• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Roster Reveal - Mewtwo!

Project M

Shared Account

Mewtwo returns to the fight in the next version of Project M! Check out the video above as well as his character page for a more in-depth overview of his design!

[collapse=Character render!]

[/collapse]

--The PMBR

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why did it take soo long to make the thread for the vid? Not trying to sound rude or anything but thought it would of been done a few minutes after the vid.
I'm upset that a reply like this is the first reply lol.

That being said.

Strongest pokemon. Coming through. Bow to your new lord and master.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Not mentioning anything to the public was probably the hardest thing to do.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Okay, seriously. I'm not sure if I even want to bother getting Smash 4 anymore. XD

I mean, I adore lil Mega Man and I loved Miss Fit's Friday pic and all, but...MEWTWOOOOOO~!! D;

Those two are probably the only two things Smash 4 has this P:M doesn't that I'm interested in...But I could probably live without them since I already have at this point. It would save me some money. ¦D

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Gosh darn it, PMBR. How am I supposed to be mad about the lack of Yoshi when you keep adding all these other awesome characters?

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
You have to choose between the two games? Even though one of them is free?

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
This is amazing. I honestly couldn't even believe it when I first saw it. With Roy I could, cause I'd been waiting for a while to see if anyone would make a breakthrough with the Clone Engine. I was shocked and elated with Roy, but he also made since.

That said, I was preparing myself to wait another year, potentially even more, for Mewtwo.

And then you guys announce him today. I'm still reeling.

<33333333333333333

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
finally taking that uber status from the cannon games and making it into smash

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You have to choose between the two games? Even though one of them is free?
Choosing between which one I want to play more? Of course. XD

What I said aside, one of them costing money or being free has nothing to do with it. If one is more interesting, appealing and entertaining than the other one, I won't give the other one the time of day. ¦D

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Id suicide if mewtwo was announced in ssb4; guess we'll have to wait til E3 to know

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice

...... I remember way back when Project M was first announced. I was on IGN, been on that butthole board since 2002.

Everyone knew me as the Mewtwo guy, the guy who wouldn't shut up about Mewtwo, the guy who argued with everyone about Mewtwo, the guy would answer every Brawl update thread with "I wanted Mewtwo", and I pretty much disowned the series after Mewtwo was removed.

I think it was Kink-Link or Juggleguy I was talking to when Project M was first revealed. There were a lot of Brawl mods going around at that time. I didn't think anything of it, even though everyone else was really enthusiastic and saying it was going to be the proper sequel to Melee and crap.

I didn't buy it. I told them I'd only try it if they brought Mewtwo back, and If not, it's not worth my time.

..... now I need to buy a new copy of Brawl and a Nintendo Wii that reads dual layer discs.

Thanks jerks.

You awesome.... wonderful.... beautiful jerks.

*watches video again for hundredth time*

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
FYI "Project M" was announced far before its appearance on IGN. You missed at least two years of impatience. :alakadoof:

Anyways, Mewtwo render added to the OP. Check it out!

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
hypetrain going 2 fast....wrist straps.....breaking......

anyway great job as usual. just 1 question.

is mewtwo's ability to attack out of teleport OP? it seems like it might be more balanced if he could air dodge out but not attack until the animation ended. ofc I haven't played anything or have any proof but idk it just seemed to be a little bit much. otherwise he's perfect.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
hypetrain going 2 fast....wrist straps.....breaking......

anyway great job as usual. just 1 question.

is mewtwo's ability to attack out of teleport OP? it seems like it might be more balanced if he could air dodge out but not attack until the animation ended. ofc I haven't played anything or have any proof but idk it just seemed to be a little bit much. otherwise he's perfect.
I would argue no. Mewtwo's aerials look like they are buffed versions of his Melee aerials. This means that while the moves fill different roles, solid approaching is not one of them. Teleport to aerial as an approach will work every now and then, but it will be in no way as solid as a Marth approaching with fair I imagine. Teleport looks like it will be better for extending combos and long range mixups. It looks like it fills those roles well, but in order to start combos, he has to get inside first, which requires an approach. This still looks to be problematic for him. This seems balanced to me if what I am guessing is correct. He's a combo fiend with a technically challenging punish game, great edge guarding and recovering, and dynamic movement. But he is easily combo'd and punished and he lacks a solid approach.

Again, this is all speculation from what I've seen and heard.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
There are still arguments about Samus in the comments section. Youtubers plz.

Rikana

Smash Champion
If you look close -- extremelyyyyy close during the game intro, you can see a white pixel in the far distance. We were hinting on Mewtwo for the longest time.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic job, guys. The quality on both the model itself and the animations are just staggering. I'm really looking forward to playing as and against him.

I do have one question, though: Will he say his Japanese lines during victory poses, or remain unspeaking like his U.S. release?

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
Amazing news! Hmmm what to hope for next... Shadow the Hedgehog? or maybe Dixie Kong? Young Link would be amazing too ~
Next I'd just like to see some of the 5 characters who are missing from Brawl. It'll be kinda funny if Roy and Mewtwo are in 3.0 but not all of them are. Not that I'm complaining mind you, but still. I'm hoping for at least one or two of the missing 5 to be announced before release. I noticed that all updates since 2.1 have had an amount of new characters proportionate to the release number (4 new characters from 2.1 to 2.5, one new character from 2.5 to 2.6) so I'm expecting two more characters.

MVP

Smash Ace
Next I'd just like to see some of the 5 characters who are missing from Brawl. It'll be kinda funny if Roy and Mewtwo are in 3.0 but not all of them are. Not that I'm complaining mind you, but still. I'm hoping for at least one or two of the missing 5 to be announced before release. I noticed that all updates since 2.1 have had an amount of new characters proportionate to the release number (4 new characters from 2.1 to 2.5, one new character from 2.5 to 2.6) so I'm expecting two more characters.

K. rool

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Hey PMBR, great job with Mewtwo, he looks really great. On another note, is that stage in the beginning of the video a real brawl stage? And if so, are you going to include it in the next release? Because I gotta say, that stage radiates badassery.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Now we just need the rest of the Brawl cast and Pichu and I'll never need to go back to Melee ever again. Top notch work, everybody.

Top Bottom