• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fun fact: For phrases in quotation marks, the punctuation (such as a period or a comma) should go within the quotation marks, even if the mark isn't part of the original phrase.
For example: I call it a "social experiment."

It's a formal writing rule that makes absolutely no sense to me; it shouldn't be encouraged.
To clarify or possibly add to the confusion, there's a bit more to it.

If it's a colon or semi-colon, it stays outside the quotes. In addition, if it's something like asking who said a quote, it'd be formatted like
Who said "Now, bring me that horizon"?
instead of
Who said "Now, bring me that horizon?"
since it's not part of the original quote. It's variable depending on the situation, but for the most part, it goes inside the quotes.

Source: As a journalism major I have an AP Style book, and you can read more here.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Frankly this is offensive.
Frankly, they probably don't give a gosh darn golly gee whiz.

Edit: and it may possibly probably sometimes be true. Kinda.
@Swampertrulz Your intentions were pure.
:^)
So were Hitler's.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▓▓▀▀██████▓▄▒▒░░░
░░░▀░░░░░░▀▀▀████▄▒░░░
░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▓▒░░
░▌░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░▐█▓▒░░░
░▄▓▀█▌░▀██▀▒▄░░░▐▓▓▓▒░
░█▌░░░░░▀▒░░░▀░░░▐▓▒▒░░
░▌▀▒▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▒░░
░▒▄█████▌▒▒░░░░░░░▒▌▒░
░░▓█████▄▒░▒▒▒░░░░░▐░
░░▒▀▓▒░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▄░
░░▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▓░░
░░████▄▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▒░░▐░░
░░░▀██████▓▒▒▒▒▒░▐░

Is this a tea party? WHO WANTS DARJEELING!?
DARJEELING IS BEST GIRL
BRITISH TANKS FTW
GET THE 17 POUNDERS OUT, LADS

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

If it's a colon or semi-colon, it stays outside the quotes. In addition, if it's something like asking who said a quote, it'd be formatted like

instead of

since it's not part of the original quote. It's variable depending on the situation, but for the most part, it goes inside the quotes.

Source: As a journalism major I have an AP Style book, and you can read more here.
Thank goodness. I don't want to have to add question marks to things that aren't questions.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So were Hitler's.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▓▓▀▀██████▓▄▒▒░░░
░░░▀░░░░░░▀▀▀████▄▒░░░
░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▓▒░░
░▌░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░▐█▓▒░░░
░▄▓▀█▌░▀██▀▒▄░░░▐▓▓▓▒░
░█▌░░░░░▀▒░░░▀░░░▐▓▒▒░░
░▌▀▒▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▒░░
░▒▄█████▌▒▒░░░░░░░▒▌▒░
░░▓█████▄▒░▒▒▒░░░░░▐░
░░▒▀▓▒░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▄░
░░▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▓░░
░░████▄▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▒░░▐░░
░░░▀██████▓▒▒▒▒▒░▐░
He was an incredible artist.
Of buildings.

Never mind he was ****ty at being an artist.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I get really confused every single time the sm4sh social come here. They show up, talk for a bit, like their own posts, and skedaddle
?????

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I get really confused every single time the sm4sh social come here. They show up, talk for a bit, like their own posts, and skedaddle
?????
watch out buddy
if the s4s mods catch you with that avi they might ban you lock your avatar privilege

:^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)

Edit: the heck did I put so many meme smilies?

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
how long do you think I could post in smash 4 social before they tossed me back here

Lizalfos

Smash Master
oh nooooo

thank god the university reminded me

I wonder about those crippling student loans tho, should be fun.

instead of

What is your dream job?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Woooooooow.

You quoted a post that was made 2 days ago, is 13 pages old, and has 525 posts made after it.

Got linked to the page and wanted to go for the obvious joke.

I also have to watch over lots of these visitors so I figured I'd have a bit of fun with it. Carry on.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
A few days ago. I, Swampertrulz, did a nasty, stupid, asinine, ******** attempt at trolling. I called it a ''social experiment''. I deeply apologize for it. I was trying to make war between the Smash 4 Social and this social and I was wrong, dead ****ing wrong. I apologize.
I will only forgive if you accept Roman Reigns as your future WWE Champion and acknowledge that he is the strongest there is.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wonder about those crippling student loans tho, should be fun.

