• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

JOE!

Smash Hero
Stopped reading after firts paragraph
READ THE BOOKS
Besides that, seriously though this has bugged me.

For one, Wizards are shown to be rare compared to Muggles, meaning an outnumbering scenario is highly unlikely vs Muggles. Second, point n shoot outspeeds pretty much any spell of use especially since you can shoot much further away than what damn near any spell has ever been shown to reach.

idk, i always saw it as a kind of weird plot hole just for the sake of the story yet always bugged me lol.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
When J.K. Rowling gives us a lot of background info explaining how wizards think, then it isn't really a plothole anymore why they refuse to use the tools of muggles.

People don't always behave in the most rational manner possible, especially when you are dealing with something as totally irrational as magic.

As long as it makes sense in the context of their society, it works.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You guys can talk **** about wresting all you want ( I do it too, I dont enjoy it)
you can't deny that Cena's theme beat is amazing
This sample is pretty badly looped though

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
When J.K. Rowling gives us a lot of background info explaining how wizards think, then it isn't really a plothole anymore why they refuse to use the tools of muggles.

People don't always behave in the most rational manner possible, especially when you are dealing with something as totally irrational as magic.

Think it may have gotten lost in the million posts a minute here, but what did she say about using Muggle artifacts?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
JK Rowling's vision of magic is boring. Let's talk about how cool the One Power is instead.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Let's not and pretend we already did.
*AC:Unity snip*

I just started Gurren Lagann-

Whose ever had a moment like this?
...The most I'll do is get like this
and look just once, then avert my eyes permanently.(dat instant memorization at a glance ability) I don't want to ever make any girl uncomfortable if I can help it, and that goes for people in general. I don't like hurting people's feelings, etc. etc.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The winner is predetermined but there's more to that. There's the in ring psychology that goes into it. There's also an element of storytelling that goes into it. If you listen to this match, Austin will tell you the deeper things that go on in presenting and telling a story in a match.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...restlemania-13-with-austin-s-commentary_sport
Well I watched the whole thing. Austin's enthusiastic commentary is enjoyable, but wrestling is such a weird and repetitive pastime

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Think it may have gotten lost in the million posts a minute here, but what did she say about using Muggle artifacts?
At the Ministry of Magic there is a Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office, whose sole job is to prevent everyday objects from being enchanted. Mostly to keep them out of circulation and falling back into muggle hands.

There was the exception of the flying car, but I don't think that was condoned at all.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Do you think if I grow out my hair and tug my braid enough, I'll turn into a tsundere with incredible magical powers?

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
...The most I'll do is get like this
and look just once, then avert my eyes permanently.(dat instant memorization at a glance ability) I don't want to ever make any girl uncomfortable if I can help it, and that goes for people in general. I don't like hurting people's feelings, etc. etc.

Oh.
We made the assumption it was a girl
kay
I thought it was strong bad we were talking about

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Tangled is great and defs way better than Frozen: The Musical Ft. Let It Go

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero

Right, but at the same time you would think stuff like that would happen given the nature of how some students go back to "muggle life" between semesters and such, or even just in general.

I guess what I'm asking is that I'd love to see somethign sortof like Xmen's "cure" storyline or Mr Sinister with these types of "hidden world" type stories. Where each side comes into contact and the actual ramifications and questions are brought up instead of "lol, we must stay hidden from the normal people!".

Also, never seen tangled. Should I?

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
tangled is good

and I know it goes against everyone's kneejerk "I gotta hate anything that's popular so that I'll look smart" bull**** but so is frozen

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Tangled is a great movie, it has a lot of clever things in it without beating you over the head with a message unlike that movie about icy slush, I forget what it's called.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Frozen is good, my comment was more so relative to Tangled itself. I think Tangled does most/all of everything better overall.

But mostly I'm just sick of hearing Let It Go played everywhere which is more of a pop culture issue, god damn sick of that

Also, trying to subvert the typical view of true love with sisterly love doesn't make the use of it less lame. It also would have helped if they tried to actually establish a strong connection between the two.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Permbanning people hurts me.

Please stop.

You're hurting me PMS.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You guys can talk **** about wresting all you want ( I do it too, I dont enjoy it)
you can't deny that Cena's theme beat is amazing
This sample is pretty badly looped though
It works well in prank calls.

Well I watched the whole thing. Austin's enthusiastic commentary is enjoyable, but wrestling is such a weird and repetitive pastime
That's kinda why I like that through different eras. To try and change up things.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Besides that, seriously though this has bugged me.

For one, Wizards are shown to be rare compared to Muggles, meaning an outnumbering scenario is highly unlikely vs Muggles. Second, point n shoot outspeeds pretty much any spell of use especially since you can shoot much further away than what damn near any spell has ever been shown to reach.

idk, i always saw it as a kind of weird plot hole just for the sake of the story yet always bugged me lol.
Bro it takes place in the 90's
Also, England is very strict on gun control, pretty sure citizens cant even own firearms.
hey I know that this woman says critical things about video games and that must make you feel really bad about yourself but can you maybe keep offensively intolerant comments to yourself please
Bleck you're a ****ing idiot

Actually read the rest of the post before misquoting **** out of context.

Bleck

Smash Master
Bleck you're a ****ing idiot
calm down kiddo

Actually read the rest of the post before misquoting **** out of context.
yeah I read the rest of his post, probably in a quarter of the time it took you to come up with this stunning counterpost

the rest of his criticism doesn't justify saying "speaking of Jews that I hate" - there was no point in quoting the entire post and splattering it all over another page, so I cut it down to the part that I was responding to directly

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
We gonna do this again? Really? Stop posting, the both of you.
Get off SWF for a half hour or more. Don't be Those Guys™.

...Besides, what did Hylian just say, after all?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wait. What happened when I left to go watch videos
Don't worry, nothing of worth was lost. This thread rarely has any value whatsoever. I can't even go s*** on this thread with my awesomeness, that's how bad and unworthy it is right now.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Status quo is only dumb if whatever has been allowed to become the status quo is dumb to begin with

So the best status quo would be having no status quo?

Top Bottom