• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
What's the deal with all the DCs? Is it the stages , character, music? Ggs
I just started looking online but can't find much. I think stages that aren't specific to this build will tend to desync on Wifi (e.g., old Pokemon Stadium). As a general rule, if it wasn't in the 3.5 stagelist, then avoid it. Sadly, that limits things quite a bit, and playing Melee Battlefield over and over with its motion sickness-inducing background is no fun, haha. GG.

Last edited:

NEO!

Smash Lord
I just started looking online but can't find much. I think stages that aren't specific to this build will tend to desync on Wifi (e.g., old Pokemon Stadium). As a general rule, if it wasn't in the 3.5 stagelist, then avoid it. Sadly, that limits things quite a bit, and playing Melee Battlefield over and over with its motion sickness-inducing background is no fun, haha. GG.
U have a custom build with mods right? I would stick to basic hackless no homebrew to avoid DCING on wifi

Last edited:

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
U have a custom build with mods right? I would stick to basic hackless no homebrew to avoid DCING on wifi
I don't use any hacks aside from the file patch/gameplay-based codes in the default GCT. The only things on my SD card are the files from the 3.6 ZIP. I think some of the new stages just don't work on Wifi without desyncing.

waygu

Smash Lord
anyone down to play some 3.6? possibly @ NEO! NEO! since we know how ours behaved previously and can compare

or @ Mattchu Mattchu since youre looking ;) gonna grab water and boot up
fresh off work and a lil stoned be nice to me for like 1 match lmao

Last edited:

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
3.6 anyone?
I'm ready for an asskicking. I'll be online momentarily.

Edit: looks like waygu ninja'd me. Anyone else?

Oh, and I'll download the hackless version for comparison, but I don't think it's anything on my end causing the DCs.

Edit #2: Upon inspection, the only real difference I see is the .bin file used to launch the hackless version. The beta is buggy as hell in general, so chalk it up to that.

Last edited:

RobMoNeY

Smash Cadet
Who wants to play?

EDIT: Nvm my wii wont connect to the internet smh lol

Last edited:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Scratch that, just got in. Make sure you install the wifi add on from the project m menu.

If anyone wants to play 3.6 my fc is 1118-3379-3172
Its not letting me. Whenever I'm at the main startup menu and hit update, it keeps saying dowload failed and that I have no network connection.

Using the nohomebrew. Anyone have any tips?

Last edited:

_Daffy_

Smash Cadet
Its not letting me. Whenever I'm at the main startup menu and hit update, it keeps saying dowload failed and that I have no network connection.

Using the nohomebrew. Anyone have any tips?
It should only fail if your system isn't connected to wifi

waygu

Smash Lord
@ Sephy95 Sephy95
same thing happened to me, do this
launch brawl -> project m. try to update, if it says no network at the top, go back to the main menu -> exit.
then relaunch brawl -> project m and it'll update and let you online.

@ Mattchu Mattchu ggs man im starting to play lazy lmao, ggs tho. do you feel like there was physics changes in 3.6 or is it just me?

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
@ Sephy95 Sephy95
launch brawl -> project m. try to update, if it says no network at the top, go back to the main menu -> exit.

@ Mattchu Mattchu ggs man im starting to play lazy lmao, ggs tho. do you feel like there was physics changes in 3.6 or is it just me?
GGs, i'm so bad if it's lagging. No I haven't noticed anything.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
@ Sephy95 Sephy95

THANK YOU. That worked finally.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
@ Sephy95 Sephy95

How do I wifi in 3.6? I launch pm through the message folder via letterbomb, no brawl. Also I prefer 3.5 over 3.6, kirby #2nerf4me

Top Bottom