• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah, Mango juice is a big thing in India as well, but it just...never stuck to me on any of my visits. And any mango juice you get in America is worse anyway, so...

For Sacred Stones...hmm, well, both routes have differing motivations/aspects to the antagonist. Erika's is played straighter(which I guess is where it could make more sense) and Ephraim's tries to go for a more complex motivation(but doesn't quite explain it well enough, I felt-it's been a while, though). I still liked Ephraim's route more because of the more interesting maps. But they're both worth playing. There's a point where the game splits, and it tells you. I made two seperate save slots the first time and went through both concurrently. I highly recommend it. The two paths converge after a few chapters, so you don't need to do it for to long. But while they're split, you're seeing two sides of the same story, so it's worth going through both, since it does clear up and explain a few things.
Should I? I hate doing things again and I micromanage levels and weapons a lot. Will I not go insane after I split and play both concurrently?

steelguttey

mei is bei
so you know how all of reddit decided that ellen pao was the face of disease and feminism and all that's bad to gross nerds?

yeah guess what, she was the only person in reddit highly hesitant of banning subreddits as a whole and now she's gone

WOMP WOMP WOOOOOOOOMMMMMMP
yea the whole ellen pao thing is ****ing hilarious and shows how ridiculous reddit is

they have to make sure that their peaches are frozen enough so they force out someone that didnt even do the thing they were angry about

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
God damn it why is Arakune stuck in Blazblue. Him (?) and Tager are the only interesting characters in that game (and Tager only a little bit, I just love grapplers). BlazBlue to me is the epitome of uninspired anime designs in fighting games, but Arakune is cool. I also have been on an anime fighter kick recently and I've never played blazblue so arakune is extra interesting, even though the games system looks uninteresting.

One thing I don't like about Xrd is that a lot of characters are seemingly homogeneous in playstyle (lock down in pressure, perform mixup), moreso than even +R. Oh well, I'll probably end up sticking with Potemkin in the long run even though the struggle is real right now with him.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Should I? I hate doing things again and I micromanage levels and weapons a lot. Will I not go insane after I split and play both concurrently?
The split happens after Chapter 8. At chapter 15, they converge. It's really not so bad. There are still differences from that point on based on what Lord you picked(the aforementioned antagonist characterization, and enemy placements, iirc), but maps and general structure of the plot is the same. So, you can safely just pick one after Chapter 14. Just keep in mind you get different characters on each route(you get all of them once they join together again), so levels will differ.

You could also just do two playthroughs as well. the game is not that long(20 chapters, I think?) and there's more potential for party variety thanks to promotions having two options. I think it's far easier to play FE8 multiple times compared to other FE games.

Also, if you micromanage levels a lot...well, how do you feel about grinding? The game lets you grind random map encounters. I personally don't enjoy it since I feel like it slightly imbalances the game, but it's entirely up to you.

Bleck

Smash Master
work suddenly realized I'm competent and now I work fifty ****ing hours this week

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Also, if you micromanage levels a lot...well, how do you feel about grinding? The game lets you grind random map encounters. I personally don't enjoy it since I feel like it slightly imbalances the game, but it's entirely up to you.
I like that the option is there since poor strategy and planning in level management can **** you up long term when playing the game for the first time, but I'm happy that it isn't mandatory either. You can also grind in FE6 or FE7 too, so it's not exclusive to 8. That being said, I really like the way that PoR did it with bonus exp, I think it was an excellent compromise between grinding and leveling up normally.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I like that the option is there since poor strategy and planning in level management can **** you up long term when playing the game for the first time, but I'm happy that it isn't mandatory either. You can also grind in FE6 or FE7 too, so it's not exclusive to 8. That being said, I really like the way that PoR did it with bonus exp, I think it was an excellent compromise between grinding and leveling up normally.
The grinding in FE6 and 7 is far more limited and carries a bit more risk compared to FE8(I'm assuming you mean arenas, healing bosses, etc). It's just easier to do in Sacred Stones(not that it was hard before, it's just made far easier and more convenient now). However, I think it has it's place, especially with the Recruit/Pupil/Journeyman units. Basically, you get three baby units. They go to level 10, then automatically promote to a standard class at level 1. All three are actually quite good regardless of how you go with them, but of course their usability is limited by the fact that they're very fragile and weak to start. It's one place where the easier grinding helps. It's definitely possible to make them good without any map encounters, but then you put other units' growth at risk in the process. Map encounters do help alleviate some of those woes. Plus the Tower of Valni has goodies in it for early-mid game, and the Lagdou Ruins is basically the game's bonus dungeon.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
so you know how all of reddit decided that ellen pao was the face of disease and feminism and all that's bad to gross nerds?

