• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Diagh

Smash Journeyman
Lemme go over everything that I did.
First I wiped my SD card clean, then I installed the nohombrew version from this mirror https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9r22ql07np7k3/3.6_Beta_Mirror_[Off-Site]
Then I went to stage builder, started it up, and I didnt hit play. I hit launcher and updated the launcher. After that I went to addons and installed the wifi addon. after that it worked fine. When I got to the 3.6 character select there should be a big wifi symbol thats hard to miss.
I am using homebrew, but if that is the only way to play at the moment, then I might have to use that method.

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
ok when I went to install the addon the launcher just crashed and sent me back, when i booted up the game it crashed at character screen

Diagh

Smash Journeyman
ok when I went to install the addon the launcher just crashed and sent me back, when i booted up the game it crashed at character screen
That's exactly what happened to me. I guess homebrew is not quite yet compatible with wifi. I am going to make a bug report.

waygu

Smash Lord
i feel like the backup folder being empty for homebrew would cause an issue. extract a copy of your wifi.7z's files into the backup folder and try again

my buddy has the memory card so im playing on fod and ps1 sheik v fox lmao pm's physics are so ****in different

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
i feel like the backup folder being empty for homebrew would cause an issue. extract a copy of your wifi.7z's files into the backup folder and try again

my buddy has the memory card so im playing on fod and ps1 sheik v fox lmao pm's physics are so ****in different
ill try that. Anyone know where the Sc_charcter files mu_mainmenu files end up after appling the addon incase i need to do it manually

Diagh

Smash Journeyman
Ok i found it its in a folder called menu 2
My SD just did that to me, too. That's what is making the game freeze when we are in the Character Select menu. I'm going to redownload the Homebrew Pack again, but I believe that PMDT might have to work on the Homebrew/Wifi method if we can't find do it.

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Had some corrupt data in my menu2 folder thanks to the patcher most likely, need to reformat my sd card and try again. Almost there, think i have it, fingers crossed

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
@ThatLinkDude GGs but you seriously got to work on your link compared to my link you rely heavily on the spin and smash attacks also try put more combos together

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Yay I got it working! Anyone want to play some 3.6 Wifi? Ok so for all you homewbrew ppl all you need to do is replace the files in the codes folder and the menu2 folder with the files in the addons wifi folder, by extracting wifi.7z. Hope this helps! lets play!

ShinyPockets

Smash Apprentice
Yay I got it working! Anyone want to play some 3.6 Wifi? Ok so for all you homewbrew ppl all you need to do is replace the files in the codes folder and the menu2 folder with the files in the addons wifi folder, by extracting wifi.7z. Hope this helps! lets play!
gonna try this

nealmobile9

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm new to the forum but just installed 3.6 beta and want to start playing online! My friend code is 2926-5790-7483. I connected online and need to test if I did it right. If there is a specific method to set it up please let me know. The new update is awesome by the way! Thanks!

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I'm new to the forum but just installed 3.6 beta and want to start playing online! My friend code is 2926-5790-7483. I connected online and need to test if I did it right. If there is a specific method to set it up please let me know. The new update is awesome by the way! Thanks!
If you see a wifi symbol during the character selection screen you should be good to go. Also be able to connect online without any errors. Heres my friend code, join my game if you can. 1207-2715-8867

nealmobile9

Smash Rookie
I just found you online and went to join game/seeking brawl but the game just crashed and froze. Did I do something wrong? I swapped out the addon wifi code

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Hey neal you sic before game started, some rror I guess. I remember awhile back I had to do something to be able to play after the wifishutdown. wimfii or something like that. You might need to do that just a heads up, accidently pressed b there my bad, try again

nealmobile9

Smash Rookie
Hey neal you sic before game started, some rror I guess. I remember awhile back I had to do something to be able to play after the wifishutdown. wimfii or something like that. You might need to do that just a heads up, accidently pressed b there my bad, try again
Yes I'm connected to the server wiimmfi.de. I think the errors are occurring when we actually connect because the time you hit B and backed out my game did not freeze. Every other time it freezes. The PM Launcher never installed the "Official PM WiFi Addon" properly so I'm gonna look into that.

NEO!

Smash Lord
I dont have it yet. :/
Follow these instructions. it takes like15 min
First I wiped my SD card clean, then I downloaded the nohombrew version from this mirrorhttps://www.mediafire.com/folder/9r22ql07np7k3/3.6_Beta_Mirror_[Off-Site]
Then I went to stage builder, started it up, and I didnt hit play. I hit launcher and updated the launcher. After that I went to addons and installed the wifi addon. after that it worked fine. When I got to the 3.6 character select there should be a big wifi symbol thats hard to miss.

Top Bottom