• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Congrats on third, @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds

You just went toe to toe with mother****ing chillindude.
RIP Odds. Was fun to watch you bro.
Thanks guys! :D

honestly I kinda wanted to see odds take it to a smaller stage but I figure he knows something I don't
I tuned in like an hour or two ago. I was under the impression that battlefield, yoshi's story, and warioware were Bowser's best stages, so maybe it's a MU thing.
I kind of imagine Chillin banned WarioWare, banning WW is kind of a no-brainer vs Bowser.
Bowser can gimp Wolf at basically any %, I was just choking really hard (largely due to having zero MU experience) and dropping edgeguards all over the place. Wolf has to kill Bowser off the top or sides, but because I can gimp him, small blast zones are actually bad for me in the MU. As for the stage being huge and upping the camp factor, Chillin's not exactly known for his camping so I wasn't worried about that.

I let him go to Smashville first game because it's flat and I figured I could 0-death him relatively consistently.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaally late, but just want to publicly thank @Odds_ for letting me team with him/annoy him at Northwest Majors when my original partner didn't show up. And for DESTROYING all of WA PM in bracket, friendlies, and MMs. You still haven't convinced me that G&W is 75-25 vs. Bowser though :p

Hope you come down again in the future!
bruh

@| Big D | I love you as a person, and hanging out with you at NWM was a blast, hope we can do it again next time.

You're still a fraud though lmao

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
can anyone recommend some hopefully easy gen ed courses i should look for? really don't want to spend much time on them because cs requires quite a bit of time already
BREH I HATE WHEN U IGNORE ME
IM NOT GONNA ANSWRR YET QUESTJON NOW ETHER
SUFFER

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
@ steelguttey steelguttey I haven't actually practiced toon link since 3.0 (just casually played him on occasion), but I'd heard the MU was heavily in his favor and I was extremely frustrated with the Bowser:ICs matchup, figured it would be worth a shot. I probably should have gone Lizardon or Kruby, because I'm way less rusty with them, or just stayed bowser. I think I know who I want to pick up to make sure I never lose to | Big Fraud | again, but waiting on @Hylian to respond to hails to make sure I don't make a terrible mistake.

Anyone else have the link to his huge ICs MU spread post? I can't seem to find it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
http://ask.fm/Strong_Badam/answer/127620542338

...wait, was that still a thing. I thought we got it during the 3.6 announcement mess and that's why all of PMDT stopped talking about it

there's a thing????? a thing???????? A THING
was what still a thing...? There's something in 3.6 that is yet unannounced that I am most excited for. It could be a new color for DK, or a new sound effect, or new song. It doesn't need to be big dude.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i dunno, man. coldsteel's a pretty big deal.

gotta hope nintendo doesn't decide to throw him in smush before you guys can release, though.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Also that @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds and @Hungry Headcrab both did super good at NWM7, good **** PMS.
http://www.twitch.tv/62bitgaming/b/653814105?t=26m56s start here, have fun

Random dream time!

Last night I dreamed I was at a weekly in some place I've never been before, playing some weird 3D variant of Smash with a huge stage. Axe was there, I don't know why. A hooker showed up at some point. It ended with me driving a bus through an extremely cramped parking garage and into the city because I had to find someone.

idk :smash:

@ steelguttey steelguttey I haven't actually practiced toon link since 3.0 (just casually played him on occasion), but I'd heard the MU was heavily in his favor and I was extremely frustrated with the Bowser:ICs matchup, figured it would be worth a shot. I probably should have gone Lizardon or Kruby, because I'm way less rusty with them, or just stayed bowser. I think I know who I want to pick up to make sure I never lose to | Big Fraud | again, but waiting on @Hylian to respond to hails to make sure I don't make a terrible mistake.

Anyone else have the link to his huge ICs MU spread post? I can't seem to find it.
http://smashboards.com/threads/tier-list-speculation.331666/page-595#post-18263121

Actually @Hylian kinda curious if you've changed your mind on any of these since then.

and I still think Mewtwo bops ICs :grin:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

http://smashboards.com/threads/tier-list-speculation.331666/page-595#post-18263121

That^?

