• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I never got the love over Rosalina cause I'm a chump who never played Galaxy but is she more tolerable than Peach ?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I never got the love over Rosalina cause I'm a chump who never played Galaxy but is she more tolerable than Peach ?
Through the power of a 5 year old potato, I give you the answer.

Yeah, she's definitely better.

(Peach is still cute, though)

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Don't give them anymore ideas I have nothing to do with it at all. So lets talk about Smash now...?
Sure.

Personally, I find Rosaluma to be one of the funnest characters to play as in Sm4sh, although that's mostly their playstyle ressembles a lot the puppet characters that I love in fighting games. (not a joke, btw)
Otherwise, I like too many characters in Sm4sh. Finding a main is hard.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
rosalina aside I've got a bigger problem PMS social.

My friend played project M around 2.6 and loved it through 3.5.

He was great at it for his level of technical knowledge, but recently he's been having problems.

Smash 4 came out and he played that exclusively for quite a while, but now he's trying to get back into project M but he can't. It's like everything he knows has been thrown out the window and he's even losing to people that I know he could beat.

I figure it was a good time to reteach him everything from the beginning, but I'm a horrible teacher. Normally we'd just play to get better but at his current project M level there is no way he would learn anything from that.

Is there any good methods anyone knows or any videos that would be great for learning the basics and advanced things?
I'm pretty sure he's a visual learner, but since I hold the controller differently than him he can't do it while seeing it from my hands.
Re-requesting

No, slapping him wouldn't work. He'd slap back. and definitely a lot harder than I would.

He lives right around the corner from me, so sending him home wouldn't work either, besides. that's a pretty dickish move (was obviously a joke though)
I don't know about that controller thing. He just put in money to get the white controller a while ago. He definitely won't do it again.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I guess PMdepot could be one source, although we have no idea what he needs to learn back?

Is it about techniques? Is it character-specific, matchup-specific, or... everything (and some more)?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Depends on what you like. One keeps getting kidnapped in the most dumbest ways possible, while the other doesn't(?)
Yeah that's my problem with Peach and not doing a damn thing about it unless it's Super Princess Peach. Also I really do love tall girls lol but I won't touch Rosalina seriously unless I play Galaxy and enjoy it
Through the power of a 5 year old potato, I give you the answer.

Yeah, she's definitely better.

(Peach is still cute, though)
She's cutely annoying. I need more Zelda tho.
Sure.

Personally, I find Rosaluma to be one of the funnest characters to play as in Sm4sh, although that's mostly their playstyle ressembles a lot the puppet characters that I love in fighting games. (not a joke, btw)
Otherwise, I like too many characters in Sm4sh. Finding a main is hard.
ZWEI in Soul Calibur V, Zato-1 in Guilty Gear and the Clovers Carl and Relius would be up in your fancy then.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
wait what's actually wrong with mario teh plumber

buying 500 rosalina amiibos for scalping purposes is hilarious I approve

this is like some seinfeld esports ish
Its not 500 its only like 260+ I forget lost count but anyways. I should have nothing to do with this character and I don't know why people won't stop mocking me with her. They just need to deal with it.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I guess PMdepot could be one source, although we have no idea what he needs to learn back?

Is it about techniques? Is it character-specific, matchup-specific, or... everything (and some more)?
Everything and more.

I'd say he was at the point where he peaked in his skill without learning anything advanced. His basics used to be rock solid but not anymore.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It will never end I'm sorry
You can tell people to drop it, to not associate her with you, but they will keep doing it, forever and/or until the day you die or the internet shuts down
In fact the only way tostop it would be to embrace it. Love the rosalina, BECOME the rosalina

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
lol wat

I'm just wondering why you did it tbh

how is scalping them working, have you sold many yet?
I don't know if he's selling them or not but it's a lot less intelligent and funny when you hear the actual reasoning behind it Karp. I'll leave it at that =3.

Also +1 to @ MLGF MLGF for Rumble McSkirmish

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I'm thinking of putting this in Warioware. any thoughts?

ZWEI in Soul Calibur V, Zato-1 in Guilty Gear and the Clovers Carl and Relius would be up in your fancy then.
Actually, I play Bridget and Zappa in Guilty Gear (Bedman in Xrd), Carl in Blazblue and I "play" Tira in SoulCalibur. After that, it's Chaos in UNiB:EL (I cry every night about this decision), S.Labrys in P4U, Lieselotte in Arcana Heart and C.WLen in Melty Blood. So if I take a look at those characters, If I do not play the shadow, I'll probably gravitate towards the more "unorthodox" characters, or people with mixups options (or, at least, giving the illusion of having those mixups options).

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
I don't need to tell you anything of what I do it'll just add more ammo to this thread so you all need to drop it right now.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Or the plumber guy could just stop freaking out every time someone brings it up, its not that big of a deal. People only get amusement from teasing someone when that person's reaction is entertaining.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I don't need to tell you anything of what I do it'll just add more ammo to this thread so you all need to drop it right now.
In all honesty, as hard it might be, the best solution for you would be to ignore it or, as @ Paradoxium Paradoxium said, stop freaking out about it. Your oversized reactions will only increase the fire.

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
In all honesty, as hard it might be, the best solution for you would be to ignore it or, as @ Paradoxium Paradoxium said, stop freaking out about it. Your oversized reactions will only increase the fire.
Maybe because it is hard to ignore if I hate it. Ever think of that? I hate this character more than anything but yet everytime I make one post here it gets thrown off topic with Rosalina. I ****ing hate her more than anything and have nothing to do with her so **** off.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
M2K beat out HBox for my least favorite top smasher.

Still the lolziest tho.
Maybe because it is hard to ignore if I hate it. Ever think of that? I hate this character more than anything but yet everytime I make one post here it gets thrown off topic with Rosalina. I ****ing hate her more than anything and have nothing to do with her so **** off.
The internet is styling on you hard, time to GG out.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
See what I mean?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I mean, you give a big middle finger to the Waifu/Rosalina fans, then you go into a forum populated by Waifu/Rosalina fans. What did you expect

Top Bottom