• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
the year is 2015 and chudat outplaces pewpewu lmao

even as a melee hell shtlord this tournament has exceeded all of my expectations
I just find it hilarious that despite PewPewU arguably being a Top 10-15 player for so long, he has never reached Top 8 at a major in the past two years besides INY.

He's like the Mike Ross of Melee except of 9th place.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Been scanning through streams to find matches of interest but I'm kinda giving up. Anyone wanna let me know which matches to look for from the past two days once they're uploaded?

Bleck

Smash Master
Are any of these so called "interesting characters" considered good or at least capable of competing with the top?
this is literally the dumbest question anybody has asked me on these boards

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
So my one buddy wants to get into Smash, not competitively but enough to stand toe-to-toe with our casual friends. He asked me to help him out as he's barely ever played Smash before. He'd be playing 4 btw.

This is kinda a weird question but what should I first teach him? I feel like SHFFLs, DI and the like would be too beyond him at the moment. So far I've been thinking about starting out with showing him all the moves and basic maneuvers available; basic OoS options like shield grabs, Up+B, rolls etc.; and recovery tricks like double jump conservation and sweetspotting ledge with Up+B,

Showing technical stuff is easy enough, but what about more abstract concepts like reads and spacing? He wants to start out with Marth so that'll be helpful for spacing, but how can I expand on that more than "Just try to set yourself up to hit with the tip as much as possible."

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
So my one buddy wants to get into Smash, not competitively but enough to stand toe-to-toe with our casual friends. He asked me to help him out as he's barely ever played Smash before. He'd be playing 4 btw.

This is kinda a weird question but what should I first teach him? I feel like SHFFLs, DI and the like would be too beyond him at the moment. So far I've been thinking about starting out with showing him all the moves and basic maneuvers available; basic OoS options like shield grabs, Up+B, rolls etc.; and recovery tricks like double jump conservation and sweetspotting ledge with Up+B,

Showing technical stuff is easy enough, but what about more abstract concepts like reads and spacing? He wants to start out with Marth so that'll be helpful for spacing, but how can I expand on that more than "Just try to set yourself up to hit with the tip as much as possible."
show him how to hit people with smash attacks

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Shout-out to azprojectmelee chat spamming Shulk memes for an entire 8 min match with You Will Know our Memes blasting in the background.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
kid clearly knows the fox matchup

he's not sure what to do against lucario so he falls to the typical gnw problem of trying to catch people with dtilt or shield grabs or rando upb oos

he became tentative and scared. ipk has seen those typical gnw gimmicks and does really well against people being tentative

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
sorry for more incessant double posts it's not my fault nobody else is posting and I can't be arsed to edit my old posts

for being the most complained about 3.5 player, I think this is the first 100+ man major that ipk has won

also I think if there's any doubts about him being carried by lucaryu they're gone now

Top Bottom