• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SunJester

Smash Ace
WHY IS HALBERD ****ING LEGAL
I feel like the more casual community wants to see a greater number and variety of stages on competitive stage lists, and certain tournament players use that as leverage for those stages to be legal because it benefits their character.

At least thats the impression I got from r/smashbros

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'd get Mario Maker if I knew it was easy to find good/creative levels and not the eventual upvote circle jerk for LOL KAIZO SO HARD LEVELS LMAOAMOMAOAMOMAOMAOMAOMAOMA that I don't like playing.

Not saying it isn't right now, but I don't know enough about it.

D

Deleted member

i didn't buy cinnamon rolls while grocery shopping today.

i'm proud of myself.
think someone got lost in the process of typing this part...

you did get really hard on yourself when you lost, even for reasonable things. you gonna try to make the monthly in a couple weeks? or are you sticking to weeklies?
Yeah, I did, I'm going back with an open mind though, because I don't want this to happen anymore:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So last night our first free melee weekly of the semester pulled 131 people out of litterally no where, I only knew like 80 of them (seeding was a ***** to help with). Hype af, but makes me wonder where they are at actual events with entry fees that help grow the scene.

Meanwhile dfw melee has a 14 man bracket with a 1k pot bonus. Like wtf? Tloc send us some money and we will ship you some fresh meat

Idk scene dynamics are weird. We struggled with keeping weekend paid events alive last year because people would rather go to the free weekly Friday night, looks like we're going to struggle with it again lol. So many evo babies don't understand what it takes to keep a scene healthy

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Looks kinda like @ Lizalfos Lizalfos can tech skill and stuff but presence of mind isn't ready sometimes for certain stuff
I can't tech at all tho.
Shine Grab is soooo good, and I think it is an important option to have, as people have really good OoS options and I have to retreat. I also have lots of trouble moving even when I know I want to go somewhere and do a certain thing.
It is a combination of tech and presence of mind. Even if I know in my mind not to FH dair I need to press the right buttons to not do that.

D

Deleted member

on mobile right now, I'll have to watch it later ;x

Wanna try teaming at br? Or are you just focusing on melee for now?
Is it this Saturday? Probably, I'll go if I don't work/mom is chill with it/if I can get a ride from @ bec bec

CORY

wut
BRoomer
19th, iirc. I think I have a test that week so I'll probably end up dipping soon after I get knocked out of singles, but I haven't gotten to play in about a month ;x

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
mario maker seems like a less fun, less creative, less fluid, and less coherent version of n

and the n maps community has also been going for ten years

n is the only platformer with decent replayability that I've found

Top Bottom