• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Smash 4 only recognizes light press. Doing a hard press does absolutely nothing in that game. It's so horrible. I can't even shield on the ground with a full press. >_>
Wow, normally I'd be super in joy (well I kind of am): but I have yet to test out its implementation or play it at all yet besides the 3ds one at my friends. You mean you can't do the Hold in and LRAStart to get it to be hard press only like you would have in Brawl? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHwExc5A5Y#t=171

Sakurai listened to me! Except just in like Brawl, he didn't give you the option for the other lol UNLESS the hard hold in method works: then all you have to do is just do that.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Woah dang I missed a lot of pages.

think I'm just going to put out demos of song ideas. I'm getting this decent pair of headphones for Christmas, it'll be long before I get a pair of monitors. Oh yeah, idk I told you guys but I started skipping lunch to read up on audio mixing and production. I'm hungry the rest of the day but it's so worth it, tbh.

Also why is Smash Bros. so hard

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Guys,I just realized P:M as a whole takes place in an apocalypse scenario.The way the sky is black in the opening scene....it's like the sky is clouded with ash or dust...

Just kidding,but it's kinda interesting.It IS cool how it shows them in the Tabuu dimension,next to the door before the SSE final boss.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
dam
i do not like smash 4
its like
straight brawlin
and no fancy
fancy being tech
fancy being fun and stylish
even the basic tech... rip dash cancel (oh you can dash canel by master pivots and ****) F U

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Guys,I just realized P:M as a whole takes place in an apocalypse scenario.The way the sky is black in the opening scene....it's like the sky is clouded with ash or dust...

Just kidding,but it's kinda interesting.It IS cool how it shows them in the Tabuu dimension,next to the door before the SSE final boss.
Go on, you mean the BG changed from Brawl to be more like the Tabuu scenes of Brawl?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So wait, does anyone here currently HAVE a Smash 4 Wii U and GC Adapter? To test something.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Have him do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHwExc5A5Y#t=171 and see if it makes it like Brawl (all hard press). As well as testing a mid-way point in the Analog (Hold in only half way or so when resetting).

Also test if you can shield drop instant Aerial with a tether character.
Looks pretty crazy,but I will.
Like Brawl how though?And when do you do the inputs?(Or is that stated in the video?)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Like my prophetic video describes during L+R+Y+X for 3 seconds or while plugging in the controller: hold the shield springs into the controller all the way but not going past the actual click'er noise/button. Then it won't register the light press up until the point you held the analog (which in this case you would try none at all since it's pushed all the way down but not past the clicker) then it would sense the hard press as the analog or whatever, then it'd also pry work to set any analog capacity you want (like just before reaching the hard press, you could set it to that).

You might want him to try it with PM or Melee first to know you're doing it right.
Just hold your shield triggers in past the spring but not past the button click while plugging in your controller.
Then you won't be able to trigger shield until you reach all the way down and trigger the hard press.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys I have a problem

I started How I met your mother last Saturday

I'm on season 5 now

I need help

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad When you were talking about the S-video cable, did you mean like this? The picture is just the box, and the description doesn't explain whether it outputs signal on both the component and S-video at the same time, so I was just making sure that this is what you were talking about.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad When you were talking about the S-video cable, did you mean like this? The picture is just the box, and the description doesn't explain whether it outputs signal on both the component and S-video at the same time, so I was just making sure that this is what you were talking about.
I linked it

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-social-thread-v3-5.339825/page-1281#post-18113419

This: http://www.amazon.com/AV-Composite-Yellow-S-Video-Stereo/dp/B004C4SBS8/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1371873201&sr=1-9&keywords=wii s-video
Don't buy that $10 one

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Do you want me to share one? Do they break alot? Is it a strategic investment for when they decide that compenent cables are the best and make 4-D surround sound?

I'll buy 3 just because you told me to XD
With the $5 Wii S-video+Composite cable, you'll only need two. In case you use your capture card to record something else like your PS2 or N64, you'll then need the three.

And If I'm streaming with friends, I sometimes don't even stream the game audio: I just put a USB Mic/Headset in the middle of the room. But it's best to have both https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ5iZiOYpaE#t=18

Last edited:
Top Bottom