• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
And keep momentum? And use Rest out of that momentum? Please please please?

You put the idea in my head and now I'm sad that I'll never see this.
I didn't envision the jumping canceling the move, I figured it would work more like how Squirtle can jump during withdraw or Wario can jump during Shoulder Bash.

Marth's melee neutral b covers a lot more space than brawl's. You can hit people below the ledge I think with melee's shield breaker swing; likewise, if a Marth player wants the large sweep of the f-smash, but knows the opponent is coming in too high (say if a spacie is recovering with >b) they can use neutral-b in the air to get the same effect.

I do like the stab though, it's just not as good.
I know, that's why I'd like to see it more like an alternate version. I imagine keeping neutral B exactly as it is, except add an extra command during it where if you hold forward when you release B, he'll stab instead. It's probably not possible, but I could see how the increased distance could occasionally be more useful than a wider sweep, especially if he takes a step forward when doing it.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I think making sing useful in some way would be nice.
Sing is the last thing that should be buffed in Jigglypuff's arsenal. Just have a lower launch angle on F-throw and higher bkb on B-throw or something so she can set up her carry-offs. Even people that hate Jigglypuff have to marvel at carry-offs with a "dear lord," as she uses up the last of her jumps then pounds twice and air dodges to just barely make it back to the stage.

Kati

Smash Lord
yes I really really want to see the invincibility in action in order to understand what the fuss is all about.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Falcon
- Aerial raptor Boost has less landing lag and/or does not put user in stall animation once landed (like Wolf's side b)
- Grounded Falcon Kick has less start-up frames/light armor so he can use it to gtfo out of pressure situations OR Falcon kick has less ending and landing lag so it can be used for combos.
- Falcon Dive's start-up/first few frames have invincibility/light armor and/or has less landing lag.

You know, just throwin this out here.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
idk man, i think falcon dive should have less start up so it can be used safely as an OOS move

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
idk man, i think falcon dive should have less start up so it can be used safely as an OOS move
You could just do that to his u-smash. That would make his Oos options significantly better since you can combo off of it if the developers were willing to go that far to buff Falcon, but I doubt it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I can kind of get why he can't, but at the same time I'm annoyed by how different it is from how Sonic actually is. In every Sonic game where he can Spin Dash, he can charge indefinitely.
Not in adventure 1 and 2. Once you get certain upgrades he loses his indefinite charge.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

EDIT: Also sonic the fighters and sonic battle. Spindash was a move with finite charge to act as startup. :V

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Example of Shine beating out stuff with invincibility: grabs, Roy's fully charged B can go through you and miss, attacks timed during the invincibility basically

Fox goes invincible, your attack slices through him like butter, and he hits you.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I just dislike Falcon's play style in general.
As for the Brawl Marth Shield Breaker, perhaps the ability to angle it might suffice. I know this must be a task that the PMBR must not think highly of, but Marth's Shield Breaker in Brawl is something that gave Marth some extra flash.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Does Marth actually need any extra flash

You know what, lets give Puff a shield breaker. He certainly needs some "flash."

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Uhm yeah that is exactly what I did NZA... You come across as being very bitter and jaded NZA, I also reccomended you look at M2K's data if you want to know what Fox really is. Shine comboes into usmash, Marth fair comboes to dair+fair+tipperfsmash+utilt etc. Other characters have reliable kill setups too, shine is dumb, yup won't argue that. It makes Falco's entire character (though that gun is just as necessary that little bird is so damn slow), and really helps Fox out. Anyway I have no desire to pick apart posts and argue over little subjective quirks in each other's arguements. I would consider toning Falco down, shiek got what was needed, and peach is peach, Fox could do with a little less kbgrowth on usmash maybe, but I honestly wouldn't change that much about him. If he starts winning regionals and nationals all over the place in melee and PM then maybe he really does need something more drastic, but a NTSC-PAL middle-ground wouldn't be a bad compromise IMO.
As a side note you kind of exaggerated upsmash, yeah it is the best upsmash in melee, I wasn't arguing that, but if you think it is some kind of free tool with no disadvantage, positional or otherwise... Well, you are wrong. Honestly your closing argument just doesn't make sense within your examples,(really it just sounds like an angry attempt to shout someone down via interwebz) exactly when is jab--->upshamsh or any attempted combo considered a positional disadvantage for the player landing it?

