• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Connection lost but I had to leave soon anyways, ggs first time playing wifi the lag really threw me off lol
Nice Roy! Yeah, wifi is a coin flip depending on location pvp (I presume?). Some stages will cause a desync. The only stages I don't get desyncs (usually) are on Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield.

Welcome to the PM fam. Hit me up if you are open to play PM later on.

Last edited:

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
Definitely. Do you use Skype PM or Discord group often? I might join since these threads is a hit or a miss. Just trying to keep PM alive, etc. Let me know.
Yeah I use Skype often. There use to be a lot more there but it has died down some, but there is still 4 or 5 people around pretty much at all times. You should definitely join just pm me your skype name and I'll add you in there.

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I use Skype often. There use to be a lot more there but it has died down some, but there is still 4 or 5 people around pretty much at all times. You should definitely join just pm me your skype name and I'll add you in there.
Thanks much appreciated.

Games anyone? Practice?

Edit: Anyone right now? lol

Last edited:

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
I'm seriously looking into getting PM online!
I never knew about this and just recently started messing around with PM
Liking it a lot...

Going to figure out how to get PM going online!

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
LF: Games? Anyone?

I'm seriously looking into getting PM online!
I never knew about this and just recently started messing around with PM
Liking it a lot...

Going to figure out how to get PM going online!
https://smashboards.com/threads/gui...ccasional-server-issues-are-temporary.355374/

https://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-troubleshooting-guide-3-5.384064/

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5hGR4WpgTg

*Note: There is a file called "wifi.7z" from projectm folder > launcher folder > addons folder > wifi.7z

Unzip the file and overwrite the existing files to there respective file locations.

I did this manually with the hackless version since the PM site is no more. I'm not quite sure about the homebrew version, but hopefully its the same process.

Last edited:

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
LF: Games? Anyone?

https://smashboards.com/threads/gui...ccasional-server-issues-are-temporary.355374/

https://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-troubleshooting-guide-3-5.384064/

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5hGR4WpgTg

*Note: There is a file called "wifi.7z" from projectm folder > launcher folder > addons folder > wifi.7z

Unzip the file and overwrite the existing files to there respective file locations.

I did this manually with the hackless version since the PM site is no more. I'm not quite sure about the homebrew version, but hopefully its the same process.
Sweet Greatly appreciate it!
I'm looking through the links now

btw I read somewhere... sort of forget where but the connection for PM just as bad as Brawl?

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for games? Click on my avatar for my FC

K-San, the connection is a hit or miss. I played ppl out of other countries and there was a little lag/input delay when playing. The connection uses Wiimmfi servers to host.

If you want, we can test out the connection and see how it plays out. Again, its not going to be a perfect offline experience from what I played against others

Edit: Alright, just looked at your post. I'll join later tonight around 8-9 EST?

Edit2: Maybe next time? I may be back tomorrow afternoon depending on an upcoming appointment later that day. Hopefully you can find someone to test out the connection. Just waited if anyone was here tonight, but nobody was active. Anyways my bad...:(

Last edited:

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
Anyone up for games? Add my FC if anyone want to play later. Click on my avatar for my FC and I will hopefully add you later.

K-San, the connection is a hit or miss. I played ppl out of states and there was a little lag/input delay when playing. The connection uses Wiimmfi servers to host.

If you want, we can test out the connection and see how it plays out. Again, its not going to exactly going to be a 1:1 latency offline game play from my experience.
Sweet I'm in the process of finding my Wii Numer as I type
Successfully retried my FC for PM

Just trying to figure out the final bits

Family is streaming movies and shows so maybe a little later tonight I'll be down to test things out :)

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
Anyone playing tonight?
Was trying to log on with one of my Wiis and I keep getting error code 23913

However on my other Wii I set up earlier managed to log onto the network
Any idea why one Wii can connect and the other cannot?

I'm on firmware 4.3U on both
Using USB Loader GX on both
Pretty much exact same identical files on the two systems

Edit: Guess I have to give it another 24 hours

Last edited:

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Still wanna play?
GGs man, sorry about the lag I think it was on my end.
Thanks for the games. That Ike taunt doe! You got the better of me and were on fire. Would it matter on which person host the game? Try to add Ike to your main dude :)

Its all good. I saw you try to shine cancel with falco and getting that side quick dash instead. A few hiccups there and here, hopefully we can clear that connection next time.

How's this work? Is it netplay or is it exchanging wii friend codes?
Wii Friend Codes.

Last edited:

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
Thanks for the games. That Ike taunt doe! You got the better of me and were on fire. Would it matter on which person host the game? You just add Ike to main dude :)

Wii Friend Codes.
Thanks! I might start using Ike more but that taunt was pure luck lol. Idk if it matters who hosts but I don't think it does.

Marxsoul333Gaming

Smash Rookie
Yo can you add me? My code is 1638 0898 7764.

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Games?.....

Edit: Practice? Games? Anyone? Later tonight? Who knows....*narrator* Next time on DBZ...

Edit2: I'll check back tonight..maybe? Feel free to add my FC, just let me know and I'll will add later.

Last edited:

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
how do I get a friend code if the website that gives friend codes, is no longer able to give friend codes? I can play literally everyday

Top Bottom