• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
How about we fight again, Wolfie?

It looks as though I am all alone...there's no one here beside me.

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
GGs @ JDavisR (NIX) JDavisR (NIX) ! I got bopped pretty hard. Nice Marth!

Any tips on how I can better mix up my approaches? You seemed to get into my head pretty easily.
The first thing I would reccomend is delaying your aerials, and look out for them from oppenents too. There were numerous times where you would run up and do an aerial, but you would hit like the middle to top of my shield, and then I would just grab you, and, being Marth, rack up 50-80% damage from up tilts and re-grabs. The same applies to defense as well. There were many times when I would get free fairs on you because I would jump at you, delay the fair, you would try to grab because you anticipated a normal fair, or just drop you shield. Then I was once again able to break out some re-grab, up tilt, and foward smash combos. I think that would be a good place to start. Good games though! Really fun playing Roy and Lucario for one match, hope to play you again some day, and use my falco more than just the last match. You were about to leave, I just had to use him lol

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
The first thing I would reccomend is delaying your aerials, and look out for them from oppenents too. There were numerous times where you would run up and do an aerial, but you would hit like the middle to top of my shield, and then I would just grab you, and, being Marth, rack up 50-80% damage from up tilts and re-grabs. The same applies to defense as well. There were many times when I would get free fairs on you because I would jump at you, delay the fair, you would try to grab because you anticipated a normal fair, or just drop you shield. Then I was once again able to break out some re-grab, up tilt, and foward smash combos. I think that would be a good place to start. Good games though! Really fun playing Roy and Lucario for one match, hope to play you again some day, and use my falco more than just the last match. You were about to leave, I just had to use him lol
Thanks for the advice! And yes, we'll have to play again sometime soon!

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
lmao, that "Ken?" tag killed me. xD Also your taunts are set up so perfectly, it's amazing.

Good games ThatAfricanKid. ^^ Those were fun, and the connection wasn't terrible. ;)

Last edited:

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games :) do you have any tips for me? ^.^
PS: I told i was not so good lel
Come on, give yourself some credit. ;P

That's the thing. You gotta play people and realize your own habits to be better. Just for starters, and this is a really big thing...

F-SMASH PLS ;_; I mean Marth's F-smash has pretty good range and a tipper feels amazing, but there are limits. At one point the F-smash was doing 12%, and so an aerial combo (or even a stray aerial tipper) would have done more damage. D-tilt is a nice poking tool. It's fast and has way less lag than F-smash, and nice range as well.

Otherwise... F-air is godly. Just use that thing to dish damage, space (retreating F-airs), whatever. When your opponent is on platforms, seriously just hold up and smash your attack button or something. As Marth, it works. Doesn't matter whether a U-air comes out or if you want to do some U-tilts. If you want to go for the U-airs, make sure to short hop fastfall L-cancel them for minimum time inbetween them.

I hope that's pretty good for advice. ;P

Last edited:

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
I swear there must be a way to manipulate the mis fires in PM. I thought they were completely random in melee but it looked like you were able to hit them whenever you wanted lol
So that one king dedede match the one that had meh in it was your brother

Top Bottom