• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
GGs, Fox!

Just out of curiosity, which one of those characters you played was your main? You were pretty well rounded with all of them!
Thanks man, you were damn tough. Out of all the characters? IDK, really. I've only been into PM for a week or so, and I'm coming off a long hiatus, so I'm not really sure who I'm maining, as ******** as that probably sounds. I've been trying to learn Ike and MK, and Snake was someone I co-mained in Brawl. Link and Ganon were just random, lol.

I've actually found the most success lately in just playing a fairly neutral game and watching what the opponent does, and punishing for it. That's pretty much my game plan in a nutshell, and it meshes with Ike well since he's a punish monster.

Last edited:

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
@ paxinchristo paxinchristo : GG man! Despite being a huge scrub, I think I had a stronger showing than usual (Of course, the Renji Abarai tag probably caused that ;)). I never knew how tough the new Lucario became when they made him a Blazblue character, though I knew the MU really well in Brawl.

Solid play all around, though. I was laughing my *** off going ham with Ganon in the end. GG!
Lol yeah, I literally face palmed myself so hard when I dash attacked right into an invincible Warlock Punch XD

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
Thanks man, you were damn tough. Out of all the characters? IDK, really. I've only been into PM for a week or so, and I'm coming off a long hiatus, so I'm not really sure who I'm maining, as ******** as that probably sounds. I've been trying to learn Ike and MK, and Snake was someone I co-mained in Brawl. Link and Ganon were just random, lol.

I've actually found the most success lately in just playing a fairly neutral game and watching what the opponent does, and punishing for it. That's pretty much my game plan in a nutshell, and it meshes with Ike well since he's a punish monster.
Good stuff!

The neutral game is also something I've been trying to work on lately...my play style is often so aggressive I charge in recklessly quite a bit and get punished for it.

Anyways, till next time we play!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yep, GG! I know how it feels to play like Rambo, but it's just not always the best choice, lol.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ok adding now
GGs

Your Falcon was nifty, but you should drop the rolling and switch up approaches more. It made you very predictable. Rolling a lot usually just lands you in hot water with normal opponents but against me it is sometimes effective thanks to my delay. Your aerial game was good. Your accuracy with the sweetspots was really good too.

@ Jobes Jobes
I'm free to die now. I mean fight. You host.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go now. Sorry I was so off my game :/
What do you mean? Those were awesome. We 3 stocked each other, had close games, and inbetween.

Have you ever lost that much? I feel like I deserve a medal lol falco v dk is a ****in awful mu

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
What do you mean? Those were awesome. We 3 stocked each other, had close games, and inbetween.

Have you ever lost that much? I feel like I deserve a medal lol falco v dk is a ****in awful mu
Really? Well ok then, I don't think falco was doing too well, probably cuz I kept getting shield grabbed. I would try to break free but I couldn't, then you would throw me off the cliff and against falco that's a free stock. I didn't do well cuz I kept dying at like 70%, but you kept living until about 140 each time, so I had to work twice as hard, something I couldn't do. All of my approach options were the same and led to my demise. Not to mention I have little to no dk matchup experience besides like 3 matches against mattchu, so everything he could do caught be by surprise. To answer your question, yes I have lost a lot before, and I'm ok with that, I don't like underperforming though, I feel like it makes me lose a lot and robs the other guy from seeing what I really can do. I did have flashes of those in our games, but couldn't be consistant. I'mma work on that and play you again, maybe if I actually bother to learn the dk matchup. I don't play PM and in melee there aren't many of those so probably not lol

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ Jobes Jobes
GGs!

That was the first Squirtle main I fought online. And here I thought that Luigi was the slipperiest one of all. Your aerial game was ridonk to the max and I kept falling for the Dtilt and Dsmash traps.

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
@ Jobes Jobes
GGs!

That was the first Squirtle main I fought online. And here I thought that Luigi was the slipperiest one of all. Your aerial game was ridonk to the max and I kept falling for the Dtilt and Dsmash traps.
Yea, thanks for the matches! As I said, I'm not the best Squirtle but I like to think I'm pretty quick! I had a blast trying to weave in and out of your fireballs when you played Zelda.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Not that much of a runaway fox well you seemed like you had some skill with fox well how was my wolf I've been practicing on him a lot.
Trust me bro, you were definitely a runaway Fox. It also Translated heavily to your wolf. For some tips I suggest being less predictable. One habit I noticed was that you were just dash dancing on the other side of the stage so you could punish my air attacks. Once I picked up on that all I had to do was adjust my spacing to compensate. Wolf has very good aggressive options, so while defensive play is good you should also be able to switch to a more offensive playstyle.

Anyone wanna play me

0519-1238-6244

Last edited:

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
@ V Money954 V Money954 GGs but your falcon needs work you did alot of falcon punches and kicks but you are going to have to do more than just that sure you got me on some but it made you wide open for a super jump from luigi

Last edited:
Top Bottom