• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm finally a Dragoon in FFXIV and all that changed from being a Lancer was that I got Jump, which is a fairly weak move on a thirty second cooldown

I thought this game was supposed to be good now

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to take that from someone who probably ****s themselves the moment they see the term QCF.
To be fair, a lot of traditional fighting players get amazed on technical stuff of Melee. QCF is a universal thing and once you learn it, that's it, nothing to it. L-Cancelling will never have the same sort of timing. WDing has a lot of uses and adds up a lot of the spacing game.

QCF will be still just a motion. The furthest (that I can imagine, because I'm sleepy right now lmao) you can go with that is link C.MK into Fireball into whatever, it will never go much further than that.

Throwing a term that people don't know in a discussion without giving context is really pretentious.

Hi Brett, Yes, I decided to post in a PM thread, kill me.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Nope not "Fox is fine" circlejerk, this time it was about how Smash is the most technical and deepest fighter to grace the universe. Please Lord Westballz show these heathens how much more superior Smash truly is! (Not flaming Westballz, just his fans)

I'm not going to take that from someone who probably ****s themselves the moment they see the term QCF.

I love Smash but don't exaggerate how technical wavedash is.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualifications_and_Credit_Framework

Sounds spooky to me.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nope not "Fox is fine" circlejerk, this time it was about how Smash is the most technical and deepest fighter to grace the universe. Please Lord Westballz show these heathens how much more superior Smash truly is! (Not flaming Westballz, just his fans)

I love Smash but don't exaggerate how technical wavedash is.
LMAO Wavedashing wasn't in smash first BTW cough MVC2 and other vs games onward cough cough Tekken 3 and Tag 1 onward cough cough Soul Calibur 2 onward cough.

This topic is hilarious though every time it's brought up.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Was going to be aired at EVO but crap happened.
I'M NOT THE AUTHOR JUST POSTING IT HERE I'M NOT THE AUTHOR JUST POSTING IT HERE

Also happy birthday @ Leafeon Leafeon even tho I don't like the Pokémon from your avatar at all.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
For my last three years at high school, I spent almost every lunch time in my friends' teacher's classroom and we played several old N64 and PS1 games, the first three official smash games, Brawl Minus (those were the days when we just got into Brawl Vault and loved its now very outdated classics such as Billy Mays Ganondorf and Ronald McDonald Captain Falcon), and Project M from demo 1 to 2.something. To this day people still play PM in that room (except that now it's summer).

Along with the games and the optimal eating area, we got protection from heat, rain, wind, and teenage normies.
Thus, in retrospect, I agree.
I've always wanted to setup lunchtime Smash

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Last edited:

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
These truly must be the end times if you're hanging around here.

Or maybe you don't hate PM as much as you say you do :p
I was searching for the weeklies thread in your profile, missclicked and opened this. AKA It's all your fault lmaoo
I still dislike this game and I recommend everybody to do the same.

LMAO Wavedashing wasn't in smash first BTW cough MVC2 and other vs games onward cough cough Tekken 3 and Tag 1 onward cough cough Soul Calibur 2 onward cough.

This topic is hilarious though every time it's brought up.

So ? Nobody cares if canceling the lag of certain moves or wavedashing were not Smash originals, that is definitely not the discussion and I don't think anybody gives a crap about that.

The input of all the other fighting games is still digital, which means, even if they have/had angles, they are limited to 3 and the uses of it are fairly limited/generic, although still useful and probably still a core element/tech of those games.
Unless you have a laggy push block that you can get out of by doing that, or you have stages where you have to input those dashes differently that I'm not aware of, this shouldn't be a discussion.

You are basically saying "LFMAO those 09'ers are so dumb XD know your FG history 4Head" and this is not cool lmao

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
OK I'm tired 8th loading Project M through the disc stage builder method. So I'm going to learn how to load Project M through usb. Wish me luck.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
idk why no one just installs the Homebrew Channel anymore, it makes loading USB loaders, Gecko OS, and the PM launcher so much easier.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Why does my compute hate reading SD cards properly. For some reason it loves to read SD cards as being write-protected despite them not actually being locked. >_>

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Why does my compute hate reading SD cards properly. For some reason it loves to read SD cards as being write-protected despite them not actually being locked. >_>
rofl I read your post wrong. I had problems with SD adapters not getting read at all by my previous laptop, but I never had any problem with their attributes. IDK mate.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I was searching for the weeklies thread in your profile, missclicked and opened this. AKA It's all your fault lmaoo
I still dislike this game and I recommend everybody to do the same.

So ? Nobody cares if canceling the lag of certain moves or wavedashing were not Smash originals, that is definitely not the discussion and I don't think anybody gives a crap about that.

The input of all the other fighting games is still digital, which means, even if they have/had angles, they are limited to 3 and the uses of it are fairly limited/generic, although still useful and probably still a core element/tech of those games.
Unless you have a laggy push block that you can get out of by doing that, or you have stages where you have to input those dashes differently that I'm not aware of, this shouldn't be a discussion.

You are basically saying "LFMAO those 09'ers are so dumb XD know your FG history 4Head" and this is not cool lmao
I'm yapping about people thinking people melee is the best game ever cause insert said stuff here though the stuff in it is useful. It's just boils down to my game is better than your game nonsense cause X Y and Z is in it which is kinda silly but as long as you enjoy the game and what not then that's all that matters and I don't mean to come across that way.

Also I love research alot of stuff in FG's old and new so don't mind me.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There's also this method which is a bit more convenient than Smash Stack.
So apparently this seems to still require the disc to use, which means by extension the Wii still needs to be able to read the disc right?

Because that is the main reason I want to switch to USB loader because my Wii is starting to really act up on reading discs (I mean earlier today trying to go through the normal method the Wii started out not being able to read my Brawl disc so I took it out and put it back in and it read it and then going to the stage builder made it crash so after a hard shutdown and turning it back on it couldn't read it again and it became a rinse an repeat aside from the few times it was able to make it to the launcher but ended up reloading back to the Wii menu after "play" is pressed).

This method because just skips the need to go through Brawl (which is cool) but still relies on the disc and still gives me the same trouble of returning me to the Wii menu after pressing play on the launcher. And the time I thought it was going to work because it was taking about the time it takes to load up Project M and not almost instantly sending me back to the Wii menu it sent me back to the Wii menu but I believe this to be because of the disc not being read because going up to the disc channel on the Wii menu came up as no readable disc. So yea.

I should really learn how to USB load but everything I have found so far that tries to tell me how seems major convoluted and I just can't comprehend it.

Anyone have a super simple guide for me to use for USB loading and how to? Or already have the files together that I can just copy onto a USB and SD card and just replace my custom Project M stuff over what needs to be replaced? Cause **** is confusing for me.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I've had that issue, too. It could be the write protect switch getting pushed in as you insert the card, which could be fixed by a bit if electrical tape over the bit.

If that doesn't work, then there could be a short internally, which would require popping open the case and desoldering stuff : /

Top Bottom