• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, the real question was who in the PMDT thought shrinking Marth's Dash Grab was an actual nerf to his gameplay

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Not really, because JCing grabs is like super easy, you literally just have to press up with tap jump on
exactly

Idk lol, what it changed to match melee? I know that his dash grab can grab crouching jiggs/kirby/gnw in melee.
I just assume the answer is normally melee

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
exactly

Idk lol, what it changed to match melee? I know that his dash grab can grab crouching jiggs/kirby/gnw in melee.
I just assume the answer is normally melee
Man I hate melee so much because of stuff like this :/

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
it wasn't anything like that. the grab range on roy and marth dash grab grabbed like an entire marth/roy in front of them lol. it was excessively disjointed
You say that like Marth's grab isin't already ridiculously disjointed for the length of his arms

JOE!

Smash Hero
Random question, but is there a ranking/chart that exists anywhere that sorts out all the PM stages from "Biggest" to "smallest"?

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I heard that they're working on adding Tails and Knuckles. That true?

Bleck

Smash Master
peeps be literally grabbing me out of invincibility frames in rolls in smash 4 like they've been given special powers for the express purpose of making me mad

long story short I just threw my 3DS at a wall and I think I'm done with smash 4 for a while

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
peeps be literally grabbing me out of invincibility frames in rolls in smash 4 like they've been given special powers for the express purpose of making me mad

long story short I just threw my 3DS at a wall and I think I'm done with smash 4 for a while
To keep myself from going crazy over smash 4 for glory, I let my 3ds die and told my roomate to hide my charger. Smash 4 online is way too frustrating.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
**** For Glory, wait for U for an actual assessment that isn't marred by hand-crampingly bad controls and low native resolution (and wifi lag, ****'s whack).

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I actually managed to play on FG wwith the same guy for like two hours once, and not an ounce of lag.

It was...

Glorious.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't get what's wrong with the controls. 3DS is fine, not optimal, but the game isn't Melee or P:M or even 64.

But! For Glory also angers me to no end in spite of everything. I've had very little lag issues, I don't mind the controls, I feel fine controlling Shiek- but. . . ewwwgghh >.> The game reminds me why I quit Brawl the year after I rejoined Smash competitively. The pacing of matches are so painful.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The circle pad feels completely unnatural. Analog stick notches go a very, very long ways towards making left/right and up/down movement intuitive, the lack of which is one of my major gripes with the Pro controller (and the right stick's position, what were they thinking?).

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
The better I get with Sheik in PM, the more I feel she might just be better than Melee Sheik in practice, though in theory she isn't. It's all about the grab mixups to regrabs and crazy tech chase followups. Plus she can CG spacies with bthrow, which is really cool.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
smash 4 patch is stupid, I didnt even get the chance to try ganon's dacus

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The better I get with Sheik in PM, the more I feel she might just be better than Melee Sheik in practice, though in theory she isn't. It's all about the grab mixups to regrabs and crazy tech chase followups. Plus she can CG spacies with bthrow, which is really cool.
Theory means so little in the world of smash

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Did they seriously remove DACUS from Smash 4? My one reason to play the game is gone, gg.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Damn Greninja got screwed in 1.0.4 more than Dante in Playstation All Stars' "Ultimate Balance" Update.
Yet Villager's recovery is still pants on head stupid.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Damn Greninja got screwed in 1.0.4 more than Dante in Playstation All Stars' "Ultimate Balance" Update.
Yet Villager's recovery is still pants on head stupid.
If you're that upset about greninja, then you should've thought twice before updating! :p

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The only thing keeping my interest going for smash 4 is 4vs4 teams.

I really want to try to time people out, with some junk like 4 villagers, have two of them set up trees while they all take turns pocketing forward smashes, then just get one kill with that and just tree camp on one side of the stage

I also want to try 1 pika 3 GnW and just thunder bucket to victory

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I had a post I was going to maybe make (or did?) or something a while ago, about Smash 4/Sakurai removing techniques created by bugs or whatever you wanna call'em.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sometimes I feel like the smash 4 devs don't want you to have fun your way; just their way.

Also I would not take For Glory too seriously; playing only on FD style stages is gonna build bad habits and give you a rough time on a stage with platforms. Like, the FG players are definitely gonna get blitzed in a proper tournament.

For Fun would be the better room if not for the fact that most FF players are significantly more prone to hard lag.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
****K they took out jiggs instant rollout sheild break
and everything else that was cool.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Why are we discussing over smash 4, let's stick to that game that we never talk about with all the unneeded ganon buffs

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I've been monitoring the social thread for 4 hours.

I need to find something else to do.
This is the only thread I ever lurk on here. Which sucks honestly. Once I get PM I'll mess with the character threads prob.

I initially hung out in the new PM char. thread but god was it hot in that kitchen.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This is the only thread I ever lurk on here. Which sucks honestly. Once I get PM I'll mess with the character threads prob.

I initially hung out in the new PM char. thread but god was it hot in that kitchen.
Character threads can get as bad as pie in the sky wish list thread these days.

When you upset the character boards in equal amounts, you've probably done good.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I basically logically asserted to them how stupid the masses were for their top choices of characters (and I stand by it despite your opinions on them as well).

So I made some enemies yeah.

I just got beat by a megaman due to terrible lag and I'm so salty. The worst of it all is I fear this guy won because it was smooth as molasses on his side and it just looked like I sucked, or is he actually just that well adapted at button inputs taking a full second long to react at this point in For Glory?

Top Bottom