

Bazkip

Smash Master
The PMDT are trying to drive us insane

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
As cliche as it may sound, I enjoyed Parts 3 and 4 most

Though 7 gets bonus points mostly for the DINOSAURS

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
how the **** do people jerk it on the computer i tried after not doing it for 2 years its uncomfortable as ****

on an unrelated note, falsebound kingdom is awful but imma play it anyways

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I find that most items that change the main method of attacking to be detrimental. There are exceptions of course, Dr. Fetus and IPECAC are usually worth it due to their strong damage output (though can be susceptible to the situation that you described, where they are less effective against certain enemies), and of course Brimstone and Epic Fetus are immensely powerful. Not to say that the others are necessarily bad, they can be super good with certain item combos, but generally I avoid them.
I mostly enjoy watching people break the game, since there's now, like 10 different ways to pull it off.

And you can also get some goofy item combo's, like ludo, strange attractor, and lost contact to just black hole everything to death. Although, changing the core gameplay that much does tend to make it seem less fun to play...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Now I get why everyone makes such a big deal out of S Rank in Splatoon. It's enough of a struggle just to get back to C+ after dropping back down to C-. Not looking forward to the higher ranks at all. If I even make it there. At least I've somewhat gotten used to this game's wonky as hell controls. >>

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also I went and partook in canadia democracy for the first time ever today

...in hindsight, I don't really know what I was expecting. I sort of assumed elections to be exciting and whatnot and then you just go there and make a lil checkbox and that's about it

CORY

wut
BRoomer
You haven't gotten to the part where you complain about the other guy winning or your guy not fulfilling promises yet.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Splatoon controls great. Turn the motion controls down a notch or two if you find it to be too sensitive. and don't jump around like a spaz. That's really all there is to it. Having to use the dual sticks for this game would be really annoying and impractical so thank the gods they gave us so much control over the gameplay experience.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
also I went and partook in canadia democracy for the first time ever today
Anybody But Harper™

You haven't gotten to the part where you complain about the other guy winning or your guy not fulfilling promises yet.
In Canada, it actually boils down to four (or five, if you're from Quebec) different parties. We currently have a government led by a conservative party (aptly named the Conservative Party) that gained it through fraudulent means. Canada's economy and social climate is currently in shambles as a result.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
These guys.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
You know, there was a stereotype going around that Canadians were really nice, polite people in comparison to Americans. But contact with real Canadians in this thread has shown why stereotyping a whole group of people is so very wrong and harmful. Thanks PMST for showing me the light.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
So my brother started his little group with PM in the college. Im pretty happy for him. (He's the ganondorf)

#Grassroots

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

mfw my high school district never celebrated columbus day but celebrated leif erikson day instead

thank you midwest

Exodo

Smash Ace
47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47
47 47
47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47
47 47 47 47 47
47 47 47 47 47
47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47
47 47 47 47
47 47 47 47
47 47
47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47

edit: yeah that was supposed to be a giant 47 :l there goes 5 minutes i wont get back

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Over half the states in the US no longer recognize Columbus Day. I think it only really sticks around so Italians have something to celebrate. In that case why not have something like Frank Sinatra Day instead?

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Over half the states in the US no longer recognize Columbus Day. I think it only really sticks around so Italians have something to celebrate. In that case why not have something like Frank Sinatra Day instead?
I mean, why bother worshipping a guy who single-handedly led the the mis-naming of entire indigenous tribal groups?
"American Indians" my ass.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Fun Fact:
Catholics don't celebrate Columbus Day, instead they make you go to school and learn about how Jesus was a bomb ass G.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'm voting strategically in my riding cuz our electoral system is stupid.

I'm more anti-Conservative than pro anyone else. Plus apparently my riding is a "swing" riding.

Also Columbus Day is the stupidest thing ever just by definition. Columbus "discovered (not) America" even though there we already millions of people here already (and not to mention other Europeans had already set foot in NA so not even "first European" works). It just reeks of imperialism. I hate it, its awful. Columbus is a piece of ****, the end.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm just no fun allowed but I can't muster to care to give any sort of special attention to most days or holidays, regardless of my personal opinions on them.

Bleck

Smash Master
You know, there was a stereotype going around that Canadians were really nice, polite people in comparison to Americans. But contact with real Canadians in this thread has shown why stereotyping a whole group of people is so very wrong and harmful. Thanks PMST for showing me the light.
weebs etc,.

Top Bottom