• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
ok so i'm literally about to donwload pm right now, so since i'm pretty much going to be playing alone online, i'm supposed to download the wifisafe version right?

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
alright, well wifisafe file it is. confusing because i don't see why anyone would ever get PM without the ability to play ppl online.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
They are both still really solid
Mario can't shoot 700 fireballs in a match anymore, only like 500 or so. 7 more frames of fireball recovery, doesn't change too much. He can't wall jump for free if you try to ledge hog him now, thankfully. still good
I think I chuckled audibly when I read the change to Mario's damage on fireball.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Dammit you ruined it Shairn by answering. Overposting the same question should be a warnable offense.

The full build is the real build that you use in tournaments with all gameplay features enabled like C-Stick buffering, the ability to stage strike and set your stocks.

INB4 another light press air dodge rant.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Dammit you ruined it Shairn by answering. Overposting the same question should be a warnable offense.

The full build is the real build that you use in tournaments with all gameplay features enabled like C-Stick buffering, the ability to stage strike and set your stocks.

INB4 another light press air dodge rant.
I SAW THAT SHARIM

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
dude wtf if i don't get wifi safe I can't play with ppl online right? Isn't it simple as that?
Literally no one plays online. It's laggy and it doesn't play 100% like the full set. Online compatible mode is mostly used to record relays. If you want to play online, you should get the netplay build and play on dolphin.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Literally no one plays online. It's laggy and it doesn't play 100% like the full set. Online compatible mode is mostly used to record relays. If you want to play online, you should get the netplay build and play on dolphin.
You asked why anybody would use anything else, I just told you why.
*facepalm* oh my jesus

*cancels download 396/462 mb*

alright so obviously I have to get more invovled in my city's PM community to make this worth the trouble, and I can. But what about honing my skills on my own? Are the bots decent enough for that, practicing my cancels and techs n ****?

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The Fox cpu is legit af at laser camping

But no, basically learn how to wavedash and then start going to tournaments. There's no point in labbing unless you already know how to play your character. And you don't even need to fight something to practice l cancelling

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
*facepalm* oh my jesus

*cancels download 396/462 mb*

alright so obviously I have to get more invovled in my city's PM community to make this worth the trouble, and I can. But what about honing my skills on my own? Are the bots decent enough for that, practicing my cancels and techs n ****?
Dont mess around with bots, just practice movement and getting that **** down, and grind out vs actual people to learn spacing and all that stuff
it aint easy, melee/pm has imo one of the steepest learning curves of any fighting game

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Dont mess around with bots, just practice movement and getting that **** down, and grind out vs actual people to learn spacing and all that stuff
it aint easy, melee/pm has imo one of the steepest learning curves of any fighting game
Right, I get that. That's why I wants it.

The Fox cpu is legit af at laser camping

But no, basically learn how to wavedash and then start going to tournaments. There's no point in labbing unless you already know how to play your character. And you don't even need to fight something to practice l cancelling
I'm maining dorf. Even in the clutchest tourneys back in the day i never got the impression wding was a must with him to do alright even against a tiers. whatsayyou though

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
You know Warsaint, you can just message me whenever and we can play. :p

I've been trying to get you out in that community for 2 weeks.
i know bro i concede, it's becoming clear how I'm gonna have to start rockin out with you guys irl.

hoboz has been offerin me rides and **** and i've been wishy washy about it. :/ Honestly it's just been a weird 2 weeks.

Well i'm getting the game tonight I guess the journey begins now.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Right, I get that. That's why I wants it.
Don't bother wasting your time on l cancelling, wavedashing, and other techs. I wasted most of my time practicing those things when I was starting out. But there are way more important things you should be thinking about.

I knew a brawl player who won an entire pm tournament without knowing how to l cancel, wavedash, or do any of those other techniques. But he had stellar spacing and positioning as well as adaptation skills, my point is when you start out there are a lot of useful things you should focus on rather then tech skill.

Wish i would have known that when I started out, but instead I wasted my time on techskill that barely made me any better

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
i know bro i concede, it's becoming clear how I'm gonna have to start rockin out with you guys irl.

hoboz has been offerin me rides and **** and i've been wishy washy about it. :/ Honestly it's just been a weird 2 weeks.

Well i'm getting the game tonight I guess the journey begins now.
Yo man, it's fine. I'll even come over and do some overnight Smash if you want. Will need that address (not here though)

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 Don't actually practice L-canceling w/o hitting something, you won't know the right timing unless you actually hit another character or the wall on shadow moses. I had to break the habit because I practiced the timing hitting nothing.

But definately L-cancel, you will get punished hard if you don't.
I knew a brawl player who won an entire pm tournament without knowing how to l cancelr
What character did he use? He would have to be like Jiggz or somthing to not have to L-cancel without hard punishes.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
@ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 Don't actually practice L-canceling w/o hitting something, you won't know the right timing unless you actually hit another character or the wall on shadow moses. I had to break the habit because I practiced the timing hitting nothing.

But definately L-cancel, you will get punished hard if you don't.

What character did he use? He would have to be like Jiggz or somthing to not have to L-cancel without hard punishes.
Interesting, ok. Back in college I prided myself on how good i was at lcancelling dorf, it was forreal a high %. I hope it translates well to PM. To this day though wding is an absurd prospect still.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
@ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 What character did he use? He would have to be like Jiggz or somthing to not have to L-cancel without hard punishes.
He went mk. But keep in mind he is a brawl player, so he rarely ever over extended himself to where he would get punished for not L canceling. Remember, there was no L-Canceling in brawl.

Besides Mk has godlike tilts, and his end lag isn't that bad.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
He went mk. But keep in mind he is a brawl player, so he rarely ever over extended himself to where he would get punished for not L canceling. Remember, there was no L-Canceling in brawl.

Besides Mk has godlike tilts, and his end lag isn't that bad.
LOL you went on a spiel about tech skill being unnecessary and turns out you're taling about an MK user? Even I get that's whack and I'm a nub.

Top Bottom