• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
WAIFU WARRIOR VS CENATION CITIZEN MM AT PARAGON LA

LOSER MUST PROFESS THE OPPOSITE OPINION ABOUT WAIFUS FOR A WEEK

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
mm? you wont cuz ur a loser
How about you see me in the ring nerd?

Waifus are a disease. They corrupt the mind and soul. You have been unfortunate to fall under their spell. But don't you turn sour, I will save you. Bring all your anime and waifu junk and I will save you. I will put those things where they belong: the toilet. You will then look for purpose and I will guide you to one that will reinvigorate you and make you strong. I will teach you the ways of HUSTLE, LOYALTY, RESPECT.

So in two weeks from now at Paragon at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, California, don't be afraid of the utter destruction you'll face. Instead look forward to what will probably be considered the biggest moment of your life. The moment when you become a newly appointed member of the Cenation.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
How about you see me in the ring nerd?

Waifus are a disease. They corrupt the mind and soul. You have been unfortunate to fall under their spell. But don't you turn sour, I will save you. Bring all your anime and waifu junk and I will save you. I will put those things where they belong: the toilet. You will then look for purpose and I will guide you to one that will reinvigorate you and make you strong. I will teach you the ways of HUSTLE, LOYALTY, RESPECT.

So in two weeks from now at Paragon at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, California, don't be afraid of the utter destruction you'll face. Instead look forward to what will probably be considered the biggest moment of your life. The moment when you become a newly appointed member of the Cenation.
stinky hat

im down for this as the stakes

imma make you see the the true meaning waifus
**** are life
ass is hometown

also hot anime moms and snek waifus

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
stinky hat

**** are life
*** is hometown

bring your damn stream setup so we can see this happen

Storytime

Be me
Entered into random spur of the moment $1 Round Robin
Do well, win 9/10 and tie with another guy for first
have to play a ROB a Bo5 for dat sweet $10
fml rob is like self sudoku
Be in the middle of game 3
both at 3 stocks
just about to kill him

@mimgrim ****ING KILLS THE SETUP

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
also, im prolly not gonna do more than 20 bux cuz im poor as **** and i only have like 100 dollars to last me from now to the monday after paragon ;-;7

Bleck

Smash Master
Bosses have wonky, middling hitboxes because of dodging being the only real defensive option (also several undodgeable, uninterruptible attacks that kill you in one hit), NPC hunters are crappy and irritating encounters, all guns are unreliable, blood vials are a dumb replacement for estus, the equipment choices don't actually matter, the game is apparently 2/3 of a game based on how close to the end I apparently am, despite what everyone else seems to think the music is kind of poor compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2, the multiplayer is very shallow compared to other Souls games, and the one weapon I want the most is one that I can't get until after I beat the game.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Bosses have wonky, middling hitboxes because of dodging being the only real defensive option (also several undodgeable, uninterruptible attacks that kill you in one hit), NPC hunters are crappy and irritating encounters, all guns are unreliable, blood vials are a dumb replacement for estus, the equipment choices don't actually matter, the game is apparently 2/3 of a game based on how close to the end I apparently am, despite what everyone else seems to think the music is kind of poor compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2, the multiplayer is very shallow compared to other Souls games, and the one weapon I want the most is one that I can't get until after I beat the game.
Yeah I agree with a lot of that, but I don't think the game is bad... Just lacking. I think the base experience the game gives you is a pretty solid one, it's just really monotonous compared to DaS. There just isn't enough variety when it comes to weapons, equipment, combat in general, atmosphere and even bosses. This, plus a whole slew of other little problems such as having to grind for health + ammo, bosses being able to 1-2 shot you regardless of how high you level up vitality, NPC storylines being generally boring, and being forced to sit through multiple loading screens just to see a vendor, level up, respawn enemies, and fast travel turns me away from ever feeling the need to pick the game up again after finishing my first play through.

That being said, I enjoyed it more than I did DaS2, but at least I can replay DaS2 without having the same exact experience as I did the first time.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Geographical and temporal perimeters. Functional perimeters vary from manifestation to manifestation.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

stinky hat

**** are life
*** is hometown

I got seven words for you:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
bring your damn stream setup so we can see this happen

Storytime

Be me
Entered into random spur of the moment $1 Round Robin
Do well, win 9/10 and tie with another guy for first
have to play a ROB a Bo5 for dat sweet $10
fml rob is like self sudoku
Be in the middle of game 3
both at 3 stocks
just about to kill him

@mimgrim ****ING KILLS THE SETUP
you play squirtle
It is factually demonstrable that the other guy was hating life way more than you
Squirtle is Luigi/GnW/Yoshi-Tier painful
ROB is next tier down with Jiggs/Wario/Sonic/Diddy/Ness

zman804

Smash Ace
so I might have just played Persona 3 for well over 12 hours help me. I just started December so at least I'm close to done but christ that makes you lose track of time and motivation,

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I can't believe people are actually defending Leffen about the whole Smash Europe thing. I think it's a completely fair and acceptable response on Smash Europe's side.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
so I might have just played Persona 3 for well over 12 hours help me. I just started December so at least I'm close to done but christ that makes you lose track of time and motivation,

Keep having fun~

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
you play squirtle
It is factually demonstrable that the other guy was hating life way more than you
Squirtle is Luigi/GnW/Yoshi-Tier painful
ROB is next tier down with Jiggs/Wario/Sonic/Diddy/Ness
False, no one hates everyone else more than me

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I can't believe people are actually defending Leffen about the whole Smash Europe thing. I think it's a completely fair and acceptable response on Smash Europe's side.
What the hell is going on? I just saw his callout of Eikelmann/Cash Mooney on Twitter a little bit ago.

Smooth Criminal

steelguttey

mei is bei
can we talk about jimmy from ed edd n eddy's hair

is that just skin flaps or a tumor or what cus that is not ****ing hair

what the **** is that

CORY

wut
BRoomer
you're a baka

odds is way cuter than that
true. i just got fooled by the white peopleness at first.

and i just had a random thought: what if there was a character with slow run speed, but a REALLY fast dash that quickly slowed down, like, they lunged forward super fast for their dash, but it was all just burst speed. like, ganon run speed, but fox or falcon dash speed or something goofy.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice

and i just had a random thought: what if there was a character with slow run speed, but a REALLY fast dash that quickly slowed down, like, they lunged forward super fast for their dash, but it was all just burst speed. like, ganon run speed, but fox or falcon dash speed or something goofy.
It might as well be their run speed, considering it only takes 4 frames to extend a dash (1 frame stand -> 1 frame dash other direction -> 1 frame stand -> continue dashing forward on next frame). Off the top of my head the only thing you can do in run that you can't do in dash is crouch.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
It might as well be their run speed, considering it only takes 4 frames to extend a dash (1 frame stand -> 1 frame dash other direction -> 1 frame stand -> continue dashing forward on next frame). Off the top of my head the only thing you can do in run that you can't do in dash is crouch.
and RAR

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace

Makotoooo

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Makotoooo
that's sorta what i was thinking when it popped into my head, but 3s also has a different engine for movement, anyway, so it definitely works very differently than smash.

unless this theoretical character has no run and can only walk and fox trot around or something, which just sounds weird and kinda janky...

Top Bottom