yeah guess what, she was the only person in reddit highly hesitant of banning subreddits as a whole and now she's gone

WOMP WOMP WOOOOOOOOMMMMMMP
ROFL

THE IRONY IS REAL

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: rofl mad neckbeards in the comments dredging up old interviews trying to point out where admin's stances contradicted each other
yeah bub you lost your chance, you failed, now the admins have to control you. you don't really have a say

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I just watched tonight's Steven Universe...

...I usually don't ever get embarrassed about couples being affectionate and I've never been much for yuri until recently, but...

...Goddamn. That scene towards the end. I don't know what got bigger: My nervous smile, the blush on my cheeks, or my ****. o~o'

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Dude. This x1000.

I got the game a month or two ago, and Latria is the ****ing worst. I only died in 3-1 three or four times, but EVERYTHING about it just makes me wanna punch babies. I've never disliked an area in any game so much in my life, based on environment alone (that may be what they intended, though). It just feels awful being in there, and the people screaming does not help.

Also, if you haven't gotten very far in 3-2, it gets much worse in this regard, imo.
I actually got to the end of 3-2 but couldn't bring myself to finish the boss.

Like I really enjoyed Dark Souls. It was plain fantastic and awesome. One of the best games I've ever played tbh.

I'm liking Dark Souls 2 as well, but for different reasons, but am finding it to be a bit too easy in all honesty. Cause once you get used to gank squads it starts to show that the game isn't really that difficult as long as you are smart and don't over extend (whereas in Dark Souls that didn't necessarily save you) and the bosses have been a joke so far. Only boss that has beaten me on the first try so far was the first one (The Last Giant) and that was due to my own stupidity. I guess you could technically count the Pursuer if you wanted since I died to him on the first platform you can encounter him on but when I got to his actual boss fight, with a cut-scene and everything, I whooped his ass. Old Dragonslayer was easy, and disappointing considering the context, as was the Last Dragon Rider dude. Flexile boss thingy on ghost ship was also easy. Ruin Sentials almost got me a few times but never actually died. And the boos of Sinner's Rise (which was also the first Old One I encountered) was easy as well.

Demon's Souls, I just can't get into as good. Which makes me sad cause I really want to.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Free speech necessarily means the right to say bad things.
Any half-measures are inconsistency incarnate.
Either all speech is legal, or all is arbitrary and subject to the state.
Edit: to clarify, voluntary organizations' owners have the property right, therefore the moral right, to arbitrate in these matters. There's some other nuance distinguishing between the state, 'legal', and voluntary civil organization that can be poked at, but for now I must schleep.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
lol @ people talking about free speech 'cause some pathetic schlubs can't make fun of fat people on an ugly website anymore

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hi and welcome to PMS News! I'm your host Kurri.
Reddit, the frontpage of the internet, has been declared dumb by top officials.
That is all.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Scientists say that Reddit caused global warming. After the commercial break, we will hear the opinions of politicians and news people instead of those that know what they are talking about, like a meteorologist, or local Reddit Gold redditer.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Freedom of speech means I can say Reddit causes cancer in everyone who uses it.

But that doesn't mean I won't experience backlash for my opinion from other people, have private websites censor my speech, or companies fire me for my speech.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
I just tried the Hatsune Miku demo. Considering I hate the creepy artstyle and don't know any of the songs and have never played a rhythm game oustide of guitar hero/rock band, I think it's pretty fun. Not enough to buy the $50 full game but good enough to come back to the demo from time to time.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I just watched tonight's Steven Universe...

...I usually don't ever get embarrassed about couples being affectionate and I've never been much for yuri until recently, but...

...Goddamn. That scene towards the end. I don't know what got bigger: My nervous smile, the blush on my cheeks, or my ****. o~o'
I should watch Steven Universe.

I actually wanted to watch some shows like Rick and Morty or Gravity Falls eventually too, but I'm just super spoiled with how much easier it is to get Japanese media, these shows might actually get me to watch TV.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
You know guys I'm sure the average Reddit user has a perfectly fine time reading news stories, talking about their favorite shows and hobbies, participating in AMAs with famous people (oops Reddit ****ed that all up) without having anything to do with these infamous subreddits that people talk about here all the time. Places most reasonable people would never visit under any circumstances.

