• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean? I played him like, once in dubz when it was my first or second tournament.

I haven't played him in any friendlies or singles or anything. Been meaning to though.
Was just curious because your name suddenly struck me as being familiar, thought I might have heard about you, still think I may have lol.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
We getting banned now tho??

This place getting too dangerous. You dun it now PMS. The gods of hylia are angered

SpiderMad

Smash Master
And they are all supposedly crazy. Lauren is a crazy girl name
Are they? I guess that might be also true, what's the least craziest girl name? But like okay so, Mango's gf, DrPP's gf, maybe some other Smash pro's gf I'm forgetting. Then I go to a smashfest/tournament and I'm seeing the same thing with Kel's GF and so on

Maybe Lauren is just one of the top most common girl names for our generation and I never noticed or something

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
We all need spy camera pens man

Also I wanted to mention, what happened to the guy "Dolan"? or what his name was, who wrote gibberish on this thread a year ago
I know who you're talking about. He actually made some pretty good posts when he wasn't messing around.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Lmao tuned in in time on VGBC to see Mango say "lucario is silly, that is all" right before GF finish.

And oh hey, Salty Suite trailer hyyyype

Lizalfos

Smash Master
hey I know that this woman says critical things about video games and that must make you feel really bad about yourself but can you maybe keep offensively intolerant comments to yourself please
Incoming response. Avoid if uninterested.
Not offensive unless opposing opinions cripple your emotions on the spot. I didn't personally attack her, just her work. When I look at her general message, I agree, but the devil is in the details. When it comes to games and movies, she operates on this assumption that tropes are always super serious, and not just a tool for explaining a scenario to an audience.

And people spent good money on kickstarter for this series. Her biggest failing is that instead of conducting her own scientific research or even assembling lots of facts and statistics, she gives a TV tropes summary of common tropes in media and then suggests that it represents real life oppression of women. She could really provide something more concrete than what she does. I'm sure she has college degrees proving she learned how to conduct real research, so I'd appreciate if she did.

Once again, her videos are really these benign, absurd things, but it is harmful when people promote her as a hero of feminism when what she says basically amounts to "these things in media are icky, and people beat their wives because Sephiroth stabbed that girl in the Final Fantasy HD Remake wow look at those HD but pointy WOMEN OBJECTIFYING POLYGONS!"

Also there are those fringe people who complain that AC Unity doesn't have a female playable character and it is the most real life important thing in the world that there is and Ubi you need to program that in now. I mean really, I get there is a shortage of female protagonists, and Ubi and every other AAA publisher has cancer for PR, but why do we need to get upset every time the trailer comes out and the main character ISN'T female? It's not like anyone got excited for the native american assassin and the female african-american assassin.

And Unity wasn't even that good from a story perspective anyway; the assassins didn't even pay real mind to the revolution is what I've heard. Its like people expected a quality character from a yearly installment series.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ubisoft has many PR problems, and no girl assassins is not one of them. Ubi trips over themselves on so many other stupid comments for that one to be the biggest worry.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Nothing makes me happier than telling people on the PM subreddit why Olimar is dumb.

oh wait cookies make me happier than that

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
anita's stuff is incredibly brain-dead simple, and while I thought that was to its detriment at first I'm starting to wonder if it's still too subtle, considering the, er-hem, backlash of it, to say the least

also ubisoft's female char problem is definitely a PR hellhole don't even think otherwise. there's a reason it became the butt of jokes from sunset overdrive

no wait I don't want to speak activese anymore. I know I'll post a gfy and hope everyone is distracted HEY LOOK A SAMUS DID A COOL THING

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Late for wrestling topic, Ive only watched wwe for santino marella, I miss him but I don't want to search up anything wrestling related

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is there an appeals process we can turn to now?

