• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Burnsy

Smash Lord

7.) No chain-grabbing or infinites/pseudo-infinites of any kind. Grab them once and move on.

14.) No character switching. You use one and only one character. When you become a member, you must choose which character you will always use in every match. If you want to change this character later on, you must ask permission and a vote will be held (super majority wins).
holy crap, lmfao. I thought #8 was strange, but #13 really takes the cake for its WTF factor.

Basically what they're saying with that rule is that Smash Ball obtainment and use are not nearly random and unskillful enough, so they need to stop the entire pace of the match for an IRL random number generator.

Lmao

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
All you would need to do is become an RPS champion and choose a character with a broken final smash.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
There's probably a hidden rule that says you can't win too much.

Also yeah Juu (10) is short for Juushichi (17)... somehow.

Meh.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Where do I begin...

"Weed out undesirables" Well that doesn't seem very welcoming. We know where this is going.

1. "Punctual attendance is expected." Seriously? This is a video game club, not a job. I'm come whenever I feel like.

2. "You must go through trial meetings and get evaluated before becoming a full member." May I ask why? As long as you play Smash and you're not a douche, you're OK in my book. Once again, this isn't a job.

3. Basically, don't be a ****, which I understand, with some no smoking and no johns rules thrown in. As for the well-groomed part....as long as you showered, you can dress however the heck you want.

4. "We all take turns when playing." No ****, but you should really step your game up and bring more setups.

5. "Gamecube controller and Classic Controllers ONLY. No Wiimotes." ....Whaaaaaaaat? What exactly do you hope to accomplish with this rule besides pushing players away?

6. "The following characters are banned: Meta Knight, King Dedede and the Ice Climbers." STEP YOUR GAMES UP. And ****ing Dedede? Really?

7. "No chain-grabbing and pseudo infinites of any kind. Grab them once and move on." OK, I know chain-grabs and grab release shenanigans are pretty crazy in Brawl, but taking away something that is what makes some characters good in the first place (like Dedede or the Icies) is just stupid. OH WAIT, you banned them like *******. Whatever, moving on.

8. "No spiking. We had to ban Marth and Donkey Kong--" Stop right there. You had to BAN Donkey Kong. DONKEY MOTHER****ING KONG. Because you couldn't deal with his dair, which isn't even a ****ing spike. Just meteor cancel that ****. Marth's spike is one of the defining traits of the character. Don't tell me I can't use it.

9. "No edge hogging" This is just ****ing stupid. If the whole point of Smash is to knock the opponent of the stage and prevent them from making it back, why the **** am I just gonna let my opponent get back on-stage for free? To be nice?

10. "No taunting. It makes others feel bad." Stop being a *****. Taunts are fun, and unless people are being deliberately obnoxious about it to upset you, the occasional taunt after pulling it a flashy kill for instance is perfectly acceptable.

11. "The following items are banned: Cracker Launcher, Fans, Dragoon Parts, Pokeballs, Laser Pistols" Wait, what in the ****? You're telling me you're playing with items on this whole time, and yet still make a **** ton of these stupid rules to try and make it competitive and fair? And it's funny Assist Trophies aren't even on that list even though they're pretty much the same thing as Pokeballs. And no Smash Ball on the list either? Christ.

12. Banned stages, OK, perfectly fine here, everyone has their own stagelist.

13. "When a Smash Ball appears, the game is paused, and the players play Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide who gets the Smash Ball." This is too ****ing rich.

14. "No character switching." **** you.

15. "No gimping." See #9.

"Hope all that official talk didn't scare ya." Nah, it makes me wanna strangle ya for giving competitive Smash a bad name.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
lmao at rule #1

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE TO MISS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, YOU SHALL HEREBY BE BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE SESSIONS

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We should tattle tell on them to the Dean! Cmon Vash let's go get them in trouble nyah~

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Has anyone confirmed how projectiles work in Turbo Mode? Do they not allow you to cancel your attack animation, or can you cancel if/when the projectile hits something, etc?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

7.) No chain-grabbing or infinites/pseudo-infinites of any kind. Grab them once and move on.

14.) No character switching. You use one and only one character. When you become a member, you must choose which character you will always use in every match. If you want to change this character later on, you must ask permission and a vote will be held (super majority wins).
Maybe this is actually a very deep satire and that they actually want to play Melee.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Has anyone confirmed how projectiles work in Turbo Mode? Do they not allow you to cancel your attack animation, or can you cancel if/when the projectile hits something, etc?
Yeah, I've been told that projectiles don't allow OHC.
Not sure if you can OHC into a projectile, though.