What is your dream job?
I'm planning to work my way up to writing for the New York Times. They don't hire anyone unless they have at least five to ten years of professional experience, so it'll be some time. I figure between the rest of my years writing for my college paper, local internships both during college and after graduation, and a few more years writing for smaller, local papers (probably somewhere near Scranton. I live basically in the middle of nowhere and that's the nearest decently-sized city to me), I'll be able to apply for a job there without being rejected immediately.

It's definitely not something you go into for the money, but I just love doing it. Sorry for rambling a bit.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Sometimes I had a post that's too dumb for this place but I wanted to put it somewhere.
I usually put it in Smash 4 social :^)

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Did a quick browse of the sm4sh social
"They seem unpleasant"
this isnt even kyokai no kanata wtf
also shoutouts @Professor Gravy putting the work in defending us

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Woooooooow.

You quoted a post that was made 2 days ago, is 13 pages old, and has 525 posts made after it.

It is sarcasm.
He's getting sensitive over being called sensitive. It is verbal irony.
As long as you don't say something mean* they won't notice.

*Anything that makes them mildly uncomfortable.
Mutant disgusting facial hairless abomination avatars make me uncomfortable
Got linked to the page and wanted to go for the obvious joke.

I also have to watch over lots of these visitors so I figured I'd have a bit of fun with it. Carry on.
childhood is slavery.jpg

I'm planning to work my way up to writing for the New York Times. They don't hire anyone unless they have at least five to ten years of professional experience, so it'll be some time. I figure between the rest of my years writing for my college paper, local internships both during college and after graduation, and a few more years writing for smaller, local papers (probably somewhere near Scranton. I live basically in the middle of nowhere and that's the nearest decently-sized city to me), I'll be able to apply for a job there without being rejected immediately.

It's definitely not something you go into for the money, but I just love doing it. Sorry for rambling a bit.
Thank god not cable news. I'd have to give you **** about it all the time.

Didn't the NYT do a false report about Hillary, or is she just trying to save face? Not like it reflects poorly on them as a whole.

Are you big on politics, health science, or business reporting specifically?
Sometimes I had a post that's too dumb for this place but I wanted to put it somewhere.
I usually put it in Smash 4 social :^)
Quality standards in the foregen thread.
Yeah.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thank god not cable news. I'd have to give you **** about it all the time.

Didn't the NYT do a false report about Hillary, or is she just trying to save face? Not like it reflects poorly on them as a whole.

Are you big on politics, health science, or business reporting specifically?
It was definitely a blunder on their part, haha. Over all I find their reporting style better than most other major papers, and they pay decently well by comparison, so I'm willing to forgive their misuse of the word "criminal" and adding another Inspector General into the mix when there was apparently only one. :p Definitely a mistake, but sometimes they just slip through the cracks sadly.

I really like doing stories on natural science, research findings, the arts, and local feature pieces mostly. I also feel that crime reporting could be something I'm interested in, but I just haven't written any of those yet, considering the two papers I've written for so far consist of my high school paper and college paper. Basically just anything that gets me talking to interesting people. I'm pretty open that way. This upcoming semester I'm assigned to the Performing Arts beat, which should be really neat to write about. I get to talk to lots of interesting folks and get into shows and performances for free. Quite the win-win. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
New York Times?

I'm sorry, I can't take them seriously as long as they run that stooge Paul Krugman.
That sack of phallically shaped potatoes needs to have his Nobel stripped from him.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I hope that I can get all the papers and news magazines super cheap through Gov school (or at least they should have them at the neighboring college's library.

Would become a shut in and fail all my classes. But would probably become a god in the NFL. Worth.
New York Times?

I'm sorry, I can't take them seriously as long as they run that stooge Paul Krugman.
That sack of phallically shaped potatoes needs to have his Nobel stripped from him.
Op-ed columnist.

Why do you show me these things when you know they are bad.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Quality standards in the foregen thread.
Yeah.
Not exactly foreign since I play that game too, and I posted very occasionally in their last thread.
I've just been here longer.

twas a joke

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's funny where the "Recent Activity" sidebar can take you.

Frankly, they probably don't give a gosh darn golly gee whiz.
That's what they all say, and then a year later I get invited into a 20 page PM group because they miss me. The strangest thing is, it's happened more than once. LMAO

You'd probably get banned for thinking aloud
Only your words wound me Smooth... :c

But yeah, it's amazing how quickly things can get dumb on the internet. That thread can get absolutely depressing at times.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
You don't know me. I don't even know me.

Edit: lets go to the lighthouse and merge the 2 largest threads so that the Mods can have fun dealing with that fast moving huegness

Last edited:
Top Bottom