• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
You see that zero-shine Wolf just now who decided to play Falco and pillar Sheik a bit?

Edit: And who should I look for?

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
unpopular opinion incoming
guys don't even have to be good looking to get girls
This is true. But if you just act like you don't care about women at all, you're not going to get anywhere unless you're that good-looking.

"Devil may care" =/= "I don't care about anything"

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I would say you have to make it seem like you care at first, and then once you have the attention of the other person is when you put up the front of not caring. Or not actually caring.

You're a **** either way

EDIT: M2K posted in our FB group

Squeeeeee~

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is true. But if you just act like you don't care about women at all, you're not going to get anywhere unless you're that good-looking.

Pretty much this.

Jerk with a heart of gold > Complete ireedemable jerkass

Usually.

Well, unless you're in an anime. Then the jerkass is almost guaranteed to get the girl even if he's the villain/antagonist. ¦D

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Smash 4 boards are only kinda meh when people complain.

Otherwise they are fun.
Yeah some parts are actually good.

Namely, the competitive character impressions thread might be the most interesting thread on smashboards right now.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Tried Sonic Colors at my dad's place a while back when my younger half-brother got it, it's mediocre at best gameplay-wise and it's non-stop corny jokes made me want to bash my head on some concrete, overall terrible experience

Sonic Generations was ok, I always give the newer games a shot just in case a good Sonic game ever comes out again, but my hopes have dwindled to nothing by now -_-
The writing of Sonic games seems to be really bad with painful jokes and massively obnoxious characters put in game that they seem to think we're going to love. (I.E: Chip from Sonic Unleashed). Sonic Colors isn't a good game, it's only given a pass because it's actually slightly playable compared to the mostly trash that had been delivered to us when it came out.

Even Sonic Generations isn't really a good game. It's just a semi-trip down memory lane with remade stages that aren't super reminiscent of old games. Modern Sonic gets too many 2D segments when he should be fully 3D in most stages. What's the point of differentiating the two Sonics when half of Modern Sonic's gameplay is almost the same as Classic's?

Pretty sure boom is crap
Do not touch
You're better off watching the show
The show is crap too. Sega dropped the ball again.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer

After looking up what devil may care means, I agree.
I'd still like think im sexy as fug tho

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
You have the absolute most trash opinions ever.
It's not really a good game. When all you get for years is garbage, a game that's somewhat decent is seen as a godsend. It doesn't make the game better just because everything in comparison is trash. There are moments in Sonic Generations that are well done, but it's nostalgia that sells the game overall.

The final boss being terrible doesn't help things.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's not really a good game. When all you get for years is garbage, a game that's somewhat decent is seen as a godsend. It doesn't make the game better just because everything in comparison is trash. There are moments in Sonic Generations that are well done, but it's nostalgia that sells the game overall.

The final boss being terrible doesn't help things.
Yeah, no. Literally the only thing I agree with is that the final boss was terrible. The 3DS version's was infinitely better.

But overall? it was an incredibly fun experience with interesting takes on almost all of the stages thrown in there save for Modern Rooftop Run and the entirety of Planet Wisp, but that's a personal opinion. I thought Unleashed was okay and Colors gets a little more praise than it should even though it is a good game, but Generations hits that perfect spot in the middle with Modern Sonic and them adds Classic as icing on the cake. I don't even like Classic all that much, but really did enjoy his stages in it and never found any issues with him in either version of the game.

Plus, the PC version has amazing character and stage mods and still gets them to this day, so I have literally no reason to stop playing it.

In my eyes, there are only 5 bad Sonic games in the mainline, and those are Shadow's game, 06, Secret Rings and both versions of Lost World. And Secret Rings was only bad because of the stupid motion controls for the Wiimote. Controlling Sonic normally would've fixed as, as Black Knight showed. Easily one of the most fun games for me.

