• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
anyone still looking for matches?

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games ^^ @ 5ully 5ully

Well, we both had our fair share of SDs in there (though admittedly, you did seem to be taking the brunt of them...). Hope there was no salt about the Jiggs vs Wolf stuff. One grab is basically death, whether it be U-throw Rest if un-DIed, or B-throw into a read punish...

Nice Wolf, those Side-Bs were fancy, lol. Couldn't quite figure out how to DI the throws.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Good games ^^ @ 5ully 5ully

Well, we both had our fair share of SDs in there (though admittedly, you did seem to be taking the brunt of them...). Hope there was no salt about the Jiggs vs Wolf stuff. One grab is basically death, whether it be U-throw Rest if un-DIed, or B-throw into a read punish...

Nice Wolf, those Side-Bs were fancy, lol. Couldn't quite figure out how to DI the throws.
Yeah i tried not to be too salty about those V s Jiggs and im trying really hard to not make a john but i really cant play well on Wifi. something about it is really different then the Full Set. anyway GG's sorry about the salty leave.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
something about it is really different then the Full Set
Shield inputs are a lot more sensitive with the wifi-safe version. I always compensate for that by depressing the triggers as much as possible without entirely pressing them (I'm assuming you use a GC controller like me). That way, I only get the input when I press either trigger completely.

Last edited:

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
ggs your roy was pretty nice. I think my router disconnected for a second which is why I went offline sorry. I had fun.
Yeah dude, i actually had a blast playing you. Sorry if i sd'd alot i still dont know what i can and cant do on wifi. But your Link is mad good. The Roy ditto was great too, anytime you wanna play just send me a message and ill gladly play you.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Shield inputs are a lot more sensitive with the wifi-safe version. I always compensate for that by depressing the triggers as much as possible without entirely pressing them (I'm assuming you use a GC controller like me). That way, I only get the input when I press either trigger completely.
OHHHHHHH...that must be why i cant L-cancel all the time and wavedash properly.. guess im just spoiled by the full set then but i think im getting better i can do little combos now! i still SD like 2 stocks a match but its better! thanks @ Zatchiel Zatchiel

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
OHHHHHHH...that must be why i cant L-cancel all the time and wavedash properly.. guess im just spoiled by the full set then but i think im getting better i can do little combos now! i still SD like 2 stocks a match but its better! thanks @ Zatchiel Zatchiel
Yeah. It used to irk me too when I first got PM, but someone mentioned a way to "fix it." Just hold down the triggers when you plug in your controller/start the game and they should operate with the same absolute sensitivity that they do in the full-set; you only get shield inputs if you fully press down on the triggers (if your triggers are set to shield of course).

Last edited:

Swordlegacy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah dude, i actually had a blast playing you. Sorry if i sd'd alot i still dont know what i can and cant do on wifi. But your Link is mad good. The Roy ditto was great too, anytime you wanna play just send me a message and ill gladly play you.
Thanks and yea I know what you mean, wifi takes getting used to and a LOT of adjustment. It kinda depends in peoples connection, some games will be kinda lag free with some minimal button delay because its wifi, or one person will experience button lag like crazy, then theres games with no button lag but bad lag spikes. I hope ssb4 wii u has better online gameplay.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Yeah. It used to irk me too when I first got PM, but someone mentioned a way to "fix it." Just hold down the triggers when you plug in your controller/start the game and they should operate with the same absolute sensitivity that they do in the full-set; you only get shield inputs if you fully press down on the triggers (if your triggers are set to shield of course).
Imma have to try this maybe i can play even better now. I hate feeling like people think I'm a scrub at this game. I KNOW WHAT IM DOING!!!...i just cant do it... lol

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Thanks and yea I know what you mean, wifi takes getting used to and a LOT of adjustment. It kinda depends in peoples connection, some games will be kinda lag free with some minimal button delay because its wifi, or one person will experience button lag like crazy, then theres games with no button lag but bad lag spikes. I hope ssb4 wii u has better online gameplay.
Yeah that'd be nice if i played that game competitively. Anyway GG's buddy!

SuperMakoa

Smash Journeyman
Makoa, you've got to stop attacking me while I'm taunting. When you taunt, I wait for you to finish, but you always hit me when I do.
Ggs though, you've got a decent zelda.
You don't let me taunt lol, I've seen you hit me out of it a lot of times.
If it bothers you just don't taunt :p
GGs

Top Bottom