• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What do you guys use to backup Windows stuff?
I have a 1TB USB hard drive for backing up files. Not exactly windows system files or anything, but basically everything else like downloads, gathered and extracted models, images, music, and anything else not system files.
I used it to transfer files from my old tree of a laptop to the one I have now. On a semi-related note:

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Do people really show up to tournaments with USB keyboards?
I don't know tbh, The games I play with keyboard I only play casually. There's likely issues with keyboards that TOs don't want to go into, such as macros and the like. I've never seen a keyboard in tourney yet.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I use my hand

I have a 1TB USB hard drive for backing up files. Not exactly windows system files or anything, but basically everything else like downloads, gathered and extracted models, images, music, and anything else not system files.
I used it to transfer files from my old tree of a laptop to the one I have now. On a semi-related note:

But without software or anything? Just copy and paste?

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I've always had trouble using pads in most fighting games. It simply didn't feel great to me, so I always ended up using the analog stick on my controller instead. Thank goodness I have a stick now.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
So where's a good place to watch Gravity Falls, getting tired of missing random episodes and references watching them on TV.

I don't have netflix

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Play charge characters like me then. I hate dp motions so I just play decapre lol
I've tried her. I have had even less success with her motions then the circle/zizag stuff.

Are you using a pad or stick?
Pad and I have no intention of switching to a stick. I've played actual arcade games before and find the joy-stick to be uncomfortable and just not feeling right.

Vesper's sf4 tutorial does an excellent job of explaining the mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL744144A71C67D816

Here's a list of usefull links for stuff that I that I helped compile... I really don't know what to say, sorry >_>
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180690/newbie-beginners-links

And MMM's post on character selection
http://www.metalmusicman.com/forum/index.php/topic,4947.msg47854.html#new
Thanks.

Though I'm a bit sad to see only one character on that last link of the ones I have been trying, and is only on there by extension of Ryu.

And so many freaking videos with me and my satellite internet. What's wrong with writing out guides? ;-; (this last question is a rhetoric btw)

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys use to backup Windows stuff?
I don't have one single storage point for backup, I use 2 different cloud services, my laptop, phone, tablet, and 1TB hard drive, and my USB drives in order to store anything important. Also, thanks to Github's student pack I have around $100 in credit for a server, so I could store stuff on that as well

My reasoning is that if I stored everything on a single device then I would have nothing if something bad happened to it, but I'm also somewhat paranoid of using solely cloud services for privacy purposes, so I choose to store most of what I have physically

Lizalfos

Smash Master
PSA: Your portmanteau isn't funny or clever. Especially if the words combined make it difficult to distinguish what words it is made up of in the first place.
And if you use them to insult people then you are dumb.

Also, if you have/will have children, do not enforce a deadline to be done with a project before the actual real-world deadline enforced by the teacher, then not allow any further work on said project after said imaginary deadline.

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
I beat the F-Zero staff ghost I had mentioned about a week ago. Unfortunately, Youtube has utterly destroyed the crisp 60FPS quality of the video I used to record it, but here it is anwyay:

This is really, REALLY bad, I should remind you. Absolutely awful. So many places where I did something stupid. This could easily have ten seconds or so knocked off of it if I do everything well. I'm definitely going to try improving this.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I just spent close to $20 on the PSN Flash Sale. So many games...I don't know which to start with.

I've always had trouble using pads in most fighting games. It simply didn't feel great to me, so I always ended up using the analog stick on my controller instead. Thank goodness I have a stick now.
Obviously your fingers weren't really strong.

Last edited:

Frostav

Smash Apprentice

CGN stop reminding me of how much I have to learn at this game

This video gives the me the same feeling that watching Smash pros does--just this pressing sense of "I haven't even scratched one-tenth of the surface of this game".

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Pad and I have no intention of switching to a stick. I've played actual arcade games before and find the joy-stick to be uncomfortable and just not feeling right.
Playing on stick takes time to get use to, took me almost two months to get use to it but if you don't want to it's fine. There are plenty of top players who play on pad (Wolfkrone, Snake eyez, Vangief, Smug, Zeus ect.)

Thanks.

Though I'm a bit sad to see only one character on that last link of the ones I have been trying, and is only on there by extension of Ryu.
Who did you have in mind?

And so many freaking videos with me and my satellite internet. What's wrong with writing out guides? ;-; (this last question is a rhetoric btw)
I honestly don't know how people maneged to play this game before Ves made his guides LMAOOOO

People are suddenly tagging me in their posts
whats happening
im scared
@ Blazing Ambition Blazing Ambition page?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Back to the same old and tired jokes that aren't even necessarily true in the first place it is, then.

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er You saw the ':^)'. You have no excuse for reacting unironically. Do NOT try to start an argument with me over a pithy joke I said on the Internet.

Don't even reply to this. ...Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Back to the same old and tired jokes that aren't even necessarily true in the first place it is, then.

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er You saw the ':^)'. You have no excuse for reacting unironically. Do NOT try to start an argument with me over a pithy joke I said on the Internet.

Don't even reply to this. ...Thank you in advance.
Oh, I see. Perpetuating systemic oppression by using a slur is now ok.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
ugh, ever had one of those classes where the information is so ambiguous given out at the start that by the time the semester's halfway over you're bull****ting everything? this windows server class in a nutshell. such a gigantic waste of time and energy when I should be putting it all towards my network routing class.

Top Bottom