• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Alright, itsaxelol. Your pic is threatening.
3223-9615-5935

fun games. youre good with a lot of chars

one question though. for you and anyone else to answer. because literally everyone on here does it except me and maybe one or two people. how come you only save replays of you winning? is it that big of a deal to win a random wifi match? im so shocked when i see 1 stock v 1 stock 150% v 150% i win by the skin of my teeth and the opponent wont save the replay. but he will save it if its a bad match, with sds, 2 stocked, etc as long as he wins. isnt a good match better to save? save some losing ones now and then? so when you watch replays it wont be so boring and obvious? lol

sorry. its just really confusing to me, especially these past 3 hours we played you would only save wins and nothing else when we had awesome close matches that shouldve been saved

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman

one question though. for you and anyone else to answer. because literally everyone on here does it except me and maybe one or two people. how come you only save replays of you winning? is it that big of a deal to win a random wifi match? im so shocked when i see 1 stock v 1 stock 150% v 150% i win by the skin of my teeth and the opponent wont save the replay. but he will save it if its a bad match, with sds, 2 stocked, etc as long as he wins. isnt a good match better to save? save some losing ones now and then? so when you watch replays it wont be so boring and obvious? lol

sorry. its just really confusing to me, especially these past 3 hours we played you would only save wins and nothing else when we had awesome close matches that shouldve been saved
You can actually tell when people save replays? >.>

Because you asked everyone for their thoughts... I don't save replays at all, if that makes sense.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614

How did you know he saved those matches in particular?

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776

I only save replays of games that are super close, no matter the outcome, because close matches are awesome lol

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345

Well true, I tend to only save replays of myself beating the ever-living crap out of people with Bowser, but there's that off-chance that I record loses because it's still a good match, or when the KManOfSmash is the topic here, I record almost every loss because he uses so much skill in his matches than anyone i've ever seen on the wifi friend code list (except maybe NIX).

Either way, if you ask me, then I save good wins (not every win) and good loses. Although that's not saying much because I have like 200 replays of wifi battles recorded. XD

How did you know he saved those matches in particular?
There's a countdown of 15 seconds after every match to record and move on to the next battle. If the countdown goes like "15, 14, then 0", and you pressed start twice, then the opponent must have done the same. If 5 seconds passed, then the number reaches 0, then they probably recorded and then pressed start.

Last edited:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871

Yeah, that was pretty ******** of me. I'm face-palming that I didn't at least save the DK ditto on FoD. Now that was badass.

I did save some of the matches where I lost badly. I do so to see what I did wrong so I can improve on it next time, as well as to take notes on how the character I lost to works. I know I edgeguarded poorly, I kept leaving myself vulnerable to grabs, and I kept making a lot of mistakes.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
Anyone want to play? Going to my first tournament next week and haven't faced a human who knows how to play in forever.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
Good games my friend! I'm glad I got to use falco after all, it sure was fun facing your Lucario
GGs indeed! Your Falco did an awesome job of locking my Lucario down with lasers...I wasn't sure how to counter it!

Speaking of your Falco, OH MY GOSH IT'S FREAKING GODLIKE. :p

You, Thaumaturge, and Kman are the three people on this thread who seem to have mastered the art of playing with lag...still can't figure out how you guys do it!

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
GGs indeed! Your Falco did an awesome job of locking my Lucario down with lasers...I wasn't sure how to counter it!

Speaking of your Falco, OH MY GOSH IT'S FREAKING GODLIKE. :p

You, Thaumaturge, and Kman are the three people on this thread who seem to have mastered the art of playing with lag...still can't figure out how you guys do it!
I've been playing on this thread since March so I guess I've been accustomed to it I guess, it just takes time :p
Thanks for the compliment though!

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Sonds good to me, I'll just be in a room so join whenever ya want
GGs. Damn that Falco D: you scare me NIX, you're starting to get as good as KMan. This is MADNESS!

Can I ask you something? Which would you rather use as a controller? an official Nintendo Controller with absolutely no rubber pad on the control stick, or a third party controller with one?

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
GGs. Damn that Falco D: you scare me NIX, you're starting to get as good as KMan. This is MADNESS!

Can I ask you something? Which would you rather use as a controller? an official Nintendo Controller with absolutely no rubber pad on the control stick, or a third party controller with one?
I personally use an official gamecube controller with no rubber pad myself, and I have to say, It is better than any third party controller will ever be. It might hurt your thumb for a little bit, but I've been using the same gamecube controller with no rubber pad for almost a year now (I've been playing competitively for 9 months, and I've had it since I began). To me third party controllers feel weird and are usually cheap and/or break easy. Its up to you though, but I think my controller is fine, its not like it will affect your play or anything, just look at me lol

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I personally use an official gamecube controller with no rubber pad myself, and I have to say, It is better than any third party controller will ever be. It might hurt your thumb for a little bit, but I've been using the same gamecube controller with no rubber pad for almost a year now (I've been playing competitively for 9 months, and I've had it since I began). To me third party controllers feel weird and are usually cheap and/or break easy. Its up to you though, but I think my controller is fine, its not like it will affect your play or anything, just look at me lol
Thanks for your opinion. I have a Cirka Gamecube Controller I was using against you those matches. The controller is good button-wise to me, but it had one major flaw: the Control stick. It was responsive, but the quickest I've ever seen a rubber control stick fall which was like the next day or 2. I had to glue that back on (trust me, if I didn't, then the non-rubber control stick would have 2 jagged points which would hurt my finger a lot. It's not completely circular.). It's now the same controller I've been smashing everyone else on (pinkdeaf1, NEO!, I believe SuperMario1, etc.), I just can't seem to beat you NIX.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Thanks for your opinion. I have a Cirka Gamecube Controller I was using against you those matches. The controller is good button-wise to me, but it had one major flaw: the Control stick. It was responsive, but the quickest I've ever seen a rubber control stick fall which was like the next day or 2. I had to glue that back on (trust me, if I didn't, then the non-rubber control stick would have 2 jagged points which would hurt my finger a lot. It's not completely circular.). It's now the same controller I've been smashing everyone else on (pinkdeaf1, NEO!, I believe SuperMario1, etc.), I just can't seem to beat you NIX.
I meant to say that it might hurt your thumb a little bit for a while but you'll get used to it lol but I seemed to have left that part off. If you ever want to face me again, you know where to find me

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I meant to say that it might hurt your thumb a little bit for a while but you'll get used to it lol but I seemed to have left that part off. If you ever want to face me again, you know where to find me
Yup..........gonna certainly side-smash that MLP Dragon out of it's red "Game Over" screen next time......

Anyone else for practice?

Top Bottom