• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
What a nerd. You obviously haven't seen Forensic Files or World's Wildest Police Videos.
Ah, I remember the days where I would sit down and watch stuff like World's Wildest Police Videos every day with my grandma.... I'm glad we decided that shows like that are dumb.

Now, if only I could convince my mom that Lifetime movies are also dumb. At this point I'm very reluctant to watching TV with her because I know sooner or later she's going to turn to that channel and then I'm going to feel bad about people for another week

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
calling @ Strong Badam Strong Badam calling @Lunchables calling @Shadic calling @Magus calling @Dantarion calling other random PMDT who might know
when did you guys change the l-cancel buffer to not deplete during hitlag? Why don't I see it in any changelog? I'm like 99% positive the l-cancel buffer depleted during hitlag like in melee at one point in PM

tagging @Sapphire Dragon for her PM build stache so I can build ISOs and confirm this for myself

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Decided to actually watch OreGairu S2

This show hits me so hard on a personal level. It has managed to express most of my current thoughts and struggles to near perfection, and I understand the stuff Yukinon and 8man are going through because they both have problems I have/had been dealing with, albeit less dramatically. I think I'm going to make it a long term goal of getting my japanese to the level where I can read the books; I'm seriously in love with this author. This show man... nothing comes close to it right now.
It hits even harder in the light novels, and the translations are on point so theres always that
looking inside hachimans head just sacks you in the gut during emotional scenes
also lots of references to chiba

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ AuraMaudeGone AuraMaudeGone I want to turn all my characters into Falco. I could beat you in a bo5 sometime
calling @ Strong Badam Strong Badam calling @Lunchables calling @Shadic calling @Magus calling @Dantarion calling other random PMDT who might know
when did you guys change the l-cancel buffer to not deplete during hitlag? Why don't I see it in any changelog? I'm like 99% positive the l-cancel buffer depleted during hitlag like in melee at one point in PM
Nah I think it's always been like that, and is why it's always been easier to L-cancel in PM said from ppl like Mango. They'd pry have it deplete during hitlag if they could but it's pry coded more onto the aerial's animation itself or something.

tagging @Sapphire Dragon for her PM build stache so I can build ISOs and confirm this for myself
It's in her sig man, and alerts don't work in edits
http://www.sapphiredragon.co.nr/SapphireDragon/projectm-mirror

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
the numbers at Infinity and Beyond have been really low as of lately, We went from the 80s to the 40-30s. Really dissapointing, I can't tell if the issue is if people dislike 3.6 or if its something else.

Help
My scene went from 50ish active players to 2 players and 0 tournaments after 3.6 released. We have 2(maybe 3 soon) melee tournaments a week though.

People here reaaalllyyy didn't like 3.6.

D

Deleted member

My scene went from 50ish active players to 2 players and 0 tournaments after 3.6 released. We have 2(maybe 3 soon) melee tournaments a week though.

People here reaaalllyyy didn't like 3.6.
Are your 50 man tourneys from 3.02 or 3.5?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
but like what's even that different about 3.6 lmao the only things that really happened were bugfixes, removal of some recovery jank, and buffed olimar, bowser, and ics

those should all be good things

idk man
It was more 3.5 that killed it, not 3.6.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
It was more 3.5 that killed it, not 3.6.
like I'm not going to say that 3.02 was the best patch ever

but it got the most people excited. it brought in viewers, it brought in players
characters were janky at times but generally exciting, all of the new content was fresh
and while 3.5 didn't remove any content, the shiny newness of it was gone and the game became a bit fairer but a lot less flashy, you didn't suffer to jank but you couldn't pull as much yourself

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It's hilarious to me that he's so extremely upset over something that doesn't affect him
Which means to me that either a) it has affected him where he's lost to a competitive player and never got over the butthurt/tourney players didn't let him force his rules on them and he got upset over being excluded or b) he's projecting insecurity by hating people being better at him than something

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I had no response to the last bit because he's technically correct - I do count an awful lot of frames, and I'm probably slightly asperger's. Upvoted imo
any man who wears cute maid outfits is perfect and beyond reproach

D

Deleted member

Working until closing then getting out at like 2 AM is amazing

Also fellow crewmembers **** talk me because I took too long doing all of the **** before and after closing, my fault for being a thorough cleaner

Just got home and I realized I didn't clock out and I lost my card, I'm also still not the best Captain Falcon in DFW

Truly the greatest time to be alive

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Working until closing then getting out at like 2 AM is amazing

Also fellow crewmembers **** talk me because I took too long doing all of the **** before and after closing, my fault for being a thorough cleaner

Just got home and I realized I didn't clock out and I lost my card, I'm also still not the best Captain Falcon in DFW

Truly the greatest time to be alive
i go 1-2 at locals, can I be the best falcon in DFW?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
yeah, they're pretty cool. i didn't have much to do with it, but i think it's really cool. I wish i could do something like that on /r/SSBPM, but sadly it wouldn't work. we might have like 18k more subs, but apparently on average SCJ is just much more charitable.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Ah, I remember the days where I would sit down and watch stuff like World's Wildest Police Videos every day with my grandma.... I'm glad we decided that shows like that are dumb.
Say that to John "The Big Dog" Bunnell's face in the ring nerd.

Vashimus

Smash Master
@ Vashimus Vashimus How do you feel about dating people with kids?
My perspective is extremely narrow since I've only dated 2 girls with kids, but it's not really much of a deal breaker to me. Guys are generally turned off of dating a single mom since they think she's just looking for someone to babysit her kid(s) and trying to rope them into a daddy role they don't want, when she very likely won't even let you meet the kid unless you're getting really serious with her. In the meantime, they're no different from any other girl, they just wanna have fun. Just more responsibly.

I find single moms also don't really start drama as much as other girls tend to do. I mean when you've already gone through the pain of childbirth, you're probably not gonna sweat the small stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom