• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
No you didn't, you changed your avatar you cheating *****
No need to be stingy about it. This is my go-to avatar.
edit : you even took your time to edit that image, kudos to your dedication, I guess

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre

Ok. This is something I could get behind.
In my darkest nightmares I buy this kind of controller only to realize it's still got the wii U/3ds button layout. The green button is B, the red is Y, the up button is X and the right button is A.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 Advice on Axl's challenge No.25 in Xrd? I can do all of them before it easily, and some of them after it until about 32, but 25 gets me goat. Specifically, I'm fine with the combo until the low in Sparrowhawk stance, Sol techs out of hitstun before he falls far enough to get hit with the low. I remember you saying you main Axl so I'm looking for some advice.

EDIT: Never mind, for some reason my brain just decided to do it. if you wanna talk Axl though I'm down cause I'm thinking about maining him.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
they're one and the same, more than likely

sources mentioning that an audio/video tape from the court case is about to come out, and it's mighty racist-seeming. direct words are "audio of the Hulkster dropping the N-word so liberally that insiders are saying 'there's no coming back from this.'"

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, I was too busy counting my infinity and beyond winnings.
Why do you still call yourself Lunchables after gettin' all this paper? You're worth more than half a meal for a lower-middle class kid.

You should change your tag to Duck à l'Orange.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah, I should get back in Soul Calibur, but I kinda stopped playing when 4 came out. I really loved the mixed moveset of Nightmare in 2, it was...absolutely ridiculous. Good followups, great stage control, and reach. I tried using him in 3..and didn't like him as much. Siegfried worked pretty well for me for a bit, but I eventually just lost interest. What's 5 like overall? Any closer to 2?

I'm calling copy-paste a ****post. But hey, I never claimed to not be ****posting.
Soul Calibur 5 is pretty much a 3rd strike weird love child in a 3d game and the closest to 2 than any other game. The reason why I said that is because it has a mechanic called Just Guard which is pretty much a parry but you have to tap the G button in a certain number of frames before the move hits you and you can just guard almost everything not throws and against certain moves this is very important( this took me a very long time to learn effectively) and it builds meter. Also guard impact input is changed to back and A+B+K but it cost 25% of your meter but it GI's all levels of attacks of high mids and lows but can be baited and punished but GI wars are still in but if your used to 2 you can't GI throws. They took the game back to it's roots kinda with the speed of the game and movement not 100% though and got rid of A+K inputs for the majority of the cast outside of Voldo and Yoshimitsu. Pre patch it was pretty close to 2 in terms of movement but there's a glitch that plagued the series since Soul 1 or Soul 2 IDK which one called Step G or Step 2/4 G in V which allows you to block while sidestepping which killed the use of horizontals and the intended use behind them and kinda pooped on the RPS thing going on with Calibur that and backstep was punishable but not by much and Nightmare players loved this to no end since his backstep was godly and Nightmare won tourneys back to back for like the first month or two after the game dropped. Competitive players petition the removal of said glitch to the producer of the series at that time and thus they did or neutered it by making backdash -20 to -22 from what I remember so you couldn't backdash willy nilly and made alot of people mad cause of it mainly old Calibur heads and Tekken players and felt like rock em sock em robots to some people when they was playing it as well as nerfing and buffing of certain characters like Natsu, Leixia, greeks getting a slap on the wrist, Maxi losing alot of his clean hit who can kill you or take away 60% + off of combos with clean hits and Tira having absured damage and apparently touch of death combos that were reliable but no one knew at the time until a JPN Tira won Evo and a few others but ironically enough people found out that Voldo still has the glitch in back turned stance( blind stance). Also if you get hit while moving it's treated as a CH state(counter hit) so if you get hit while backdashing or side stepping then it's CH time. Post patch it was better in the long run health of the game which is arguable but it created a monster that was Viola post patch cause pre patch she was a solid character who had low damage and some dirt but her playstyle was unique but once she got buffed she became a top tier character who can take off 40%+ off a launcher and more with meter and off of certain setups she can touch of death you and build meter in same combo to loop it and a back throw infinite that leads to death or a ring out on 97% of the cast but its a 50/50 on those said 3% characters who are Voldo, Astaroth and Zwei and Tokido abused the crap outta this at EVO2012 and got disgustingly consistent with it to the point of it got quick banned after EVO after hitting a few big U.S names. She does have weaknesses though which is her range and her punishment game on block isn't that good and it's ok with ORB in hand so moves with alot of pushback and stuff that are -10 to -14 on block that not just guard and outside of her range works wonder on her and crank up the guard guage and she was banned in France for a good while then she got unbanned after we blew their back out at a NEC a while back and people learned the MU but she still scummy though.

