• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
This is why Terraria >>>>>> Minecraft
If only the creation system was as fun.
Making something in 3 dimensions is just more fun. Redstone is also one of the best things in any game ever.

But Terraria totally nails the RPG style items and combat. It has notable items and NPCs that incentivize progress. New game plus difficultly spike is cool too.

But let's talk about what a scam Cube World was.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Why go there when we can just ask here
*upvoted*
what a great way to start an opinion
That's the point, I discounted the opinion of my 12yr old self, who I now disagree with.

But I totally started playing Minecraft before anyone at my school thought it was cool. Got my closest 5 or so friends to get into it. I'm og af.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
StandardToaster said:
I honestly can't remember but I do know I started with melee. My first tournament was a local about five minutes from my house for melee and brawl. My mom didn't understand what exactly the tournament was and she likened them to parties. She made us bring a cooler with drink and actually asked my brother (Monk) and I who was bringing the chips. It was extremely embarrassing but everyone there loved us because of the free drinks, haha.
StandardToaster said:
She made us bring a cooler with drink and actually asked my brother (Monk) and I who was bringing the chips. It was extremely embarrassing but everyone there loved us because of the free drinks, haha.
StandardToaster said:

You're related to @MonkUnit ?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Do some graphics card not need to plug directly into the power supply? I can't find a place for it on my card so I'm guessing that's the case.

zman804

Smash Ace
Listening to the first two Love (sic)'s and its like, I'm not worthy. I haven't been a good enough person to deserve to hear this. It's so beautiful

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
F
M
L

I finally get my whole rig put together, but now I can't even see if it's working because apparently there's not a single keyboard in the entire ****ing house
And driving 20 mins to walmart at 2:30 am is not exactly desirable
I take it there's no way around needing a keyboard to make my way through the BIOS?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
F
M
L

I finally get my whole rig put together, but now I can't even see if it's working because apparently there's not a single keyboard in the entire ****ing house
And driving 20 mins to walmart at 2:30 am is not exactly desirable
I take it there's no way around needing a keyboard to make my way through the BIOS?
How do you not own a keyboard?

Also if you've made it to BIOS a lot of the worst-case scenarios are out of the way.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
on that note: this theoretical balance point would also include loss of stupid gameplay elements, which would likely still include fox getting something significant changed.
You mean like actual endlag on his Up B? Kappa but also not kappa.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't have a printer, so I didn't bother printing anything out. We just chatted about it for a while and decided on something. I went fairly standard this time, but next time I might be a little more adventurous.
View attachment 43892
Why do you have a tattoo of a circle? Who took the picture? Close up your hair does indeed seem to have a weird frizz to it.

You went standard enough that I'm not sure what Great clips would have done different. I feel like I just need to find the most professional people working at the Great Clips, and they could accomplish what the stylist would.. for 1/5th the price each time.. without the unnecessary pampering.

Aside from planning a haircut style. I need to find out how to get good clothing attire. I've been watching a lot of Alpha M (Aaron Marino) videos, but without him there with me I can't judge sense of style adequately. The most I can do is try and replicate the exact attire he chooses in his "Make over" videos with people.

In a lot of them he's sponsored by JC Penny and buys most of the clothing for them there: which apparently is doing awful compared to Kohl's. I only have a Kohls near me with all the JC Pennys around being closed down.

I still value comfort highly and I'm extra picky on glasses and shoes. There's so many things wrong with different glasses, one of them being different colored ones reflect distorted light in your eyes.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
How do you not own a keyboard?

Also if you've made it to BIOS a lot of the worst-case scenarios are out of the way.
My family has been all laptops for like a decade now

Anyway, doesn't matter because i got ahead of myself. I hadn't actually tried turning it on; unsurprisingly, now that I do, not a whole lot happens. Nothing came up on the screen, pressing the power button did nothing, the only indications that the comp was receiving any power at all was the flashing LED of the power button and a super faint ticking noise coming from somewhere inside the comp. Tried rearranging the pin connectors on that panel 1 I was having trouble with earlier, still did nothing.

