• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Hey, friends.
Imagine you're locked up. Not locked up in a prison, but in a correctional institute. Imagine if, in that correctional institution, every turn by the people holding you there was filled with lies deliberately crafted to scare people into line, but not only that, to make them want to be in line so badly they start believing the lies, a regular 'there are five lights, not four', situation. You can move, you're not restrained, and you're with a group of others, but you know if you act you will be demonized, damaged, and the people around you might be damaged as well.
Imagine, that, casually, your most beloved is desecrated in front of you are you are told this is fine, that the institutions which prevented this where supporting some unnecessary cultural construct called morality.

Welcome to my dreams last night.
I don't know if I can go on. My regret is not acting sooner.
You are right, I have faith that Falco is top tier in every game.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Or do you want to just admit that you've usurped the religious right long ago in becoming the new outrage moral police of the 21st century and constantly jumped the gun at shadows because feelings trumps over facts?
I agree with you for the most part, but I honestly found this sentence wholly irrelevant. Comes off with a very dismissive and aggressive "**** off you SJW" vibe too

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I have this ****post that insults both 9/11 and the Sandy Hook shooting in one swoop...not so sure you might to hear it.
Excuse me, my family knew people who died in Sandy Hook you ****ing idiot. We don't take lightly to poor humor on it here. Tasteful dark humor or bust newf**.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
There's nothing to fish for if you're not showing us. That's like saying telling people you play music is fishing for complements on your music.

That said I've always liked that kinda hair, but you have to have the look to pull it off.

If I were rich and not lazy I'd be so into fashion.
Nah, what @PlateProp was referring to(or so I assumed) was something I edited out of my post because...well, honestly, it was pretty friggin whiny. I'm better than sharing insecurities and stuff like that, even if it is anonymous, because I should be better than that-especially when I tend to deride behavior that can come off as fishing or sympathy/compliments. Partaking in it myself is hypocritical-and I shouldn't be sharing it on here, of all places.
As for the hair, I'm really not pale enough. If I was just German/Japanese it would work, but I've got some Mexican and Indian mixed in there too.
Fashion is so cool. Dressing well is awesome, you have no idea. Massive confidence booster. Wasn't until I got into my junior year of high school that I actually started caring how I dressed and finally got clothes that fit properly. Never went back to not caring.

But man, somedays you just want to dress like a slob because that's comfortable.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I have no idea why I'm doing this but I switched my SmashB account to my real gender even though I'm not out to 80% of people and organizations in real life.

Anonymity I guess.
Good on you, really. Hope the best for you.

Also also, who's going to evo?

also also also, @ Helsong Helsong nah you don't come off whiny/like you're fishing at all. I find everyone's posting here pretty interesting.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Good on you, really. Hope the best for you.
Feeling's mutual. Nothing but good vibes here.

Also also, who's going to evo?
Me me me me me

also also also, @ Helsong Helsong nah you don't come off whiny/like you're fishing at all. I find everyone's posting here pretty interesting.
Ditto, hence my emoted "blarg" face. Don't put yourself down. Musing of that sort is ok once in a while.

Smooth Criminal

Helsong

Smash Ace
@Thane of Blue Flames I'm happy for you. And hey, like you said, anonymity. All the best-I know it's not easy, after seeing my sister realize her identity as well. You've got this.

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve eh...thanks, but it really is kinda whiny, in my view. I mean, I can probably gush on and on about how cool my roommates/second family are(srsly, I love them so much), but using that as a backdrop with which to express my own issues is fairly disingenuous. It's not exactly helpful either, I know what the solutions to my mental blocks are, so talking about it with anonymous internet strangers is unnecessary, even if it can be therapeutic. I'll do some odd musings once in a while, but I was being pretty self-indulgent.