SCV is actually a pretty decent game that actually focused on the competitive aspects of the game and it's pretty balanced to boot outside of 1-2 characters and aruguably more balanced than 2 and stripped movelist and have good netcode was better pre patch from what I heard but the game was rushed and only had a year and a few months to be completed so that it wouldn't interfere with the release of TTT2 along with the horrible tsunami in Japan that year and because of this the areas outside of gameplay suffered to a bare basics single player mode and super meh sauce story mode, training mode that is really really good, Legendary Souls which has dumb ass AI and reading inputs and create a soul so it's very hit or miss, love it or hate it mixed bag and them getting rid of fan favorites didn't help either.

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 Advice on Axl's challenge No.25 in Xrd? I can do all of them before it easily, and some of them after it until about 32, but 25 gets me goat. Specifically, I'm fine with the combo until the low in Sparrowhawk stance, Sol techs out of hitstun before he falls far enough to get hit with the low. I remember you saying you main Axl so I'm looking for some advice.

EDIT: Never mind, for some reason my brain just decided to do it. if you wanna talk Axl though I'm down cause I'm thinking about maining him.
Sounds like the trial with sparrowhawk full screen combos then RC into another sparrowhawk juggle that took me a while as well thank it wasn't on Miliia you would hate yourself.

Also i'm rusty and butt at XRD I would have to dedicate a week to it again just to remember everything cause I don't like turning on my PS3 much anymore since I'm on my Wii U alot. Otherwise hit up Dustloop forums and become a research fiend.

random question but did Axl ever get knock down off of rensen back?
Yes if IIRC and spindle unblockable is now a input motion of HCF instead of a charge motion.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I only played Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur 2 (GC version with Link of course) and the PSP Soul Calibur game which didn't have any content at all lol.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
ayy I got premium am I a cool squid yet
Well that would imply understanding the philosophical differences in when to be a kid or a squid. Could you be a kid and a squid, or is the symbiotic relationship merely a construct of human perception in regards to singular consciousness?
1337 Tr4ns1ati0n: ("The world may never know.")

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Even though I'm still sick out of my mind (I think I got Evola), and the SFV demo is down until further notice, Its still not a horrible day. Listening to new music and learning new skullgirls combos. Eliza can combo off a damn grab from midscreen for 5k dmg, holy ****. Tried to learn painwheel, not feeling her. going to stick to beo/eliza I think. Both such cool characters. Still just want to play SF5 though lol, necalli pleaseeeee

oh yeah smash is fun too I guess. pretty burnt out after evo though lol.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Clicked the link. Saw the first frame of the video. Immediately closed it.
9r5n4Ei.gif

they're one and the same, more than likely

sources mentioning that an audio/video tape from the court case is about to come out, and it's mighty racist-seeming. direct words are "audio of the Hulkster dropping the N-word so liberally that insiders are saying 'there's no coming back from this.'"
So much for the Meta Powers now.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
First China IL gets canceled where Hulk played The Dean (was awesome at it) and now this garbage? Sigh.

All Hulk has to do is say he was "singing" a rap song, and all is forgiven. He is the chosen one to bring down those slimebags at Gawker after all.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
guys i might be streaming a pokemon randomizer tonight, what should i do

choices are:

yellow - 0
crystal - 1
firered - 0
platinum - 2

Last edited:
Top Bottom