• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PoTheDragonSlayer

Smash Cadet
http://youtu.be/Xw0mXL9ofKI
I have video evidence.
Go to the end of the video.
Guess their Twitter was projectmelee.
That's a pretty dank coincidence too.
Nice try revising history @StrongBad

Gotta win the internet fights man.
Just want to leave this quote from Strong Bad that he just posted on PM reddit:
"ProjectM" was taken on those outlets; it wasn't until later that we adopted the use of "ProjectMGame" over the always-available ProjectMelee. The individuals who initially made those accounts also were not leaders of the project, so their naming of the accounts is not really indicative of anything.

We care about which people refer to it as because it's an issue of branding. We've worked very hard over the course of 5 and a half years to build up a reputation as Project M, with no ability to sink money into advertising campaigns or anything like that. Because of this, it's quite frustrating when people refer to the game name incorrectly, and more so when people insist (factually incorrectly, mind you) that it used to not be named Project M. Doing so works only to perpetuate this misinformation and confuses newcomers to the series/game, and harms our branding. That's it, and we would greatly appreciate it if people would respect those wishes.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comme...rd_melee_has_never_officially_been_in/crc8vvg

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
A few days ago I got to play plenty of 1v1s with the supposed Luc main that I said bodied me 17 times.

Once I made sure to clear my head I noticed that he was a real chill dude. Only got 4 stocked twice out of like thirty matches, the rest being 3 or 2 stocks (the former greater by a slim margin) He's also like my sis in that he experiments with and knows the basic game plan of like 3/4s of the cast, but his sheer experience and fundamentals let him come out on top no matter who he played: From stylish Falcons, ridiculously banana-heavy Diddys, silly Dorfs, and offensive Olis to Missile Spamus, QD: The Game: The Character, Combo4Lyfe Luigis and C4 loving Snakes, he was on top of everything.

I'm just happy that I had fun being bodied this time around, 11/10 would do again

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-z-its-not-a-dream-its-real.403014/
TIL that Beyond and MarioDK are part of a Japanese modding team.
It's kind of weird seeing stuff from years ago on kc-mm being treated as a new thing.
It would be amazing if anyone ever considered making a Toriyama Videogame All-Stars with characters from Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, Blue Dragon and any other individual characters he designed for gaming.

Way more interesting than another Dragon Ball Z tribute.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm hella exhausted today. Like 7 hours of really awful sleep on a couch after drinking, although I didn't have much to drink compared to the normal.

ZzZ I wanna take a nap but I'm like 90% sure I'd just sleep for 8 hours and murder my schedule

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
HOLY **** THIS ZSS PLAYER OMG

So hype seeing that match, seeing good zss players on stream gives me confidence in keeping her as my main even though I can have an easier time with sonic

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
As soon as I tune in the PM stream M2K loses to a ZSS LMAO. That's twice M2K lost to a Colorado Player in PM that I'm aware of.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I'm hella exhausted today. Like 7 hours of really awful sleep on a couch after drinking, although I didn't have much to drink compared to the normal.

ZzZ I wanna take a nap but I'm like 90% sure I'd just sleep for 8 hours and murder my schedule
set an alarm, bruh.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
good afternoon, thread

no funny image b/c I am too busy freaking out oh god the weekly is today I don't even know if there's going to be more than like five people entering PM and I'm still afraid I'm going 0-2

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Everyone in this thread dips into that on occasion/on a daily basis for those more susceptible to doing so, like Bleck and, yes, me, and you just did the exact same thing right there, so...Ayyy, hypocrisy~

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
>2 Smash Characters + 1 somewhat heavily requested
>Slightly edgy because of the hints at the possibility of death
>Japanese dub for the weaboos
>completely and utterly ridiculous in concept

Clearly this thread's theme song

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Don't listen to the haters, @ MechWarriorNY MechWarriorNY -kun
As long as I get to see 10 million bajillion variations of that guy wiping his forehead
And free likes on my post
You're alright with me. :3

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
I was correct, working when you're sick is terrible. Throat hurt to the point where i was raspy as **** whenever I talked, tired from standing and working all day, and they didn't give me lunch because (I work at jiffy lube) a flurry of cars would come in whenever iIgot the chance and they needed me to stay. Used my lunch to go home 30 minutes early. :(

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
>2 Smash Characters + 1 somewhat heavily requested
>Slightly edgy because of the hints at the possibility of death
>Japanese dub for the weaboos
>completely and utterly ridiculous in concept
Clearly this thread's theme song
Fixed.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Everyone in this thread dips into that on occasion/on a daily basis for those more susceptible to doing so, like Bleck and, yes, me, and you just did the exact same thing right there, so...Ayyy, hypocrisy~
more like "mech forgets that being pretentious and spouting pseudo intellectual crap doesn't actually make you smart, clever, or even edgy."

Helsong

Smash Ace
I played against a friend I hadn't played in months. We used to screw around in Melee a lot, but never took it totally seriously.
Wow, he got good. We used to go even, and now I can only barely get a clutch win every now and then. It kinda sucks being left behind, I gotta admit. I just don't have fun grinding out tech skill for long periods of time, though, it's way more fun just playing against other people. So my execution kinda suffers, and it's hardly any surprise people pull ahead skill-wise. He beat me in PM too, which is pretty surprising-he always lost to me. I'm actually kind of proud.

I'm thinking of playing some other games. Maybe I'll work up my F-Zero GX tech again. That game goes from super fast to blinding fast when you grind it up, compared to Melee, which goes from sluggish to just fast. PM goes from fast to super fast, which I super appreciate. I think I've just gotten a little bored.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Shroomed vs KirbyKaze and loser gets 7th...the heck is this tourney man.

Last edited:

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Came 2nd at my local monthly tourney yesterday, second time making it into the money in my career. I'm determined to prove to everyone just how good Sonic is, because seemingly no one else is aside from @GabPR (who I believe is the best Sonic in the world at the moment)
i'll spin u up m8
no, seriously:
also buy me some amiibo in Australia pls
i need mai meta knight

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Helsong Helsong PM's game speed is really similar idk what you are talking about.
It's the responsiveness.
Let me phrase it this way: I can play PM without needing to constantly be on top of my execution and grind. I feel like I absolutely need to grind in order to even being to play Melee in a way that feels fun and responsive.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Aside from control stick inputs, that is mostly character specific thing.

Messi so sexy.

Snake is really sluggish if you aren't on point, for example.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
sonic hits bundle on sale in the humble store

comes with generations

unsure if wany even thouhg only $16 ;-;

Helsong

Smash Ace
Aside from control stick inputs, that is mostly character specific thing.
Precisely. PM's characters feel better all the way through the skill levels, compared to Melee. It makes for a far more fun game to play, at least for me.

And don't even get me started on the control stick inputs, ugh. As someone who likes more twitch in their controls, even PM doesn't quite do it for me. Melee feels like I'm moving through molasses, it's horrible.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Puff, Marth, Shiek, and Peach are all viable Melee characters with tech barriers similar to PM chars.

Considering Fox is still the fastest in terms of getting attacks out and moving effectively, I think that PM and Melee have similar speeds when you maximize your tech too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
set an alarm, bruh.
Never works for me because I can't guess how long it'll take for me to get to sleep. I'll set an alarm for like, an hour and a half from now, then lay down, and I won't fall asleep until an hour later.

Top Bottom