• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Roster Reveal - Mewtwo!

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Two questions. Is Mewtwo still going to be as light as he was in Melee? And does doing a rising aerial still increase the distance of his double jump?

And a third: What happens when Mewtwo does confusion in mid-air? Does he freeze in place? Does it have drag through the platform properties? Does it land cancel?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Why did it take soo long to make the thread for the vid? Not trying to sound rude or anything but thought it would of been done a few minutes after the vid.

Most of the people who would do so were either at work, school or Big House 3. I personally did the character page, blog post and other stuff from my phone while at work.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Two questions. Is Mewtwo still going to be as light as he was in Melee? And does doing a rising aerial still increase the distance of his double jump?

And a third: What happens when Mewtwo does confusion in mid-air? Does he freeze in place? Does it have drag through the platform properties? Does it land cancel?
There has been a weight adjustment as mentioned on his character page. Yes, he does get increased distance from performing an attack at the peak of his double jump. Mewtwo can drag people through platforms with Confusion. And no, it doesn't land cancel.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
When the missing brawl characters are added that will easily be enough for me to get it

Now if mewtwo is in smash 4 which is almost 100% il be smiling more than any smily face in excistance

And one more question what are his 2 other taunts in the game i think every character got 3 taunts like in the orginal brawl

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Most of the people who would do so were either at work, school or Big House 3. I personally did the character page, blog post and other stuff from my phone while at work.
Hard mode, activate. I appreciate the time you took to do that on a phone.

dvatch

Smash Cadet
Is Mewtwo gonna be in this?
The Project M Back Room has taken the stance that no Melee characters will return unless they can be seamlessly added without replacing any character as well as have their own Character Select icon. Not much progress has been made on that front, but rest assured that we’re probably more eager to add Mewtwo than you are to play him in a new game.
Yes.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Anything changed with Disable?

In the vid it was able to KO Pikachu mid-air (or at least gimp), and still was able to stun Lucas. However, do you still need to face the foe / be at eye level and other such stuff for it to work?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think on top of having Charizard, and all the pokemon seperate, they should also have Pokèmon trainer will all three. So if someone wanted to just play as charizard they could, but if they wanted to transform, they could play as pokemon trainer. Same with samus

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think on top of having Charizard, and all the pokemon seperate, they should also have Pokèmon trainer will all three. So if someone wanted to just play as charizard they could, but if they wanted to transform, they could play as pokemon trainer. Same with samus
That would be unnecessary and possibly unbalanced.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Anything changed with Disable?

In the vid it was able to KO Pikachu mid-air (or at least gimp), and still was able to stun Lucas. However, do you still need to face the foe / be at eye level and other such stuff for it to work?

You no longer need to have your opponent face you for it to hit. Additionally I believe the range was improved slightly though don't quote me on that one.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Guys seriously ? His pokemon stadium cry plays when he enters the stage ?

Can it get more awesome than that ?

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
I'm upset that a reply like this is the first reply lol.

That being said.

Strongest pokemon. Coming through. Bow to your new lord and master.
What made Mewtwo bad in Melee again? Taj makes Mewtwo look good but what were his issues in Melee again I forgot?

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
What made Mewtwo bad in Melee again? Taj makes Mewtwo look good but what were his issues in Melee again I forgot?
He isn't that bad, however he falls slow, has low weight, and is very floaty... so he's easy to combo. Essentially, Mewtwo has a very good approach and offensive game, but not so much defensively.

His recovery is one of the best in the game though.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
He isn't that bad, however he falls slow, has low weight, and is very floaty... so he's easy to combo. Essentially, Mewtwo has a very good approach and offensive game, but not so much defensively.

Why was he sooooo low though :(?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

He also has mediocre kill moves. D-smash, fair, b-throw were really his only good KO moves. He's also not that amazing at gimping.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman

He had a TERRIBLE approach in Melee. Absolutely worthless even. His offensive game relied on spacing down tilts and shadowballs and hoping to land a grab for a single down throw and maybe a few percent after that, then he was back to spacing with down tilts and shadowballs. Fair is his only forward facing aerial in Melee and it had a tiny hitbox. Defensively, he had a great recovery, good wavedash to get out of trouble, and a teleport. Sure, against spacies he could do some cool combos if they DI'd incorrectly, but there has only been a single person in the history of Melee to do those kinds of combos relatively consistently on higher level players, and that's TAJ. My favorite match of TAJ's is against Armada's Peach on Yoshi's story because it shows how big of a problem Mewtwo had approaching. The only times TAJ got in were when he did something amazingly creative.

He also has mediocre kill moves. D-smash, fair, b-throw were really his only good KO moves. He's also not that amazing at gimping.
His best kill move was generally up-throw. But the others you mentioned were good too. B-throw was especially good against fast fallers.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman

One of his biggest weaknesses that a lot of people seem to overlook is his height. So much of the game's combat takes place on the horizontal plane, so tall characters just naturally are easier to hit and unfortunately, Mewtwo didn't have many tools to compensate for that.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Not sure if anybody already answered this, but will the PMBR add new trophies for Roy and Mewtwo?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Not sure if anybody already answered this, but will the PMBR add new trophies for Roy and Mewtwo?
I don't think they're too worried about Single Player aspects at the moment, but I'm sure that it'll likely happen in the future once it becomes the focus.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace

Wow Pik really outdid himself on all the details on the armor model, shout outs to him.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My ****! My diiiiiick!! DX

Seriously, that is just so amazingly beautiful. D:

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
I finally noticed. Why would Pokemon trainer be a alt costume for snake? It said it in the background on the screen. It said mew two and snake...

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I finally noticed. Why would Pokemon trainer be a alt costume for snake? It said it in the background on the screen. It said mew two and snake...
It was just a joke; Pokemon Trainer doesn't have death or item throwing animations (or many animations at all, really) so they put a skin on the most humanoid male character for a visual pun of the Pokemon Trainer trying to catch Mewtwo.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Great Mewtwo's back.

One question about the clone engine:Can I add this to vbrawl or any other type of brawl,like what if I add the codes to my gct with the character select screen will it work?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Right now due to the complexity of the Clone Engine, we're not releasing it to the public. Until we do, it'll be only playable with P:M.

Top Bottom