Though even then, Secret Rings is the only one of those games I wouldn't play over Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. I didn't touch Lost World because I just plain didn't like what it had to offer, but Boom U has convinced me to give Lost Cause a fair chance now. Whenever I get a Wii U, anyway.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Personally i prefer stream tourneys if possible because in youtube videos you can tell who is going to win before the set is over based on the time left on the vid. Whereas on stream you have no clue and its more engaging that way

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
so who else is experiencing this lake effect? my school just got closed and I'm ****ing pumped

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The writing of Sonic games seems to be really bad with painful jokes and massively obnoxious characters put in game that they seem to think we're going to love. (I.E: Chip from Sonic Unleashed). Sonic Colors isn't a good game, it's only given a pass because it's actually slightly playable compared to the mostly trash that had been delivered to us when it came out.

Even Sonic Generations isn't really a good game. It's just a semi-trip down memory lane with remade stages that aren't super reminiscent of old games. Modern Sonic gets too many 2D segments when he should be fully 3D in most stages. What's the point of differentiating the two Sonics when half of Modern Sonic's gameplay is almost the same as Classic's?

The show is crap too. Sega dropped the ball again.
The show is actually funny at times.

The game is really terrible with glitches but unlike 06 there is a lot more that makes it redeemable in some forms.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
:urg:
Imma try to watch at least one EP
I'm still a sonic lover... It's a rough world.

Vashimus

Smash Master
After looking up what devil may care means, I agree.
I'd still like think im sexy as fug tho
No judgment here. I just don't like hearing dating advice like "act like you don't care" when there's more to it than that.

If a guy knows he's sexy as fug, he knows ladies want him.

So he knows if he messes up with one girl, sure it sucks.... but at the same time, another girl will come along and it will probably work out with them instead. And if not, the next girl. And no again, then the next girl after that. He doesn't get too worked up over failure. It's not that he doesn't care - he's still flirting and being charming with these ladies - he's just looking at the bigger picture, and it comes across in his personality. Girls love this attitude.

Someone just sent me a picture of their junk.

Please. Kill me.
My bad

Was meant for @Strong Bad

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah, no. Literally the only thing I agree with is that the final boss was terrible. The 3DS version's was infinitely better.

But overall? it was an incredibly fun experience with interesting takes on almost all of the stages thrown in there save for Modern Rooftop Run and the entirety of Planet Wisp, but that's a personal opinion. I thought Unleashed was okay and Colors gets a little more praise than it should even though it is a good game, but Generations hits that perfect spot in the middle with Modern Sonic and them adds Classic as icing on the cake. I don't even like Classic all that much, but really did enjoy his stages in it and never found any issues with him in either version of the game.

Plus, the PC version has amazing character and stage mods and still gets them to this day, so I have literally no reason to stop playing it.

In my eyes, there are only 5 bad Sonic games in the mainline, and those are Shadow's game, 06, Secret Rings and both versions of Lost World. And Secret Rings was only bad because of the stupid motion controls for the Wiimote. Controlling Sonic normally would've fixed as, as Black Knight showed. Easily one of the most fun games for me.

Though even then, Secret Rings is the only one of those games I wouldn't play over Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. I didn't touch Lost World because I just plain didn't like what it had to offer, but Boom U has convinced me to give Lost Cause a fair chance now. Whenever I get a Wii U, anyway.
I just want to put this out there so you don't get the wrong idea. I didn't say that Sonic Generations was a bad game. It's just not really a great game on it's own. It primarily gets attention because of nostalgia, even though a good deal of the game doesn't really use the nostalgia as anything more than just a backdrop. Some of the stages aren't even that reminiscent of the stage that they're supposed to be. For instance, Crisis City is more like a generic fiery zone instead of the Crisis City of Sonic 06.

Modern Sonic was too much a mix of 2D/3D, even in games where there never was a 2D segment. Having him take part in 2D portions takes a bit of unique gameplay away from Classic Sonic who just feels like an inferior character in comparison now. It makes sense for the Unleashed and Colors stages, but for everything else, not so much. That's made worse in the 3DS version, where Modern Sonic plays like his Sonic Rush counterpart and the game is completely 2D...

PC version does have amazing mods, but mods don't necessarily make up for flaws in the original game. (Though playing through as Sonic the Real Hedgehog is hilarious.) Never my intention to tell you not to love or play the game. I enjoyed it myself. It is possible for us to love things that aren't exactly great though.

