• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Another thing to realize is that even if Puff is mid tier in PM, the range between the worst and best characters in PM is a lot less compared to any other of the games.

MLGF

Smash Lord
It's pretty hard to justify playing puff when the much more enjoyable, versatile, and (generally considered) better wario exists.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@KayB the airline apparently declined the payment for the ticket or something and i assume the money went back to Tempo. the short time left before smashcon made the flight prices twice as much. tempo probably didn't want to pay that much and westballz's fans/viewers wanted him there, so they decided to crowdfund him. it was entirely on the fans/viewers, not westballz

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I remember the last time someone played puff against me

I thought it was a joke until he insisted that he was staying game 3, so I went ganon and burned him with dat purple fire

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I'm planning to work my way up to writing for the New York Times. They don't hire anyone unless they have at least five to ten years of professional experience, so it'll be some time. I figure between the rest of my years writing for my college paper, local internships both during college and after graduation, and a few more years writing for smaller, local papers (probably somewhere near Scranton. I live basically in the middle of nowhere and that's the nearest decently-sized city to me), I'll be able to apply for a job there without being rejected immediately.

It's definitely not something you go into for the money, but I just love doing it. Sorry for rambling a bit.
If you think that qualifies as rambling worth apologizing for, you have obviously never read any of my longer posts here...

Pretty sure I've wall-of-texted more than my fair share.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
How does she compare to her Smash 4 self? It has been a while since I have played Melee. Although that does sound like she is at a major disadvantage.
She's honestly slightly worse than the smash 4 iteration. Functions the same (although less fairs more bairs), rest setups the same (other than dair>rest, it's still a thing but not the same way). You can still stuff out people's movement, smother them, and punish rolls with rest, but rolls are less common and in general movement is faster and some characters can leave puff in the dust. One big plus is that when you go off stage and intercept with a move, you are actively killing them and not effectively giving them recovery boosts.
I also don't think puff in pm is bottom tier, has too good of a mu spread.

Pm puff also lacks some of the cool stuff smash 4 puff has, like sh instant airdodge nair being safe on shield, or sh air dodge approach >rest. Pm puff can jab reset with weak nair/fair and smash 4 puff wishes that was possible

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you think that qualifies as rambling worth apologizing for, you have obviously never read any of my longer posts here...

Pretty sure I've wall-of-texted more than my fair share.
Just thought I'd better be safe than sorry, haha. In my terrible excuse of a defense, it was pretty late when I wrote that and it seemed like it was longer than it actually turned out to be. :p

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
today I'm experimenting with controller hardware setups, my old gcc control stick was becoming bald, so I switched it out for a nunchuck stick

later I'm going to try out a double c stick scheme on my backup and see how that feels lmao

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Nunchuck/CC sticks are superior in every way to gc sticks

Anyone who disagrees is a heathen

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If I constantly predict catastrophe, it isn't really impressive the 1% of the time you are right.
If you're still interested in my perspective in this topic, check out this hour-long audio file: https://mises.org/library/prediction-and-business-cycle-0
This objection doesn't really hold up. Austrians don't constantly predict catastrophe, not in the way you think at least.
And we're accurate 100% of the time.
But, like I said, nobody can predict exactly when. The Austrians just don't make precise predictions because of this, so, in that way, we don't 'predict.'

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
A few days ago. I, Swampertrulz, did a nasty, stupid, asinine, ******** attempt at trolling. I called it a ''social experiment''. I deeply apologize for it. I was trying to make war between the Smash 4 Social and this social and I was wrong, dead ****ing wrong. I apologize.
nobody cares kid
Fun fact: For phrases in quotation marks, the punctuation (such as a period or a comma) should go within the quotation marks, even if the mark isn't part of the original phrase.
For example: I call it a "social experiment."

It's a formal writing rule that makes absolutely no sense to me; it shouldn't be encouraged.
this is the american style. grammar is a nebulous thing and you obviously don't know this as well as you think.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I will only forgive if you accept Roman Reigns as your future WWE Champion and acknowledge that he is the strongest there is.
Roman Reigns? Fine. He is the strongest there is.

how old are you your grammar and punctuation is tryhard enough but still bad enough that you probably are still in a single-digit grade
My keyboard is really bad. EDIT: Double Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
this is the american style. grammar is a nebulous thing and you obviously don't know this as well as you think.
I will choose to disregard this because it's not a good explanation and someone else offered better information on the subject.

Bleck

Smash Master
I bought a PS4 finally and I only just now realized that this means I can finally play GGXrd

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Fun fact: For phrases in quotation marks, the punctuation (such as a period or a comma) should go within the quotation marks, even if the mark isn't part of the original phrase.
For example: I call it a "social experiment."

It's a formal writing rule that makes absolutely no sense to me; it shouldn't be encouraged.
Fun Fact: It was a mistake. Stop whining over it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom