• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

waygu

Smash Lord
this aint the place to ask this but is it possible to download from the wii by wifi now? (since its possible to change from wifi to full)
they responded to that question on twitter and said no

hey I just noticed that, do you know how I would go about doing that
my personal method is going to get the 3.02 files that made the full version wifi safe and pasting them in a trying it out, lol

i tweeted @ them and asked if 3.6 supports wifi and ill let you guys know what they say.

Last edited:

ShinyPockets

Smash Apprentice
they responded to that question on twitter and said no

my personal method is going to get the 3.02 files that made the full version wifi safe and pasting them in a trying it out, lol

i tweeted @ them and asked if 3.6 supports wifi and ill let you guys know what they say.
please do, because they buffed sonic and they fixed his silver skin, i need this

waygu

Smash Lord
bruh i dont have an extra sd card and my laptop takes FOREVER to write files, sorry but i cant guinea pig this time

go to your old project m's folder on your computer, go to projectm folder, copy the contents of wifi folder and paste them into the 3.6 files under projectm folder. i havent looked at 3.6 files so idk if the structure is 100% the same but im gonna bet

ShinyPockets

Smash Apprentice
bruh i dont have an extra sd card and my laptop takes FOREVER to write files, sorry but i cant guinea pig this time

go to your old project m's folder on your computer, go to projectm folder, copy the contents of wifi folder and paste them into the 3.6 files under projectm folder. i havent looked at 3.6 files so idk if the structure is 100% the same but im gonna bet
found it, trying now

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
cant find the wifi folder. I found a .7z file labeled wifi in an addons folder but this is for pm 3.5 wifisafe. Do I need to use 3.02?

Diagh

Smash Journeyman
Nothing, so far. Files are the same size, but I am not sure if the content of the files are identical.

I lied.

Last edited:

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys I think I figured it out. I did this a long time ago and to switch from wifi to fullset you have to change the file under the folder labed codes. Its called RSBE01.gct. The pm team luckily provided a wifi folder along with the 3.6 download. However I thnk we have to manually move the RSBE01.gct. from the wifi folder to the codes folder. Notice there is also a folder labed full. Anyways I think this is our best option and am going to give it a try.

Diagh

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys I think I figured it out. I did this a long time ago and to switch from wifi to fullset you have to change the file under the folder labed codes. Its called RSBE01.gct. The pm team luckily provided a wifi folder along with the 3.6 download. However I thnk we have to manually move the RSBE01.gct. from the wifi folder to the codes folder. Notice there is also a folder labed full. Anyways I think this is our best option and am going to give it a try.
Did that, however, I used 3.5s on accident. Try it with 3.02.

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
So just to reiterate, replace the RSBE01.gct. file in the codes folder with the RSBE01.gct. file in the wifi folder that comes along with the 3.6 beta download.

waygu

Smash Lord
@ Phendrana Drifts Phendrana Drifts well i just got the files, i'll try your method of action
i noticed something while looking at them - in 3.5 the wifi.7z's files are also in the backup folder, in 3.6 the wifi.7z's files ARENT in backup. i think that may be the issue?

just saw your post. im going to wax my sd card and try my method...wish me luck

Last edited:

ShinyPockets

Smash Apprentice
so far it keeps crashing for me, idk if it's just because it's beta or what but it worked fine before i messed with the folder =/

ShinyPockets

Smash Apprentice
@ Phendrana Drifts Phendrana Drifts well i just got the files, i'll try your method of action
i noticed something while looking at them - in 3.5 the wifi.7z's files are also in the backup folder, in 3.6 the wifi.7z's files ARENT in backup. i think that may be the issue?

just saw your post. im going to wax my sd card and try my method...wish me luck
I hope it works for you, this is derailing my 3.6 hype

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
I think we are just gonna have to wait for them to release a working wifi, or maybe not. I know the file in the codes folder plays the most importnt role, its either wifi builtor not. iono I could be wrong. hopefully I am. Let me know if anything gives but I couldt gt that file to load. oud just crash after splah screen.

waygu

Smash Lord
thanks for guinea pigging some other methods for me guys.
hopefully using only the files contained within 3.6 and patching that small hole will make things work.

my laptop says 4 hours to write files, ill probably be sound asleep by then since i work at noon.......
to be continued..........

time to grind some melee fox lawl

Last edited:

ShinyPockets

Smash Apprentice
Back on 3.5 for now, we've all spent over an hour on this, might as well get a few matches in before it gets super late, i'll have an SD card on the side ready for any updates or tweaks to 3.6 if anyone has a fix or a suggestion

Diagh

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys tried the Wifi Addon in the launcher? Someone from PMDT said to try it, but my wii resets me to the Homebrew channel menu.

Jesus+1

Strawhat Pirate
3DS FC
0705-3756-2752
gg dude i had fun but i have to go to school tomorrow, btw how do you spam your taunt like that lol
edit thanks hes all i know how to play im going to learn marth and falco too :D
just use the taunt right before you get to the ledge during a run, practice it with falcon, sonic, wario, fox, ness, ect :b

waygu

Smash Lord
Have you guys tried the Wifi Addon in the launcher? Someone from PMDT said to try it, but my wii resets me to the Homebrew channel menu.
i plan to put the wifi.7z files into the backup folder and planned to use the launcher after. if that route fails its actually probably ****ed

@ Scraket Scraket no ones got it to work yet. ^ is the current best bet to getting it to work.

Last edited:

Scraket

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna play 3.6 with me?
Are you guys having trouble getting 3.6 wifi?

Last edited:

Scraket

Smash Ace
Lemme go over everything that I did.
First I wiped my SD card clean, then I downloaded the nohombrew version from this mirror https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9r22ql07np7k3/3.6_Beta_Mirror_[Off-Site]
Then I went to stage builder, started it up, and I didnt hit play. I hit launcher and updated the launcher. After that I went to addons and installed the wifi addon. after that it worked fine. When I got to the 3.6 character select there should be a big wifi symbol thats hard to miss.

Last edited:

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Lemme go over everything that I did.
First I wiped my SD card clean, then I downloaded the nohombrew version from this mirror https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9r22ql07np7k3/3.6_Beta_Mirror_[Off-Site]
Then I went to stage builder, started it up, and I didnt hit play. I hit launcher and updated the launcher. After that I went to addons and installed the wifi addon. after that it worked fine. When I got to the 3.6 character select there should be a big wifi symbol thats hard to miss.
how can I get to the launder through homebrew any ideas?

Top Bottom