I don't mean to imply that others should never do it-I entirely understand that for a lot of people, talking about their problems through a screen of anonymity is often the only way they can really express themselves.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
In other words, you'll discuss a fact of life.

kek

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
That's the thing; I do have an idea or twenty of just what level of scumbaggery we're talking here, and I do for our species as a general rule. I mean, think of it this way: I don't lapse into
-ing for no good reason.
( ͡° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
That's the thing; I do have an idea or twenty of just what level of scumbaggery we're talking here, and I do for our species as a general rule. Think of it this way: I don't lapse into
-ing for no good reason. :^(
Have you worked in IT under an incompetent manager who has no idea of the nature of your work?
If not, then..no, you have no idea the frustrations that can result over it. Entire departments will fall apart because of dumb **** like that.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
...Is this really the best the Sm4sh Social Group could throw back at us?

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Excuse me, my family knew people who died in Sandy Hook you ****ing idiot. We don't take lightly to poor humor on it here. Tasteful dark humor or bust newf**.
Honestly if you go around calling anyone that has a different taste of jokes and kicks a newfag than believe me you'll never get far in social media boards and forums. Not that even give a **** about it but I have to kill some time before my new jobs comes.

Rather than that I don't care about your relatives because I never knew them to begin with. I'm honestly not trying to get into an argument here but that's just how the majority are.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I feel that this is directed at me /wangst
You don't seem that whiny and angsty to me. But you're a teenager, right? Whining and angst is like...a biological imperative for you people.:colorful:

Honestly if you go around calling anyone that has a different taste of jokes and kicks a newfag than believe me you'll never get far in social media boards and forums.
Ok, I don't actually care about your little quaffle, but this statement.
"Never get far in social media boards and forums"
I..I'm not entirely sure if you're actually serious.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Honestly if you go around calling anyone that has a different taste of jokes and kicks a newfag than believe me you'll never get far in social media boards and forums. Not that even give a **** about it but I have to kill some time before my new jobs comes.

Rather than that I don't care about your relatives because I never knew them to begin with. I'm honestly not trying to get into an argument here but that's just how the majority are.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
Ok, I don't actually care about your little quaffle, but this statement.
"Never get far in social media boards and forums"
I..I'm not entirely sure if you're actually serious.
If I was I would be typing in all caps or some **** to make it sound I'm ever so serious.
At this point I just don't give a **** if it was a joke or not...some of the stuff i said would still be true regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
^Gross.

I just finished getting caught up with
search for his willy.png

It was great.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Edgy post followed by annoying picture that has nothing to do with the current discussion.

It's like Mechwarrior, but lacking in the likability and corny charm and replaced with teh edge.

Kill with fire.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I don't know what we're talking about but if the new Fire Emblem doesn't have good multiplayer I'm not interested.

I mean, I'm obviously still going to buy a copy though.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Edgy post followed by annoying picture that has nothing to do with the current discussion.

It's like Mechwarrior, but lacking in the likability and corny charm and replaced with teh edge.

Kill with fire.
Not trying to be edgy. That's just you putting your two cents and hoping to make a dollar out of it.

Also the picture may not relate, I was talking to YOU nonetheless. Whether you want to be blocking it out is up to you but don't try claiming things are one thing when they clearly are another.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

Kill with fire.
I've always posted annoying irrelevant pictures and no one seemed to have noticed until now.

Thank you @ MLGF MLGF , I will now change my ****posting ways.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Warning Received
@ TheDarkMysteryMan TheDarkMysteryMan I would say "Go back to Melee Hell.", but that would be an insult to them, because even they are at least self-aware and non-serious about the crap they post to the point the point of being entertaining, unlike arrogant, whiny brats like you.

So, go back to r/Smash, because idiots of your ilk are not welcome here, but they are the majority of the userbase there, and thus you'll fit riiiiight in.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Fireworks are the greatest. Loud noises, bright flashing lights, and just...thunder. I'm looking forward to the annual Roman Candle war.

Also, anyone ever been in China during the chinese new year? I'm not even joking, it sounds like a warzone. It's like shelling, gunshots, and just..ugh, its positively enthralling how ridiculous things get once midnight hits. I love it so much.

Top Bottom