• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Exactly. It's a total lack of dedication. Most of it is empty praise. Dedicated people find a way. It's got this huge circlejerk around it, but almost no one likes it enough to put in the legwork.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yeah this is a highly uncharitable view. Fighting games have a long history of genuinely praising an older version of a series that people do enjoy, but aren't going to play seriously because there are so many new games to play and something has to give.

The praise is real, it doesn't mean tons of people want to competitively play every version of a game ever made for all time. This is a Smash community obsession (except for Brawl) that is unique to us.

There is also Street Fighter which has people run multiple games on a lesser scale than Smash but even that is just a small sample of games.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Even though it has the exact reverse effect in that game and gives you more landing lag for airdodging near the ground? lol

I honestly kinda forgot Smash 4 even existed until yesterday. Kinda helps that I don't have it anymore, though. That'll change whenever I get a Wii U.
I don't think you can airdodge while in the animation of an attack already.... if you can, then smash 4 is dumber than I thought.
smashboards dark didn't wasn't orange and black before shaq was it?

pretty sure links and buttons were yellow or white
It was always orange and black, actually. :L
smashboards dark has the orange/yellow links, smashboards onyx has the white/gray. I use onyx and think that dark looks ugly lmao.

Gonna skip out on the gravedigging discussion though.

Panty will return someday. I'll eventually rewatch the anime with someone who has never seen and be inspired again, like how I watched it with @Lunchables recently.
I haven't watched it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't handle Zach's new avatar. Blue Eyes White Privilege is the best thing I've heard in like a year or something.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
look, that dragon is moreso diamond-shaded then white and would probably be discriminated based on that

weirdo blue-dragon, let's TP his house

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
He prefers Kneesocks
Good man.

But can I just rant about the amiibo situation today? If limited stock and store exclusives weren't enough, people waiting in store at GameStop had to wait (and some are STILL waiting) hours to get their purchases through-that's right, the amount of amiibo requests was so DAMN HIGH that it DDoS'd GAMESTOP'S OWN SERVERS.

Jesus Christ.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LMAO Blue-Eyes White Privilege what about Red eyes black dragon? Red eyes black struggle.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"shoutouts to dr mario guy literally never playing dr mario"

Errytiem

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
yo pms
on the hunt for love again
its been about two weeks since I got rejected
but im pretty sure
0-4 is a reasonable success rate

any advice

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

No Lucas at Evo nerds.

Vashimus

Smash Master
yo pms
but im pretty sure

any advice
Replay those interactions in your head and try and figure out what you did wrong. Did I come on too strong/creepy? Did I let the conversation die and it became awkward? Was I actually looking at her and paying attention to what she had to say? Was I dressed like a bum? Chances are, there's something about yourself you can improve on that way next time things turn out better. Or maybe she just didn't like you because she doesn't date guys who are left-handed or something. Whatever, it happens.

So keep approaching girls, over and over again, fixing what you're doing wrong each time, maybe even get a wingman give advice. Get rejected hundreds of times to the point where you don't even care anymore and just laugh it off. As long as you're learning what to work on and changing each time, sooner or later you'll find someone into you. All it takes one success to make all the failures worth it, like anything else in life.

Of course taking Old Man Grey's advice doesn't hurt either...

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Which throw do I use on Gannon as Falcon? Does jab confirm into grab or should I gentleman? Is there a chain grab? Percentage?

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
yo pms
but im pretty sure

any advice
hang around /r/seduction and get good
just kidding thats probably a terrible idea just fall into love naturally and confess, easiest way to get it done

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Which throw do I use on Gannon as Falcon? Does jab confirm into grab or should I gentleman? Is there a chain grab? Percentage?
Dthrow him then air wobble to rest

If you drop it, at high % do the hoo haa, up throw knee

Top Bottom