• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
Join the facebook group for your local scene and advertise it there. Alternatively, make flyers to hang around your school and local gaming shops and word will spread.
Sweet. I'm not sure if there is one for my region. San Antonio's PM scene is large, but unorganized. Melee's is large and organized though.

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
We literally had a tournament last saturday.
Yeah, I was there. The TO said, though, after it, that he's hoping someone else will pick it up. He feels a bit tired from running PM and wants to go back to Melee. At least that's what I understood. He told me and Squad that if we want to host one, then we need to do it, or no one else will

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah, I was there. The TO said, though, after it, that he's hoping someone else will pick it up. He feels a bit tired from running PM and wants to go back to Melee. At least that's what I understood. He told me and Squad that if we want to host one, then we need to do it, or no one else will
Chris is just a bum

Plus he was mad because Will was 40 minutes late and had had all the power strips,

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
Chris is just a bum

Plus he was mad because Will was 40 minutes late and had had all the power strips,
Yeah, I've noticed. He's cool though. I told him I might take over PM on Saturdays with Squad.

And Squad just told me PM has a facebook page for San Antonio. I'll probably discuss more with them today and make a post and try to spread the word in game stores, if they're okay with it of course.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
It is freezing in the house and I'm huddling by the stove to keep warm.

Come struggle with me guys
For the last three days a guy has been at my apartment to replace the back door, but the door jamb was so badly built that he's had to take 3 days for what he thought would only take an hour or two, because he literally has had to grind away parts of the door jamb with power tools and nail in new boards to other parts to get the new door to fit. So, basically my back door has been open for the last three days.

I understand your struggle.

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
It is freezing in the house and I'm huddling by the stove to keep warm.

Come struggle with me guys
Go play some Smesh. Your hands will keep warm.

Then you can touch your face or whatever to make the rest of your body warm

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yes, I own one (and also own a Dazzle), it records in 60 fps. I can record an example when I'm at home later this week, I guess.

Yeah, several speedrunners I know of use it, which is why I bought one upon recommendation. It's good for non HD games because it has a good frame rate, is inexpensive and obviously the resolution doesn't matter. It's also small which makes it pretty convenient/portable.
Do you use a Wii S-video+Composite cable? How much did you buy yours for?

Lizalfos

Smash Master

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
PM Bowser beats Melee Fox /s

But seriously, I made an aggressive Melee Fox player so salty today. Bowser just overwhelmed him with his armor. Hell, I four-stocked the poor guy and he called salt

Swampy948

Smash Cadet

But seriously, I made an aggressive Melee Fox player so salty today. Bowser just overwhelmed him with his armor. Hell, I four-stocked the poor guy and he called salt
Bowser's armor is ridiculous. It sucks for Fox players. That's why I never go Fox vs Bowser. Always go Marth

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
He never got to waveshine me like he said he would lol

But that begs the question... Can Bowser react to being waveshined consecutively? Or is he stuck until he goes offstage?

Lizalfos

Smash Master

God's work.
I think I see where you are coming from on spacies. They definitely aren't perfectly designed, but they are just iconic in their combos and moveset, it is important that they feel like Melee to most people.

Now if only Yoshi had grab armor on perry, and Maio had Melee jump punch walljump.

Swampy948

Smash Cadet

But that begs the question... Can Bowser react to being waveshined consecutively? Or is he stuck until he goes offstage?
People have like a second to move after each shine in a waveshine. I'm sure Bowser just needs to crouch down to get the armor and he's saved

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'm a melee falco main and wouldn't mind a complete falco redesign in PM. I already don't like playing him over Wolf and ez mode Fox, so I'd be interested in the PMDT's take of the character.

coughcoughgiveSHDLcough

also for the love of god give back silent lasering. It's legit what forced me to take smash seriously back when I was a Brawl casual.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I also got a compliment from one of the better players. This guy, a Kirby(64) main, is someone who beats me nearly daily, yet he was nice enough to compliment me indirectly. He warned that Fox player beforehand about how I was improving!

I even won the second match against that Fox player, followed by the Kirby main, then ended up losing to a player that, while good, was a bit fond of playing a legitimate Fsmarth. Overall, today was a good day :)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't see why you need to get a S-video cable when there are 3 AV inputs.
The $5 Wii S-video cable has S-video and the 3 AV, You can plug the S-video into the TV and play in high quality while you record the Composite; or vice versa. It sends a full signal to both somehow.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
16 Year Old Cat vs 1 year old Dog MU.
Really in the Cat's favor, but the Dog does manage to **** everything up in the process.
Seriously, this is a mess. I feel like my Dog's ADHD is going to cause the old guy a heart attack.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The $5 Wii S-video cable has S-video and the 3 AV, You can plug the S-video into the TV and play in high quality while you record the Composite; or vice versa. It sends a full signal to both somehow.
Oooh, thanks SpiderMad. Learning about this stuff is kinda exciting, can't wait to spend my saved birthday and Christmas manies on this.

P.S. And while I show my lack of knowledge, I might as well ask out of curiosity. OBS is only for streaming, right?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Oooh, thanks SpiderMad. Learning about this stuff is kinda exciting, can't wait to spend my saved birthday and Christmas manies on this.
http://smashboards.com/posts/15650142/

This http://www.amazon.com/AV-Composite-Yellow-S-Video-Stereo/dp/B004C4SBS8/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1371873201&sr=1-9&keywords=wii s-video

There's many things the Smash community is lacking/ignorant on, one of them is owning this cable and a good CRT that accepts S-video or otherwise Component (which is even better). http://www.amazon.com/Component-AV-Cable-Nintendo-Wii-HDTV/dp/B000OFSBL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417645074&sr=8-1&keywords=wii to component cable

All these streamers have to do is own that S-video cable, and now you got better quality with only need 2 splitters for the audio.
This was an S-video stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVeMluR8feQ

With all this said though, it's seriously a lot easier to just record the TV with a decent camcorder/phone. Until PC-less capture cards become cheaper. My main dilemma though is my current capture card has a few annoying issues with sound and stuff.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Our weekly yesterday was pretty good (thanks to @ Soft Serve Soft Serve for posting it here when I couldn't, I'll give azprojectmelee a shoutout sometime <3), we've got a new venue and so we get to have a prize pool (which means our better players will likely be around more frequently, @ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames you should be seeing Ally's 3.5 Ike soon :p) and no time limit so we don't have to rush anything and can get every match on stream that we want wooooo

Oh god there's now going to be so much more footage that I have to go through every week ;-;

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Our weekly yesterday was pretty good (thanks to @ Soft Serve Soft Serve for posting it here when I couldn't, I'll give azprojectmelee a shoutout sometime <3), we've got a new venue and so we get to have a prize pool (which means our better players will likely be around more frequently, @ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames you should be seeing Ally's 3.5 Ike soon :p) and no time limit so we don't have to rush anything and can get every match on stream that we want wooooo

Oh god there's now going to be so much more footage that I have to go through every week ;-;
My hope is that I bother you streamers so much you eventually tag me whenever you post vids <3

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961

I'm pretty sure Bowser gets infinite waveshined even in PM. I haven't had anybody do it to me, but the CPU has.

Top Bottom