PMS gotta take care of its own in these dark times.
I don't imagine it would be anywhere close to a permanent ban (though Idk why it warrants a ban in the first place)

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm not sure what was posted since it seems to be removed or something so I'm not going to comment on whether or not I think the ban should stick

Lizalfos

Smash Master
is anita sarkeesian jewish
You are so blissfully unaware of the joke, aren't you.
The joke was just that I wanted somebody to say ANYTHING relevant so I could change the subject to what I wanted. (Thus all the likes, CAUSE IT WAS A JOKE!)
I'm not sure what was posted since it seems to be removed or something so I'm not going to comment on whether or not I think the ban should stick
>I don't know what I'm talking about
>I offer my opinion

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
The joke was just that I wanted somebody to say ANYTHING relevant so I could change the subject to what I wanted. (Thus all the likes, CAUSE IT WAS A JOKE!)
why was antisemitism relevant to anita sarkeesian

>I don't know what I'm talking about
>I offer my opinion
the words "I'm not going to comment on whether or not I believe the ban should stick" indicate that I'm currently not interested in having an opinion, and as such to imply that I'm being unreasonable to offer my opinion seems kind of pedantic, like you're looking feverishly for a way to make me look bad, or something

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
why was antisemitism relevant to anita sarkeesian
I think at this point you need to trust everyone that it was a lame joke. Just ignore that part.
anita's stuff is incredibly brain-dead simple, and while I thought that was to its detriment at first I'm starting to wonder if it's still too subtle, considering the, er-hem, backlash of it, to say the least

also ubisoft's female char problem is definitely a PR hellhole don't even think otherwise. there's a reason it became the butt of jokes from sunset overdrive
I can't tell if Anita's opinion is blatantly obvious or just really dumb. Either: a) Females aren't represented in games and these tropes aren't that cool guys but it is just games not really life or death. or b) Never use these tropes ever it literally kills women/is what is holding women back in society.

I feel like she loses sight and leans towards b. Like not even ironically can these tropes exist in a healthy society according to her.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I'm surprised I have never received a warning or anything for being absolutely grating and a whiner.
I've never read the rules perse, so I wouldn't know where I fall on the spectrum of eternal hatred of the mods.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
answer the question
It changed the subject to a more social political topic. That is it. Literally it. It was a response to Baz's Hanukkah avy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tink-er seems like the last person to ever post something objectionable.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
so what you're saying is that making antisemitic comments so that you could transition into being one of anita sarkeesian's detractors in the same vein that many of anita sarkeesian's detractors have been was a coincidence, and that you didn't mean to say something blatantly offensive and personally insulting, and as such we should ignore that you've done so without you acknowledging what you've done or apologizing for it

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, seems kinda odd. It's not like himemiya where she had a hentai-related avatar every couple of days that you could find easily on your neighborhood friendly hentai site.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well you can usually assume none of us being here for a year or so would post something too vile

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
All Tinker posted was a music video about anime puddy (think Tweety bird) in response to another video which sampled the song from the video.

Was it suggestive? Yes.

Did it warrant more than a warning? I don't think so.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
#FreePMS
#FreePMBR
#PMDTareFakePleaseRemoveThemFromLifeBecauseIStillDontAcceptThatDumbNameChange
#IThinkIllGetBanned
#GanonIsBestWaifu

help

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Worst hashtags I've seen in awhile.

Whole thing sounds dumb. I'm going back to the Bees era of SWF

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
so what you're saying is that making antisemitic comments so that you could transition into being one of anita sarkeesian's detractors in the same vein that many of anita sarkeesian's detractors have been was a coincidence, and that you didn't mean to say something blatantly offensive and personally insulting, and as such we should ignore that you've done so without you acknowledging what you've done or apologizing for it
This is basically a strawman argument Bleck. I pretended to be insensitive for the irony. If you are a person of Hebrew descent that has personally experienced discrimination for your faith in a serious way, then sorry that I played with your feelings. I'm not responding again unless you are going to actually talk about the Feminist Frequency videos.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Can I invoke the presence of our oppressors with dat @ now? or do we need a better constructed case. mock trial hyyype

Last edited:

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
How can I be normal, I miss being a dumb kid, I blame it on smash and anime.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Normally i'd say MODS = GODS but in a situation like this I would advise that the punishment be reconsidered or at least not permanent.

Top Bottom