• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

nealmobile9

Smash Rookie
I see the big wifi symbol in the character select screen! How do I play online from there? I've been going to the big "Play Online" button and connecting there and adding friend codes, trying to connect from that method. Is that the way to do it?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Follow these instructions. it takes like15 min
First I wiped my SD card clean, then I downloaded the nohombrew version from this mirrorhttps://www.mediafire.com/folder/9r22ql07np7k3/3.6_Beta_Mirror_[Off-Site]
Then I went to stage builder, started it up, and I didnt hit play. I hit launcher and updated the launcher. After that I went to addons and installed the wifi addon. after that it worked fine. When I got to the 3.6 character select there should be a big wifi symbol thats hard to miss.
Thanks. Doing now.

nealmobile9

Smash Rookie
Yes I'm connected to the server wiimmfi.de. I think the errors are occurring when we actually connect because the time you hit B and backed out my game did not freeze. Every other time it freezes. The PM Launcher never installed the "Official PM WiFi Addon" properly so I'm gonna look into that.
I think it ought to work now but I need to test it. It doesn't freeze anymore at the character select screen on wifi when I host a game.

waygu

Smash Lord
@ Diagh Diagh @ N nealmobile9 my files have 2 more minutes :) either of you two down to play?

cant get my launcher to update, gonna retry....stayed up all night for nothing rip me

LMAO I WAS DOING THE FILES FROM THE .ZIP LMFAO IM AN IDIOT NO WONDER IT TOOK 4 HOURS

Last edited:

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Does 3.6 support wifi? Can I download it from the update in PM launcher? I load PM from my messages folder on the wii. Is 3.6 worth downloading? I heard the announcer sounds bored. Idk. Let me try downloading...

waygu

Smash Lord
finally got my launcher to update jesus. work in an hour and a half, anyone down for a few games of 3.6?

nealmobile9

Smash Rookie
Does 3.6 support wifi? Can I download it from the update in PM launcher? I load PM from my messages folder on the wii. Is 3.6 worth downloading? I heard the announcer sounds bored. Idk. Let me try downloading...
Yes 3.6 supports wifi. You can download it from the PM Launcher through the addons, but it never installed for me so I basically manually installed it by moving some files around. If you need help with that I could guide you through it. I'd say 3.6 is definitely worth downloading, lots of new graphical and stage improvements. The announcer does a decent job but doesnt really have an announcer voice. Kinda falls flat but it's not terrible.

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah annoucner is kinda lame sad to say. Any girl would have sufficed or better yet, the announcer from melee. That announcer voice is almost traditional imo. Wow! Incredible! Anyways anyone wanna game on the 3.6 build if they have it set up properly (homebrew)

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Yes 3.6 supports wifi. You can download it from the PM Launcher through the addons, but it never installed for me so I basically manually installed it by moving some files around. If you need help with that I could guide you through it. I'd say 3.6 is definitely worth downloading, lots of new graphical and stage improvements. The announcer does a decent job but doesnt really have an announcer voice. Kinda falls flat but it's not terrible.
Oh, well, I hate 3.6, my main edge guarding tool with kirby, to up b for edgeguarding and spiking has been removed... I guess i'll revert back to 3.5 ;_;
Can you play wifi from 3.5 vs 3.6?
I mean wtf why nerf kirby ;-; Everyone seems overall weaker in this version, 3.5 was perfectly balanced in my opinion. Also the L+A stuff is glitchy and the music has changed and stuff ;_;

Rukir

Smash Cadet
NNID
rory10
Oh, well, I hate 3.6, my main edge guarding tool with kirby, to up b for edgeguarding and spiking has been removed... I guess i'll revert back to 3.5 ;_;
Can you play wifi from 3.5 vs 3.6?
I mean wtf why nerf kirby ;-; Everyone seems overall weaker in this version, 3.5 was perfectly balanced in my opinion. Also the L+A stuff is glitchy and the music has changed and stuff ;_;
If everyone feels worse everyone is balanced

trati

Smash Ace
how do u get WiFi to work for ur pm 3.6 can u tell me step by step like each file or any one else can help me
haha yeah annoucner is kinda lame sad to say. Any girl would have sufficed or better yet, the announcer from melee. That announcer voice is almost traditional imo. Wow! Incredible! Anyways anyone wanna game on the 3.6 build if they have it set up properly (homebrew)

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has been addressed yet (or in how much depth) in this topic, but here's how to get the Wifi addon working in Homebrew.

1. Once you have everything downloaded onto your SD card, follow the directory X:/projectm/launcher/addons, and you should find a .7z file named wifi.7z.

2. Use 7-zip to open it, and replace the files that show up (mu_menumain.pac, sc_selcharacter.pac, sc_selcharacter2.pac, RSBE01.GCT, and info.xml) in their respective directories, X:/projectm/pf/menu 2 for the .pac files, X:/codes for the .gct file, and X:/projectm/launcher/addons for the .xml file.

3. Load up the game via the launcher in Homebrew and it should work.

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
So whats happening here now? Is everyone going to download 3.6? Im still on 3.5.

Anyone down for Project M 3.5 pm me.

Last edited:

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
Yo Waygu, how did you run 3.6 WiFi, I heard there isn't a WiFi Option on the site, I should be installing the patch this weekend.
Not sure if this has been addressed yet (or in how much depth) in this topic, but here's how to get the Wifi addon working in Homebrew.

1. Once you have everything downloaded onto your SD card, follow the directory X:/projectm/launcher/addons, and you should find a .7z file named wifi.7z.

2. Use 7-zip to open it, and replace the files that show up (mu_menumain.pac, sc_selcharacter.pac, sc_selcharacter2.pac, RSBE01.GCT, and info.xml) in their respective directories, X:/projectm/pf/menu 2 for the .pac files, X:/codes for the .gct file, and X:/projectm/launcher/addons for the .xml file.

3. Load up the game via the launcher in Homebrew and it should work.
Anyone looking to play some 3.6?

Top Bottom