Sonic Generations relies purely on nostalgia to sell the game, just like Sonic 4 Episode 1 did. Though I will say that it's a much better game than that massive disappointment.

The show is actually funny at times.

The game is really terrible with glitches but unlike 06 there is a lot more that makes it redeemable in some forms.
Since the start of the show, It's felt like the writers are talking down to the audience. I don't find Sticks to be very likeable either, as we're expected to play the games to figure out what her deal is.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
It was a friend.

Why would you ever want to see your friend's ****
Whether or not you want to isn't the question
A true friend would be like yeah man looking good (Add no homo depending on your orientation)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It was a friend.

Why would you ever want to see your friend's ****
So you know how much of your foot you should use if you ever need to stomp him in the nuts.

I just want to put this out there so you don't get the wrong idea. I didn't say that Sonic Generations was a bad game. It's just not really a great game on it's own. It primarily gets attention because of nostalgia, even though a good deal of the game doesn't really use the nostalgia as anything more than just a backdrop. Some of the stages aren't even that reminiscent of the stage that they're supposed to be. For instance, Crisis City is more like a generic fiery zone instead of the Crisis City of Sonic 06.

Modern Sonic was too much a mix of 2D/3D, even in games where there never was a 2D segment. Having him take part in 2D portions takes a bit of unique gameplay away from Classic Sonic who just feels like an inferior character in comparison now. It makes sense for the Unleashed and Colors stages, but for everything else, not so much. That's made worse in the 3DS version, where Modern Sonic plays like his Sonic Rush counterpart and the game is completely 2D...

PC version does have amazing mods, but mods don't necessarily make up for flaws in the original game. (Though playing through as Sonic the Real Hedgehog is hilarious.) Never my intention to tell you not to love or play the game. I enjoyed it myself. It is possible for us to love things that aren't exactly great though.

Sonic Generations relies purely on nostalgia to sell the game, just like Sonic 4 Episode 1 did. Though I will say that it's a much better game than that massive disappointment.
Eh, I can agree that I would've preferred full 3D with Modern, but it's nothing I'll lose sleep over. The stages had the right looks and feels of the places they were based off of in my eyes, so I won't lost sleep over that either. I loved Sonic Rush, so I like 3DS Modern. Plus, 3DS Classic feels like he's straight our of S3&K, so I have no issues with him there. Plus, for me, the mods DO make up for any faults of the original because they often tweak them and fix them up. Hell, the Unleashed Project basically gives me Unleashed "as I truly imagined it". I'm willing to forgive a lot if something is done to make up for it by absolutely anyone, even myself. That's why I love Project M.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, but I do get where you're coming from, honestly.

Also...Can we just NOT talk about Sonic 4? Seriously, **** those games. Advance 1 was a better Sonic 4.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
@ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds Do you know how true the Bowser sideB fthrow CG is on Fox? I've been racking on 70% guaranteed it seems on the Fox CPU and it doesn't seem right.

EDIT: Just checked on debug and Fox is in hitstun the whole time. I wonder if it can be DI'd out of.
Fox can DI out of it, yeah. The CPU's DI sucks. I think you get a tech chase regardless though.

It would seem almost OP if Fox didn't have much more accessible 0-deaths on Bowser. If you get a Klaw, he's doing something very, very wrong.

Of course, a Melee fox that doesn't know how to play against bowser will get CG'd, lmao.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Fox can DI out of it, yeah. The CPU's DI sucks. I think you get a tech chase regardless though.

It would seem almost OP if Fox didn't have much more accessible 0-deaths on Bowser. If you get a Klaw, he's doing something very, very wrong.

Of course, a Melee fox that doesn't know how to play against bowser will get CG'd, lmao.
Seems like you could get a b-reverse klaw even if he DIs at high enough percents.
Thanks for the info.Getting a klaw off a tech chase/edgeguard isn't too difficult, also CC klaw works well considering the grounded klaw has plentiful armor.

Top Bottom