• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I want to play Project M but every time I get the urge to I realize that entails downloading 3.6, transferring my old song files, changing what they replace in the newest version, renaming them in game, finding a completely different set of songs to add in the place that use to be Dracula's Castle, and replacing both the pictures of an models of Ninja Squirtle, Gi Lucario, and others with something less cringe-inducing to look at.

So I think I'll just muck about here for a while.
You main Olimar and you're not jumping to play 3.6?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I want to play Project M but every time I get the urge to I realize that entails downloading 3.6, transferring my old song files, changing what they replace in the newest version, renaming them in game, finding a completely different set of songs to add in the place that use to be Dracula's Castle, and replacing both the pictures of an models of Ninja Squirtle, Gi Lucario, and others with something less cringe-inducing to look at.

So I think I'll just muck about here for a while.
Get dolphin netplay, then play with me
this will require something more powerful than a standard issue toaster tho

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This makes me wanna try Xenoblade...
I'm sure it's going to be a resounding yes, but would anyone recommend it?
It's a good game. It has a really strong story (lotsa plot twists) but weak characters (in terms of development/personality) aside from some of the bad-guys (as always) and like 1 main character (totally imo of course). The gameplay will take some getting used to but once you get used to it it becomes fine and dandy and shouldn't be too much of a problem after that (the only thing that really got me was the final boss). Overall I'd say it is a good game that is probably worth playing at least once.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Finally caught up with the thread since I was at a EVO viewing party for the past 2 days and may go again today.

PMS ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED OF EVO2015?

Also KI top 8 was pretty hype.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
WHY AREN'T I WATCHING EVO??
WHY DON'T I CARE??
AAAAGGGHHHGHHGHGH

On a less ****-posty note, anybody watch Orange is the new black?
I've pretty much been steamrolling it this weekend and it seems promising.
Crazy Eyes bestest waifu

D

Deleted member

jesus ****ing christ sethlon calm the **** down

ik prof can be mean sometimes but like, telling someone to die? jesus christ
as much as i like where roy is now as a character, im kinda with sethlon on this one- watching your character get meaningfully nerfed hurts as much as you put time into it. prof is also not exactly the best person to argue with since he doesnt mind making in personal and is the king of removing intellectual exchange from a debate.

like on one hand i think roy is fine but then i dont like sheik nerfs. and then like i really want to play sheik but i hate her throws now, so i havent entered anything either. but i also dont want to give up on the project that quickly. hard not to be hypocritical i guess when youre put into ambivalent positions over and over.

tbh i dont even think roys float was the problem in 3.5 because marth had it and there was no issue with that character. imo roys issue on his recovery was that it was massively disjointed and crouch proof and multihit and lasted forever. imo if the hitboxes had been cleaned up and the float left in it probably would have been fine.

meanwhile sheik has no grabs but TL gets melee sheiks downthrow, and squirtle still has 3.5 roy up b.

tl;dr i agree with sethlon and i also hate new sheik. i cant even fix her because People still think her throws are wildly overpowered in 3.6. **** my life

Last edited by a moderator:

steelguttey

mei is bei
he said himself that he didnt leave because of nerfs, hes not stupid. roy is still really good (and so is sheik)

big deal you dont get free followups on her throws. all it really is is nerfed melee sheik, with a worse dthrow. in exchange she gets a much better matchup spread which you have a much better chance of not having to deal with spacies with, and a bunch of brawl tech that gives her janky ass movement options

please for the love of ****ing god stop comparing marth and roy this isnt 2006 jesus christ they are two different characters. the "one got a nerf, why shouldnt the other" mentality is the one that m2k has about falco and fox and i hope you can tell how ridiculous it is. you dont balance characters that are similar in the same way because theyre semi clones, thats ridiculous. theyre two differenct characters with two whole different sets of interactions and matchups. you dont nerf things evenly "because its fair" you do it for balance. imoimoimoimoimoimoimoimoimoimo

D

Deleted member

he said himself that he didnt leave because of nerfs, hes not stupid. roy is still really good (and so is sheik)

big deal you dont get free followups on her throws. all it really is is nerfed melee sheik, with a worse dthrow. in exchange she gets a much better matchup spread which you have a much better chance of not having to deal with spacies with, and a bunch of brawl tech that gives her janky *** movement options

please for the love of ****ing god stop comparing marth and roy this isnt 2006 jesus christ they are two different characters. the "one got a nerf, why shouldnt the other" mentality is the one that m2k has about falco and fox and i hope you can tell how ridiculous it is. you dont balance characters that are similar in the same way because theyre semi clones, thats ridiculous. theyre two differenct characters with two whole different sets of interactions and matchups. you dont nerf things evenly "because its fair" you do it for balance. imoimoimoimoimoimoimoimoimoimo
you can still look at characters with similar tools and compare them to better understand the game...?

jesus i left for six weeks and i made a post empathizing with someone else in a similar situation.

maybe i should have just stayed gone.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
actually you made a post trying to take someone else's feelings and made it into a diatribe about balancing to fit your weird fetish for getting mad about sheik throws

steelguttey

mei is bei
comparing them will help you understand the game more but its a really bad standpoint to have if youre balancing a game

nobodies telling you to leave, its a healthy argument about two characters that have things that they dont need

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
like idk here

sethlon's anger here is pretty clearly tangibly related to the fact that prof is a noticeably long-term cockend to the point of a suddenly negative response from an otherwise calmed individual, and trying to twist that as "he's REALLY MAD AT BALANCE CHANGES" has a mighty questionable tinge to it, especially when you then proceed that with talking about balance changes you hate

I mean that post didn't seem like it had that at first, except now you've made the direct comparison to those feelings so ????????????? ??? ? ?? ? ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh nvm then i know more about it than you guys do. sometimes i forget IRL stuff isnt always on the internet

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
passive-aggressiveness as a substitute for conversation, goes nicely with tomato sauce and changelogs

D

Deleted member

i apologize? idk what you want from me

edit: btw its not 2006 but roy was literally made from marth

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom