• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
re: 9/11

yes it mattered, but the people impacted weren't the average american, they were the average citizens in the middle east and muslims around the world

you shouldn't forget that it happened but you especially shouldn't forget what was essentially repeated carpet bombing of civilians in the middle east, the planned overthrow of a dictator put in place by the US itself, as well as a drastic world-wide increase in hate crimes towards arabs and muslims

also no, none of this was the purpose of al-qaeda, the purpose was to "awaken" the american people, try to get them to ask themselves why such attacks were occurring, and then get them to ask their government to stop supporting israel
that's what osama bin-laden wanted but he absolutely failed, the goal wasn't to try to pointlessly intimidate the american people just for the sake of being intimidating

surprise surprise when you commit violent acts of terrorism, it doesn't go over well with the native populace

also ironically the war on terror has bred more terror groups because as history shows, when you subjugate, economically deprive, and attack people, there's an increased likelihood that extremism and violence will follow (see: germany after ww1 creating the nazis, see: great britain to ireland from 1000 onwards, see: white apartheid in south africa, see: slavery, jim crow, and gentrification/housing laws in the united states giving rise to ghettos and gang violence)

tl;dr: people are inherently xenophobic and generally stupid

but I'm not mechwarrior I think people are inherently good, not sheep that should be herded mindlessly through existence

but I'm just a smashboards ****poster not a political philosopher

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
man im just tryna be respectful today cause last year on this day i got ****ing in school suspension for a week for making a joke
I was like
"Hey, my dad died in 9/11."
"Really? thats saddening to hear WIlliam. was he in the tower?"
"No he was driving the plane"

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP It's funny that you talk about humans being anything inherently when choice is what it all comes down to....For instance, it goes without saying that not everyone in groups like that chose to be just another statistic counted by both their superiors and by foreign "peace"keepers as acceptable losses. If they didn't get scouted by untrustworthy-looking sorts in some back alley in some quiet little town near some random desert oasis, life would've probably gone on for them the same way it does for most of us meatbags...That is, peacefully. But because they often get blackmailed/their families get used as leverage("Do what we say or they die, and any friends you have are next.") to force them into it, well, they don't really have any choice at all, now do they?

To put it into perspective, the first country the Nazis invaded was their own, and it's the same idea here and now, just replace Europeans with Middle Easterners, and Germany with the Middle East.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
man im just tryna be respectful today cause last year on this day i got ****ing in school suspension for a week for making a joke
I was like
"Hey, my dad died in 9/11."
"Really? thats saddening to hear WIlliam. was he in the tower?"
"No he was driving the plane"
You were asking for that one.

But I laughed anyway.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
How was that edgy? I made a point to be gray-and-grey there, lol.

inb4 you weren't serious and I reacted at face value

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well I turned in my essay 10 minutes before it was due. Ranting about how the school system should be changed yesssss.

On the side not tfw you can't attend tournament because no ride.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Well I turned in my essay 10 minutes before it was due. Ranting about how the school system should be changed yesssss.

On the side not tfw you can't attend tournament because no ride.
If you tell Dr. Albright high for me then I'll say hi for you in person.

NORMIE HIGHSCHOOL SUCKS ****ING NORMIES SUCK GET ****ED NORMIES YOU DON'T EVEN LIVE AT SCHOOL

WAIT DID HE DO A DOCTOR EVIL IMPRESSION FOR HIS ONLINE CLASS TOO? DUDE I LOST MY ****.

Last edited:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
But did you see aliens 1 and 2?? I don't think anyone wants to deal with that stuff again.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Anyone know where I can download older versions of PM?

I want to swipe a couple resources from 2.6 and the like.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Be me half awake
Crack open one eye just barely
Step dad is calling
Tells me I need to stop taking toll roads

@Strong Bad you lied to me ;-;

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
why can't devs just finish their ****ing games nowadays? why are unfinished products so ****ing common in the games industry?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
why can't devs just finish their ****ing games nowadays? why are unfinished products so ****ing common in the games industry?
They've always been common, it's just that the Internet makes it trivial to out the modern ones.

D

Deleted member

wait what why
they said I was too negative and I wasn't winning anything or improving at all

also, they said something along the lines of me becoming sad and anti social because of smash, and that it was a bad hobby and how it wasn't ever going to be possible for me to benefit or become good at smash

D

Deleted member

yeah you probably suck, go get a job you weeb
I dropped working full time as of recently and starting doing full time, I work at a chicken restaurant (I know it was sarcasm, but still lols)

"Our son is going out with people on a regular basis because of this hobby? It's making him antisocial! Ban it!"

Makes sense.
Well, I did come home like, mostly every night from the tournaments looking like I wanted to kill myself, so I can't blame em 100%

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
YO
I JUST GOT $50 + $50 INBODENS GIFT CARD FOR SINGING AT A WEDDING
IF THIS IS WORK THEN PUT ME IN THE WORKFORCE, COACH

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i didn't buy cinnamon rolls while grocery shopping today.

i'm proud of myself.
I dropped working full time as of recently and starting doing full time, I work at a chicken restaurant
think someone got lost in the process of typing this part...

Well, I did come home like, mostly every night from the tournaments looking like I wanted to kill myself, so I can't blame em 100%
you did get really hard on yourself when you lost, even for reasonable things. you gonna try to make the monthly in a couple weeks? or are you sticking to weeklies?

Top Bottom