• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
maybe I should've phrased it better

first game ya'lls ever played

because Super Mario Land

I'm hella biased

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
First game I played? Either super mario bros 3 (that's the one on the snes with tanooki mario on the front, right?) At a friends house, smash 64 or starfox 64 at this "day care" ran out of a neighbors house, or mario 64 or diddy kong racing at my dentists. I really don't know, but I do know I played 64 a lot before I owned a system

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
...I feel strangely old.

How old were you guys when you played your first video game?

I was 3 and didn't understand Tetris but I understood a man running to the right.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Oh my first game might have been phone snake on my dad's business phone.

I'm pretty sure I was 3 or 4.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
...I feel strangely old.

I was 3 and didn't understand Tetris but I understood a man running to the right.
Like 2
I played Fox cause he looked cool
I played a future top tier and had no idea

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
top ten atm, no particular order:

1. Melee/PM
2. Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
9. TLoZ: Oracle of Ages
4. Kingdom Hearts II
5. Warcraft III
6. Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
7. RuneScape
8. Tony Hawk's Underground 2
9. Brütal Legend
10. TLoZ: A Link to the Past

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
When me and my casual friends just started finding out about the cool **** you could do, we were so hyped. I remember thinking ledge hogging was the coolest thing ever. We learned how to wavedash etc, and that you could jump out shines, but one of out friends read about di and wouldn't tell us, so he would do just standing shines to combo in spacie dittos and it would work because we would just hold up rofl.

God damn, I Mained fox/marth as a casual, I knew what was up

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
...I feel strangely old.

I was also 3 it was at my older cousins house and so they had a NES laying around so we played duck hunt then super mario bros.

My other cousins that were around the same age as me got a N64 later that year, with Super Mario 64, Smash 64 and Mario Party 2. You can probably guess what the only thing on my Christmas list that year was.

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
...I feel strangely old.

When i was 4. My first game i ever played was Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. Oh man those were the times..at least what i can remember of them. Right after we played that we would play at my friends house next door with some Mario Paint.

Bleck

Smash Master
you okay, man?
halfway to fiddy and it feels so goooood (read; bad)

1 - Majora's Mask
2 - Dark Souls
3 - Star Fox 64
4 - Bayonetta 2
5 - Metroid Prime 2

One of my earliest memories is, at three years old, playing Super Mario Bros 3 and having to get my mom to fight Bowser 'cause it was too scary.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
1. Metroid Prime
2. Majora's Mask
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Demon's Souls
5. Bayonetta 2
6. Melee / Project M
7. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
8. Ratchet and Clank 2
9. Guilty Gear XX
10. Pokémon Emerald

The first two games I ever owned were Gargoyle's Quest and Wizards and Warriors X: Fortress of Fear, both for the Game Boy. There were like the funnest things in the world to me, even though the latter game was pretty crappy.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Blame @ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser for not having pranked me for a while which has stopped me from using pinked haired people. Though I was running out of ideas anyway lol.
Ooo, well would ya look at what I forgot to do! :D

Fixed.

Sorry. Been busy looking after crippled lady friend and working. ¦D

So just as a bonus~

**** birthdays

Hey, hey, hey~ ¦D

Happy Birthday~ <3

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Hey PMS. Is anybody already at the Ontario Doubletree hotel in anticipation of Paragon? We could meet up. I don't actually have a hotel room tho

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
bought tickets 3 weeks ago and we've been looking for housing for over a week. were going to get a room with oracle but then he was provided a free room along with tloc staff and we aren't welcome in the free room so now we're on our own.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
halfway to fiddy and it feels so goooood (read; bad)

1 - Majora's Mask
2 - Dark Souls
3 - Star Fox 64
4 - Bayonetta 2
5 - Metroid Prime 2

One of my earliest memories is, at three years old, playing Super Mario Bros 3 and having to get my mom to fight Bowser 'cause it was too scary.
sorry to hear that <3 you got my support if you need it.

also oracle of ages is the best zelda game you ****ing nerds.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I won't be in until tomorrow, pooch is there tonight but I'm not sure if he's covered
I'm asking the guy I'm rooming with if we have two spots. If we do, they'll be fri-sun nights, 20$/night per person
I still don't have housing for tonight, you wanna PM me pooch's number so I can talk with him about tonight?

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
1. Grand Turismo 4
2. Lego Soccer Mania
3. Jet Set Radio: Future
4. Project M Social Thread
5. Marvel vs Capcom 2

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm asking the guy I'm rooming with if we have two spots. If we do, they'll be fri-sun nights, 20$/night per person
I still don't have housing for tonight, you wanna PM me pooch's number so I can talk with him about tonight?
better than that, I'll give all of smashboards pooch's number

:troll:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
first game i actually played... probably galaga? and not on an nes i don't think... i vaguely remember playing it on some atari type system one of my mom's boyfriends had or something...

first game i actually played, for realsies, was probably duck hunt/mario on nes. i'm actually more of an n64 kiddo, though. my brothers and i had an nes, snes, sega, n64, and ps1 (and then the various gameboys and some computer games) all throughout childhood, but n64 was where i really started playing games a lot more and it's got most of my favorite games on it.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
it's such a bummer to think of all the platonic cuddling i'll be missing out on

Top Bottom