Hey man,

Your right. My tone was off base and a bit too aggressive for the conversation. Thanks for calling me out on it.

It's not that I don't believe usmash has positional disadvantages. I just think, in combination with it's power, it should be more punishable than it is. It isn't really acceptable to me that I see people in top 8 evo failing to punish attempted usmashes. A move this powerful should be the easiest thing to punish...or it just shouldn't be as powerful as it is. Ideally, the solution to PMBR (if they are brave enough to create a solution) is to go for the latter strategy: make usmash and uair kill at 15-20% later, and suddenly you have a reasonable S class character (although his most abusive properties of mobility and shine which make his playstyle possible would still be intact). Anyhow, I don't think there's really more on my end to say on this.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
@NZA
It's cool man I don't mind. As far as upsmash goes, maybe a little less kbgrowth would be an interesting thing to toy around with, but the reality is that most upsmashes aren't random chip hits that someone just rushed in and risked right in someone's face. They are usually combo'd into or the result of baiting the opponent into a disadvantagious position. Concerning Mango at EVO, he's freaking Mango, he beats the best Falcons at large regionals with their own character, won a national with Jiggs, can beat top-level players with Mario, literally plays and beats people with all high-tiers short of peach and shiek. He won EVO imo, Fox helped and he is a good character, but Mango has a better record than Fox does. Also his upsmashes went unpunished, not because of the move, but because of the situations and ways the move was used, Mango is just a very unique and intelligent player.
To clarify I'm not saying the move is or isn't super-good, (it is though lol).

@Eli
Sure, sounds like fun. You might want to get someone who is better at the game than I am however haha.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Sing is the last thing that should be buffed in Jigglypuff's arsenal. Just have a lower launch angle on F-throw and higher bkb on B-throw or something so she can set up her carry-offs. Even people that hate Jigglypuff have to marvel at carry-offs with a "dear lord," as she uses up the last of her jumps then pounds twice and air dodges to just barely make it back to the stage.
I am not saying buff sing just make it useful even if it does something other than put them to sleep.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Rest's invincibility lasts from when you activate it till Jiggs closes her eyes. And since shine and Rest come out in one 1 frame, they just wouldn't hit each other.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
AND THEN, FOX CHARGES USMASH

huhehuehue brbrbrbrbrb

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Man Sonic is so weird to me now.

Why can I hold all these spins?

I can understand the fact that you have to mash the button faster as the difficulty rises, but I got a better question. Why can't Sonic's Down B and Side B clank with other moves anymore? It made sense for Sonic's spins to clank with other moves given how his spines are like a razor at the speed he's going.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Not in adventure 1 and 2. Once you get certain upgrades he loses his indefinite charge.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

EDIT: Also sonic the fighters and sonic battle. Spindash was a move with finite charge to act as startup. :V
Yeah, the Adventure games do work that way, but by then he isn't Spin Dashing, he's Light Speed Dashing. I usually forget Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle exist.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Just curious - if I figured out how to stream Pokemon Puzzle League and talked with the chat while playing, how many people would watch? I promise that I'm pretty good! (And I'm actually complimenting myself, so you know it's true :p.)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Azen bodies all Tetris and Puzzle related games

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Can I use those tokens for a Fox plushie? Otherwise useless to me

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I saw that on the japanese youtube video the other day. It looks AWESOME! I hope Red is more edgy than Ash.
So we're back to Pokemon Social? Works for me. I thought it was weird that Red picked Charmander, as in the comics he chose Bulbasaur. Guess it's not the same Red though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Moltres in OU right, Hurricane in rain op

Am I doing Pokemanz right

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Long as the spacies retain they're playstyles everyone should be happy right? I mean what the hell is 10-20% more to those guys?

Thats spare change son.

Top Bottom