It's like visiting a city by only going to a street you know has a bad reputation and then reporting back about what a cesspool the entire place is. Whatever website replaces reddit will have the same kind of people you happen to hate, and when you find them you can say how it has gone to **** too.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
You know guys I'm sure the average Reddit user has a perfectly fine time reading news stories, talking about their favorite shows and hobbies, participating in AMAs with famous people (oops Reddit ****ed that all up) without having anything to do with these infamous subreddits that people talk about here all the time. Places most reasonable people would never visit under any circumstances.

It's like visiting a city by only going to a street you know has a bad reputation and then reporting back about what a cesspool the entire place is. Whatever website replaces reddit will have the same kind of people you happen to hate, and when you find them you can say how it has gone to **** too.
I only really go to /r/stardustcrusaders and recently /r/skullgirls. Sometimes /r/ssbpm to find out what the new dank gfycat is/saxpost.

All of my real internet posting happens on imageboards, but it's actually much worse there than reddit, I guess it just isn't a surprise to people anymore.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Sure, let me get something out of my cupboard and mix it with mango juice. Everything tastes good with Mango juice.
Slow down there, Lauren.
also, reddit is going on a rampage of defending pedophilia again

sigh
the first guy is correct, though. basing our laws off of nature is silly, though, which is why we don't do it. if the treatment works, then the treatment works. I've never met an out pedo irl, but you have to pity the moral quandary just a little. people tend to not be rational about these sorts of things though.

reddit is exactly like tumblr. you get what you look for, man. if you wanna find transracial planet-kin, then you'll find them, but you'll also find "how to fix a lamp" if you look for it.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Instead of drama how about we talk about cool ****.
Like how New Horizons had it's fly-by of Pluto today.
When we're not being doofuses on the internet humanity can accomplish some pretty damn amazing stuff.

Edit: Came across this pic on imgur moments after posting this, perfectly sums it up

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I don't get why Reddit is a common platform for AMA. Sure, you have Ctrl + F, but finding all the hosts' responses still has an untidy feel to it. Is it just because of the immediacy when the AMA is actually live?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't get why Reddit is a common platform for AMA. Sure, you have Ctrl + F, but finding all the hosts' responses still has an untidy feel to it. Is it just because of the immediacy when the AMA is actually live?
You can always just look through their posting history and find the context of what they are responding to.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
You can always just look through their posting history and find the context of what they are responding to.
Yeah, but it's still a pretty suboptimal way to deliver information that may be considered canon, if the host is a creator of fiction.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I should watch Steven Universe.

I actually wanted to watch some shows like Rick and Morty or Gravity Falls eventually too, but I'm just super spoiled with how much easier it is to get Japanese media, these shows might actually get me to watch TV.
Pfft, I download Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, MLP and Star vs. the Forces of Evil. Ain't nobody got time to be trying to catch it on TV.

Nevermind the fact that I don't have cable anyway and haven't really watched TV in years even when I did have it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
God damn it why is Arakune stuck in Blazblue. Him (?) and Tager are the only interesting characters in that game (and Tager only a little bit, I just love grapplers). BlazBlue to me is the epitome of uninspired anime designs in fighting games, but Arakune is cool. I also have been on an anime fighter kick recently and I've never played blazblue so arakune is extra interesting, even though the games system looks uninteresting.

One thing I don't like about Xrd is that a lot of characters are seemingly homogeneous in playstyle (lock down in pressure, perform mixup), moreso than even +R. Oh well, I'll probably end up sticking with Potemkin in the long run even though the struggle is real right now with him.
Hi, welcome to most if not all anime fighters.

Though, I think that Axl is different because he does this from full screen wow!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
It really says something about the culture if people get mad with making fun of people while r/watchpeopledie exists

Lizalfos

Smash Master
also, reddit is going on a rampage of defending pedophilia again

sigh
These people are commenting on an article about pedophiles getting help and are saying they wish they had access.
That isn't defending pedophila, thats telling people with oddly shaped large multi-colored moles to get the cancer cut out of their skin.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Progressive blackjack seems like the best way to play. Start with 10, take 5 from win and put it on bet, keep the rest, repeat after every win. If you lose you start back at 10. That and the three card poker spot is how I got that much

Top Bottom