I give up for tonight, time for sleep

TL;DR HELP

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
AHHHHH
EDIT: MADHOUSE YES

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

MY BODY ISN'T READY

On a completely unrelated aside, is it weird that I find it absolutely adorable when girls react in ways similar to this:

?

Last edited:

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman

Anyway, doesn't matter because i got ahead of myself. I hadn't actually tried turning it on; unsurprisingly, now that I do, not a whole lot happens. Nothing came up on the screen, pressing the power button did nothing, the only indications that the comp was receiving any power at all was the flashing LED of the power button and a super faint ticking noise coming from somewhere inside the comp. Tried rearranging the pin connectors on that panel 1 I was having trouble with earlier, still did nothing.

TL;DR HELP
It's only a possibility, but that ticking noise you hear is probably your hard drive.

It may not be turning on because your power supply isn't sufficient enough, or you did something wrong. PC's are conplicated, and the two times I built them I never encountered an issue like this, luckily.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman

TL;DR HELP
Check to make sure the motherboard is properly connected to your CPU and power. On my first computer build I had ran into a similar problem but I then realized there was a sticker covering up half of the CPU connectors. So I was only connecting half of this

I'm going to make a guess and say that since your power light came on, the light ticking noise was the case fans. So part of your motherboard is connected to the power supply correctly, the other isn't.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Okay this is actually amazing.
I must go, my people need me! And you!

Smash 4 doubles as main event when.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium

TL;DR HELP
Make sure you turn off the PSU before doing any of these. It can be easy to forget that.
Step 1: Unplug all power cables and plug them back in. Make sure everything is firmly connected. This works more than you might think. Boot up and try again.
Step 2: Unseat the RAM and stick 'em back in. Boot up and try again.
Step 3: Unseat the CPU and stick it back in. Boot up and try again.

Those are the very simple things that could be going wrong that are the easiest to just chug through and see if any of them fix it. From what you described, the fans don't even really go on, which probably means at the very least you're not getting to BIOS. As noted above, it's possible your power is insufficient or your PSU isn't working, which is a little harder to diagnose. It happened to me, once, and I had to manually test the PSU with a multimeter. Doublecheck that your PSU meets your power requirements and all that.

Why do you have a tattoo of a circle? Who took the picture? Close up your hair does indeed seem to have a weird frizz to it.

You went standard enough that I'm not sure what Great clips would have done different. I feel like I just need to find the most professional people working at the Great Clips, and they could accomplish what the stylist would.. for 1/5th the price each time.. without the unnecessary pampering.
After having my hair cut at Great Clips/Sports Clips/chain places for pretty much my whole life and then going to one of the nicest salons in Chicago, I can safely say that there's a big difference - but depending on your haircut, a "big difference" doesn't actually amount to much visible change. The haircut will probably look a little better when you get it, and a decent amount better 2 months down the line after it's grown a bit, but that's all. It's a much better experience, with a lot of little things that make it better. You know how after going to Great Clips you always have to basically shake out your hair and immediately take a shower so that little bits of cut hair don't get everywhere around your house and on your pillow? Didn't happen. I found three stray bits of cut hair. It's just higher quality service by a pretty wide margin - and I'd hope so, for the price.

But that's small in the long run. If you're going for something new or a cut that's specialized or you're nervous about, it might be worthwhile. But for a standard haircut, it won't make a huge difference to go super cheap.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
28 damage and it KO'd at 40%.

I'm really excited to see how much salt customs produce over the year.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
nooo deeee eeeyyyyeeee

wait

it's honestly hilarious how quickly the status quo is being set up in smash four. diddy is deemed legit but now something that is totally in the game and canon is being regarded as cheap because it causes diddy to lose quickly, and not just in this situation

the same thing happens in PM, characters are deemed "cheap" and "OP" if they can even manage to hold a candle to spacies

Last edited:
Top Bottom