Ninja'd

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
god tyler the creators new album is ****ing awful

wolf showed so much promise too, its disapointing. like every odd future album for the past year

EDIT: boikos opinion of reslived and nza arent very high lmao

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
So, there's a new Dragon Ball TV series announced, not sure if worried or excited.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
So, there's a new Dragon Ball TV series announced, not sure if worried or excited.
Considering how awful GT was, the bar isn't set pretty high :p

I'm excited this time around, especially since Akira Toriyama is doing the writing again!

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
<-- mfw
Holy **** I am excited. As long as we get something better than the Buu saga I'll be pleased.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Buu > Cell. I don't really care about people debating the quality of the later sagas, which are kind of comparatively blah, but Buu is an infinitely better villain and has spawned a whole race of Majins.

So I am glad he exists for those reasons.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Considering how awful GT was, the bar isn't set pretty high :p

I'm excited this time around, especially since Akira Toriyama is doing the writing again!
That's what I thought, but like, I'd also really want a series that's of better quality than Battle of the Gods.

ociplaC

Smash Cadet
Damn @ Boiko Boiko ,

Reslived thinks NZA is top 2 Ness players. (http://i.imgur.com/I3GdE4v.png)

If I had known the Ness metagame was THAT under developed for NZA to be #2, I would start thinking Ness might actually be Top 15 character.
Reslived: 'Aki is "notable"'

WHAT

Aki took 5th at NWM, cleanly 2-0d players like Bladewise, and pretty much dominated most of the other players. He basically went from WA hidden boss status to making a huge impact at a National. He's incredibly hard to beat in friendlies, let alone bracket.

I'd say Top 3 guaranteed. What results/how well do guys like NZA stack up in comparison?

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Damn @ Boiko Boiko ,

Reslived thinks NZA is top 2 Ness players. (http://i.imgur.com/I3GdE4v.png)

If I had known the Ness metagame was THAT under developed for NZA to be #2, I would start thinking Ness might actually be Top 15 character.
Res calls himself better than me. Says he'll beat me in the ditto, despite the fact that I beat Stereo in the ditto, who he considers the best Ness main. He recently posted his "POSSIBLY MY GREATEST COMBO OF ALL TIME" gfy on reddit and it was possibly the most amateur Ness combo I've ever seen complemented with zero DI from his opponent. When shared, the general response from good players was, "That was really unimpressive." I don't know why he thinks he's good, tbh. His approach is literally full hop fair>fade back/DJ back PK Fire. Pretty sure he can't DJC either.

NZA is good though. I think he makes a lot of questionable recovery decisions and possibly gets into his own head a bit and that limits his play. His neutral is solid, and his punish game is good. But he's very aggressive and I don't think it's optimal. But he gets solid results, so I don't think he's a slouch by any means.

Edit: Regarding Aki, I love his play. I think he's really solid, top 5 for sure. I think with more exposure he'll keep getting better and better.

As it stands, the top 5 Ness mains IMO in no particular order are: StereoKiDD, Boiko, NZA, Aki, and zeej.

Edit 2: You should see the crazy new tech I've been developing with Ness. Just wait until Nova on Friday, hahaha.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Reslived: 'Aki is "notable"'

WHAT

Aki took 5th at NWM, cleanly 2-0d players like Bladewise, and pretty much dominated most of the other players. He basically went from WA hidden boss status to making a huge impact at a National. He's incredibly hard to beat in friendlies, let alone bracket.

I'd say Top 3 guaranteed. What results/how well do guys like NZA stack up in comparison?
Reslived is an idiot, what do you expect?

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I'm drawing a blank here. What's the opposite of induction? In a logical way, as in "1 human is dumb->all humans are dumb". I can't remember the word and a quick googling didn't help.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You just lack a proper awareness.

I think Mech would say something more along the lines of "everyone is stupid" rather then "everyone is an idiot".

I firmly believe that there is a difference between idiocy and stupidity.
Everyone is dumb yo

Top Bottom