• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
I may have a strange err on my end where percentage isn't showing up. I'll do one to see if i have to put all my info back on my SD or not...
theres a setting in the rules that changes the percentage display, it might be turned off by default. go into the rules settings and change it also my FC 5026-4130-1590

Last edited:

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
sorry about that Rags, somebody else joined and i clicked ok without looking at their name before realizing it wasnt you
and sorry about that last one xgl, i had to take the garbage out(my family is very impatient
and ggs neo, my connection went splat there on the last match
anyone else want to fight me? 5026-4130-1590
EDIT:
on second thought im calling it quits for today, i'll play tommorow

Last edited:

Rags

Smash Ace
Breh... @ NEO! NEO! I swear on your last stock you just go "YOLO" LOL (not salty, just think it's funny. GGs, I just need to NOT SD as much as I have, but it was still fun. What did you think of the MK?

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
everyone i try to play vanishes
im still here sorry
3957 3602 4440 is mine, urs?

edit: ive got yours now but ur playing puds by the look of it, all g, let meknow if u wanna play after

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GGs @ kaizo13 kaizo13
You did really well with Charizard and ZZS. I can't chase people with this delay, nor can I DI out of multihits. So that's why I cut the match short when you pulled out the camping Ness routine.

Anyone else wanna fight?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
GGs @ kaizo13 kaizo13
You did really well with Charizard and ZZS. I can't chase people with this delay, nor can I DI out of multihits. So that's why I cut the match short when you pulled out the camping Ness routine.

Anyone else wanna fight?
I was playing offensively with my first 3 characters while u were camping me with Zelda and Peach, and i wasn't able to beat you. So i decided to camp you back with Ness and guess what, it worked. You left when getting a taste of your own medicine

why is camping so effective? i thought Project M was supposed to promote offensive play

Last edited:

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
I was playing offensively with my first 3 characters while u were camping me with Zelda and Peach, and i wasn't able to beat you. So i decided to camp you back with Ness and guess what, it worked. You left when getting a taste of your own medicine -__-

why is camping so effective in PM? i thought it was supposed to promote offensive play
r u down for a game? - also yeah pud, you do tend to camp with peach atleast, and u pretty much just use nairous love (or wtv it is) when someone gets slightly close to you with zelda

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
3957 3702 4440, sorry about that, it must be wrong on the note ive got it saved on - should be sweet now, just add it and we can play XD

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ kaizo13 kaizo13
Relax yo. I was talking about Ness. Remember the excessive running/waiting and only approaching to punish or spam PK fire? That is what I was referring to. Not your other characters.

It's fine, but I really prefer not chasing. Because between my wireless connection and non-gaming mode TV... Welp, how about nope and no thank you. So much frame delay. Everybody's Super Snail Racing over heeeeeeere.

@ Swswan Swswan and @ kaizo13 kaizo13
IDK why people expect Peach or Zelda to rush in haphazardly. They are not Charizard, Lucas, Mario, Marth, or etc. The princeses do not have spammy safe approaches at all. They are always a nudge outside your attack range unless they are regrouping to get more fire power. These ladies sure do enjoy their royal spacecations. But camping? Ew gross, their dresses will get all dirty.

I also gave ways to combat Zeldoo's Naryu multiple times. It's actually really easy to get around. Which is why I smack around Naryu abusers since they rarely use it right.

Last edited:

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
i think that's a good way to end it xD

GGs man, had tons of fun. if only our connection was better
ur characters are unbelieveable haha, ivenever played anyone as good.
occaisionally ofc id have some delay that im not used to - i usually just play on console with friends but overall its not too bad - we came in and out of connection at times but like, im in AUS so thats to be expected.

GGS and thanks for the matches!

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@ kaizo13 kaizo13
Relax yo. I was talking about Ness. Remember the excessive running/waiting and only approaching to punish or spam PK fire? That is what I was referring to. Not your other characters.

@ Swswan Swswan and @ kaizo13 kaizo13
IDK why people expect Peach or Zelda to rush in haphazardly. They are not Charizard, Lucas, Mario, Marth, or etc. The princeses do not have spammy safe approaches at all. They are always a nudge outside your attack range unless they are regrouping to get more fire power. These ladies sure do enjoy their royal spacecations. But camping? Ew gross, their dresses will get all dirty.

I also gave ways to combat Zeldoo's Naryu multiple times. It's actually really easy to get around. Which is why I smack around Naryu abusers since they rarely use it right.
Yeah i understand that Peach and Zelda (Zeldoo?) are pretty defensive characters, but the way you were playing was kind of pushing it. I'm just saying... if you're gonna run away and turnip spam my charizard don't complain about runaway PK fire.

anyways, i think you're a pretty good player...but your playstyle can get a bit tedious/frustrating.
Yeah a lot of the things you're doing are not all that safe, but this is wi-fi we're talking about. it is rather difficult to punish on reaction due to input delay, and that's what makes your tactics so viable online....i showcased how effective it can be by applying the same tactic myself and easily winning the next 2 games. it works, but do i really want to play that way in a friendly over wi-fi?...no

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah i understand that Peach and Zelda (Zeldoo?) are pretty defensive characters, but the way you were playing was kind of pushing it. I'm just saying... if you're gonna run away and turnip spam my charizard don't complain about runaway PK fire.

anyways, i think you're a pretty good player...but your playstyle can get a bit tedious/frustrating.
Yeah a lot of the things you're doing are not all that safe, but this is wi-fi we're talking about. it is rather difficult to punish on reaction due to input delay, and that's what makes your tactics so viable online....i showcased how effective it can be by applying the same tactic myself and easily winning the next 2 games. it works, but do i really want to play that way in a friendly over wi-fi?...no
Zeldoo, a better way to say Zelda after hearing or seeing Zelda for so long.

Also I can't really use those tactics. I can't chase runners and I can't run away myself due to no techs online. So my camping or running away would get me caught without much effort. The frame delay also makes it harder to fight people who WD or DD. Ex: Luigi often teleports if the camera is zoomed out since his WD is so craycray.

I try to use Peach against WDers or DDer fasties. Since Zelda's only way is to set dins and wait to trip someone OR telebomb them. Which is basically driving a mobile home back and forth on the stage while dropping mines. Snoozefestapalooza.

Last edited:

Rags

Smash Ace
Zeldoo, a better way to say Zelda after hearing or seeing Zelda for so long.

Also I can't really use those tactics. I can't chase runners and I can't run away myself due to no techs online. So my camping or running away would get me caught without much effort. The frame delay also makes it harder to fight people who WD or DD. Ex: Luigi often teleports if the camera is zoomed out since his WD is so craycray.

I try to use Peach against WDers or DDer fasties. Since Zelda's only way is to set dins and wait to trip someone OR telebomb them. Which is basically driving a mobile home back and forth on the stage while dropping mines. Snoozefestapalooza.
Man you're fine, you don't have to justify yourself like that. Zelda and peach all play almost like they're in intentionally to fustrate players, since PM is about going in and having a tussle, but Peach since day 1 has slowed down a match, and zelda is about the same too. Just gotta learn how to fight em. BTW let me know when you feel up to playing some

Top Bottom