Fortress

Smash Master
So, to make time pass by while Im eagerly waiting for the next turbo vid...
Have any of you done that personality test? That mbti something test that gives you a result of 4 letters describing your personality. I was shocked to see that the results described me perfectly; im not going to say what mine is because I dont want to, but I can only say that im an introvert. Anyone want to share anything?
Eyup, I'm an INFP. First did that test in Psych. back in high school, and did it a few times every year over the past few years to see if results change as my life does. Occasionally I'll get INFJ or something, but it's usually INFP.

I want to guess that you are... an INTJ?

Fortress

Smash Master
IGN gave it 8.0/10, with the subheading being Old Dog, New Tricks

Destructoid gave it 5/10 with the following comment:
"Contrary to the old saying, you can teach an old dog new tricks. Black Ops II demonstrated that with style. Ghosts, however, is a dog that simply doesn't want to change. It knows what it is, and sticks with it.
Where were these guys for CoD's 2, 3, WaW, Modern Borefare, MW2/3, and Blops? CoD plays it about as safe as any Nintendo franchise I've ever seen.

****. Didn't mean to double-post. Could've sworn my updates said "Update in this thread" while I was typing this out.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Nintendo's a strong believer of the mantra "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and it sometimes holds them back. At least when it comes to their games, because they have no problem reinventing the wheel with their consoles.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If we're talking about NSMB here, then yeah **** I'd wish they would do so much more (SM3DW looks super legit though). I don't get that accusation for Zelda though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Difference of expectations. New nintendo game comes out, you expect something you like made hopefully a little better. New CoD comes out, people want their ****ing heads to explode with new graphics weapons maps forcible **** no scope anus burners etc

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
So, to make time pass by while Im eagerly waiting for the next turbo vid...
Have any of you done that personality test? That mbti something test that gives you a result of 4 letters describing your personality. I was shocked to see that the results described me perfectly; im not going to say what mine is because I dont want to, but I can only say that im an introvert. Anyone want to share anything?
INTP here. That classification fits me pretty well. Though, I did get about a 50/50 on E vs. I, I lean more to the introverted side of things.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I love almost all Zelda games, but I actually don't know what to think of this new one. Probably not a day 1 buy for me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The intj/emptftat/personality test stuff is kinda BS

Should be a chart with 4 vectors: Alpha, Beta, Omega, and Kappa

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
ALBW looks to provide a new take on gameplay progression which is something I'm looking forward to greatly, but I can see why reusing the overworld with some amount of changes would be off-putting.

Now if you've been following Aonuma's comments on the next console Zelda, that one sounds like it'll be fantastic. Finally, no obnoxious levels of narrative presence crippling the amount of exploration we get; or at least I hope that ends up being the case. I'm excited for it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They should hire me to narrate a Zelda game. Or any game.

Fortress

Smash Master
I don't get that accusation for Zelda though.
As somebody who grew up loving the LoZ franchise, NES LoZ being the first game I'd ever played at age three, LBTW is Link to the Past. With a Paper Mario mechanic thrown in.

Really. It's, like, the same game. With different dungeon progression.

The intj/emptftat/personality test stuff is kinda BS

Should be a chart with 4 vectors: Alpha, Beta, Omega, and Kappa
Just beta and fedoras.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sure thing, Shine Shine Usmash Shine Shine Dair Nair Side B Upb DJ Uair Uair

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Turbo is gonna be hype and cause much discussion. woop woop.

Also Project Bidoof is a sham compared to PMBR and the Alakadoof.

Also also INTP, iirc.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Fun fact: The Room's interpretation was ripped from Rebel Without A Cause.
I have The Disaster Artist. It's a brilliant book.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Fun fact: The Room's interpretation was ripped from Rebel Without A Cause.
I have The Disaster Artist. It's a brilliant book.
really need to watch that movie @ some point.

SHADIIIIIIIIIC stop taunting us it's against the rules :(

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Maybe this is actually a very deep satire and that they actually want to play Melee.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that entire e-mail's a joke, haha. Maybe that's just what I'm telling myself because I can't be in a world where that's real. : >

Top Bottom