• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
No not toonlink and not ness. Toonlink's projectile game isnt as safe as a lot of other characters, and past the projectile game you need to have proper spacing and fundamentals. Ness is one of the mos technical characters in the game, who also happens to have one of the worst neutral games as well. Only thing broken about him is his Pk fire, but without he wouldnt have a neutral game.
Yeah I agree with you on PK fire being broken. It's not just my Bowser that suffers from that, really ANY CHARACTER, no matter how light they are, just gets trapped in that fire vortex of hell and then he's allowed to grab. I may Up-B with bowser a lot, but PK fire's the worst.

You sure about that Toon Link Projectile game though? I'm pretty sure having 3 different projectiles, all annoying btw, is hard enough to deal with and toon links up-b is another bane of existence (good god everyone's up-b is annoying...)

dizzypink

Smash Lord
No not toonlink and not ness. Toonlink's projectile game isnt as safe as a lot of other characters, and past the projectile game you need to have proper spacing and fundamentals. Ness is one of the mos technical characters in the game, who also happens to have one of the worst neutral games as well. Only thing broken about him is his Pk fire, but without he wouldnt have a neutral game.
Wow our connection is horrible. Wanna see if we'll stay connected again?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Yeah I agree with you on PK fire being broken. It's not just my Bowser that suffers from that, really ANY CHARACTER, no matter how light they are, just gets trapped in that fire vortex of hell and then he's allowed to grab. I may Up-B with bowser a lot, but PK fire's the worst.

You sure about that Toon Link Projectile game though? I'm pretty sure having 3 different projectiles, all annoying btw, is hard enough to deal with and toon links up-b is another bane of existence (good god everyone's up-b is annoying...)
Do you main a melee Falco? if you haven't tried doing so already, why not use shine for its original intention? Just shine > jump or shine > WD if you see it coming in time to react. If you can punish PK Fires by reflecting them consistently, chances are they'll cut down on using it as often

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Do you main a melee Falco? if you haven't tried doing so already, why not use shine for its original intention? Just shine > jump or shine > WD if you see it coming in time to react. If you can punish PK Fires by reflecting them consistently, chances are they'll cut down on using it as often
Oh please, I'm a terrible Falco. @ JDavisR (NIX) JDavisR (NIX) and @ Poloflipx Poloflipx would be ashamed. D:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Sorry bro way to laggy for me

Anyone else wanna play?
Well, GGs. You see why I hate Toon Link now? Anyway, I honestly didn't know what the hell to do about your grab game. I know that if I up-B with Bowser I have a common chance to get grabbed and then possibly smashed. Although, it's kind of hard to do anything else. Especially against Sheik, her grabs are inevitable! It's futile to escape them! Just saying though your grab game is incredible.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Good Games, @ JDavisR (NIX) JDavisR (NIX) , but it looks like I'll have to leave for now, sorry.
No its fine, but you'll have to help me. I had no idea what to do against you, you just kept moving all over the place and you knew exactly what I was going to do before even I did, what do you recommend I work on specifically? I've got a tourney coming up in a few weeks and I'm looking to do well, so if you don't mind me asking I'd like to know anything you can tell. I need any help I can get :chuckle:

Last edited:

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
No its fine, but you'll have to help me. I had no idea what to do against you, you just kept moving all over the place and you knew exactly what I was going to do before even I did, what do you recommend I work on specifically? I've got a tourney coming up in a few weeks and I'm looking to do well, so if you don't mind me asking I'd like to know anything you can tell. I need any help I can get :chuckle:
I'm not too good at articulating what I see when I play, but I can try.

I think you had pretty good punishes whenever you hit me, but it seemed to me as if you would go for similar options that became predictable after a match or two. For example, you usually tech rolled towards the stage, which would lead to an easy punish based on a prediction. Simple things like that will add up, especially when both players are nervous and not thinking straight, or at least that's how it feels whenever I'm in a situation like that. Also, you seemed pretty forward-smash heavy, whether it be with Marth or Falco. From prior experience moves like those are generally more useful online where it's hard to punish certain moves, but this could be me. Whenever I was at the ledge, you would usually spam a lot of F-smashes as Marth which can easily be punished by refreshing frames by the ledge. I would say try to be aware of what you are doing and what is going wrong. Think about where you are going to tech and try to mix up your opponent. Sometimes even doing nothing and not moving becomes an option that can bait out an opponent's move. I hope this helped, I feel like I posted way too much now, oops. Good luck at your tourny!

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
I'm not too good at articulating what I see when I play, but I can try.

I think you had pretty good punishes whenever you hit me, but it seemed to me as if you would go for similar options that became predictable after a match or two. For example, you usually tech rolled towards the stage, which would lead to an easy punish based on a prediction. Simple things like that will add up, especially when both players are nervous and not thinking straight, or at least that's how it feels whenever I'm in a situation like that. Also, you seemed pretty forward-smash heavy, whether it be with Marth or Falco. From prior experience moves like those are generally more useful online where it's hard to punish certain moves, but this could be me. Whenever I was at the ledge, you would usually spam a lot of F-smashes as Marth which can easily be punished by refreshing frames by the ledge. I would say try to be aware of what you are doing and what is going wrong. Think about where you are going to tech and try to mix up your opponent. Sometimes even doing nothing and not moving becomes an option that can bait out an opponent's move. I hope this helped, I feel like I posted way too much now, oops. Good luck at your tourny!
Oh ok then, thanks a bunch!

Top Bottom