• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I can't believe people are actually defending Leffen about the whole Smash Europe thing. I think it's a completely fair and acceptable response on Smash Europe's side.
"EVERYTHING LEFFEN SAID WAS UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE (also he was completely right on all his points)"

also pissing off norcal by trying to downplay their notable weekly, not a good look at all

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the thing is, the reason I love 3s makoto was because she was an aggressive ToD rushdown

so within context of PM, you're all basically asking for a lucario with a better initial dash

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
so I might have just played Persona 3 for well over 12 hours help me. I just started December so at least I'm close to done but christ that makes you lose track of time and motivation,
I know this feeling. :[

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
that means you're not able to play anybody at all and are probably just riding off luigi's frustration factor. Read: "nair out of your combo and start my own full combo" or "any failed edgeguard attempt costs you your stock"
Probably the most frustrating thing that ever happened to me vs a luigi happened in evo melee pools. Get a fox strong nair at mid %, hear him mashing a already so I dash up and shield, he does falling nair but continues to mash a, luigi's jab string is safe in between hits and he slid too far enough for me to shield grab afterwards, but I didn't know that so I grabbed, he down smashed me into dair and I died. The next time I let go of shield and asdi'd the jabs down and just upsmashed him, but damn was it frustrating losing an interaction to someone just mashing a. Felt worse than dieing on your own edgeguard because you went for shine bair but can't react to misfires

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
that means you're not able to play anybody at all and are probably just riding off luigi's frustration factor. Read: "nair out of your combo and start my own full combo" or "any failed edgeguard attempt costs you your stock"
Literally all Luigi mains do it, too. I dislike stereotypes as a concept, but I make exceptions for flowcharty morons like them.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
luigi is a dumb character but I'm a dumb person so it matches and it works out

also luigi's silly movement and floatiness are ingrained in me already so that it's really difficult to transition to any normal character

also it's not my fault people overextend their combos
like seriously if a luigi is in the air don't jump into a nair just stay on the ground where you have a better chance to react to what he's doing and juggle his lack of downward mobility

Probably the most frustrating thing that ever happened to me vs a luigi happened in evo melee pools. Get a fox strong nair at mid %, hear him mashing a already so I dash up and shield, he does falling nair but continues to mash a, luigi's jab string is safe in between hits and he slid too far enough for me to shield grab afterwards, but I didn't know that so I grabbed, he down smashed me into dair and I died. The next time I let go of shield and asdi'd the jabs down and just upsmashed him, but damn was it frustrating losing an interaction to someone just mashing a. Felt worse than dieing on your own edgeguard because you went for shine bair but can't react to misfires
damn is it frustrating losing an interaction to cc upsmash

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
luigi is a dumb character but I'm a dumb person so it matches and it works out

also luigi's silly movement and floatiness are ingrained in me already so that it's really difficult to transition to any normal character

also it's not my fault people overextend their combos
like seriously if a luigi is in the air don't jump into a nair just stay on the ground where you have a better chance to react to what he's doing and juggle his lack of downward mobility

damn is it frustrating losing an interaction to cc upsmash
I mean, losing to cc upsmash means you chose an option to hit them with that was punishable with foresight. Way less frustrating than correctly baiting out their panic combo reversal move and losing because they have a horrible habit of mashing a whenever they are at a disadvantage

Luigi/peach nair is just as frustrating to me as people who always wake up with attacks. Tech in place shine is my trigger

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I mean, losing to cc upsmash means you chose an option to hit them with that was punishable with foresight. Way less frustrating than correctly baiting out their panic combo reversal move and losing because they have a horrible habit of mashing a whenever they are at a disadvantage

Luigi/peach nair is just as frustrating to me as people who always wake up with attacks. Tech in place shine is my trigger
I mean, grabbing when luigi is out of range and losing to a dsmash means you chose an option to hit them with that was punishable with foresight.

yeh and shine is also frustrating to me

but in PM the luigi:fox mu is probably pretty close to 50-50 because fox has good tools that categorically don't work on luigi becaue he's stupid while luigi can get rushed down and killed real easily but can punish fox if he rushes in at the wrong time. 75% of the time fox is winning the game but the onus still falls on the fox player to be careful and not overextend because if he does he loses a stock while luigi just kinda runs away and bears with things until he can poke in and do things

but hey that's the way things go, it's not as dumb as the fox:DDD matchup

mimgrim

Smash Hero
but in PM the luigi:fox mu is probably pretty close to 50-50 because fox has good tools that categorically don't work on luigi becaue he's stupid while luigi can get rushed down and killed real easily but can punish fox if he rushes in at the wrong time. 75% of the time fox is winning the game but the onus still falls on the fox player to be careful and not overextend because if he does he loses a stock while luigi just kinda runs away and bears with things until he can poke in and do things
That doesn't sound like a even MU to me. Sounds like a disadvantagous MU.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
That doesn't sound like a even MU to me. Sounds like a disadvantagous MU.
well

most fox players play too aggro against luigi which means it's relatively even because foxes overextend

but if fox players play campy, they give luigi more opportunity and space to play his movement game

idk I mean it's a ****ty matchup for both parties but the fact that fox can't really get anything started in neutral off of shine really pisses off most fox players to the extent that some foxes in melee that I've spoken to say that it's in luigi's favor (even if only on FD)

Vashimus

Smash Master
so I might have just played Persona 3 for well over 12 hours help me. I just started December so at least I'm close to done but christ that makes you lose track of time and motivation,
Pretty much same here picking up Nocturne again recently. Though a lot of the time is just me trying to fuse the most OP demons I can for boss rushes and subsequent New Game Pluses.

<3

You know although re-rolling randomizes sucks, having some limitations with fusion system makes it so much more rewarding when you learn how to work the system. SMT4's is just way too free form and fusing powerful demons with ridiculous is just way too easy. I hope they reach a happy medium with Persona 5. Like you can pick your skills, but the demons always start with the innate ones, and picking really good skills will limit how much you're able to pass.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
making stuffed bellpeppers for the first time. this feels really complicated right now ;x i may have gotten in over my head. i'll see how they taste once they're done, though

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Ridley mod needs to be official dude
its grate dud
itz gon b gud maun
MAK EET HAIPIN DUD PLEZ I NED
but seriously you should team up with them and make the ridley mod great.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
If anything you are dumb. There's no reason for you to have said that
You are forgetting my child. This is PMS. There is no rhyme or reason to the natural progression and happenings of our ever self-contained universe. Reason is not applicable, for all is returned to PMS. For it was foretold in the scriptures of 16XX, during the battle of M2K vs. the adept and.....
*Chuck continues this tale for another un-typed 4 hours....*

Top Bottom