• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
@ JeffsMov JeffsMov GG bro your getting better u need to learn how to l-cancel and to shine out just press up
GGs, you have good characters, tho you need practice with Roy/Ike, like doing DACUS, jump-cancel Ike's SideB, and use Ike's SideB to wall jump and get more recovery.

I do know how to L-cancel, just that is sometimes harder when the attacks hits the enemy, than when the attacks don't hit.
I don't have tap jump, and I prefer jumping with a botom. Right now I'm getting donw the timing.
And well, I think I wasn't THAT predictable with the side B this time.

Last edited:

marckenson

Smash Ace
GGs, you have good characters, tho you need practice with Roy/Ike, like doing DACUS, jump-cancel Ike's SideB, and use Ike's SideB to wall jump and get more recovery.

I do know how to L-cancel, just that is sometimes harder when the attacks hits the enemy, than when the attacks don't hit.
I don't have tap jump, and I prefer jumping with a botom. Right now I'm getting donw the timing.
And well, I think I wasn't THAT predictable with the side B this time.
lol i wasnt feeling the need to play for some reason i dont use ike or roy lol n to L cancel is pretty easy to get the hang of bro idk if u ment you dont know what l cancel is or how to perfect it...which one? 0.o

Last edited:

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
lol i wasnt feeling the need to play for some reason i dont use ike or roy lol n to L cancel is pretty easy to get the hang of bro idk if u ment you dont know what l cancel is or how to perfect it...which one? 0.o
I know what is L-Cancel, and I know how to do it, I'm just really used to Mario's timings.

GmJn

Smash Ace
Royal-X GGs If you're in the team tournament I hope toface you. Anyways in the beginning you made me feel the Ivy matchup was impossible Anytips? And Nice DK BTW.

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Royal-X GGs If you're in the team tournament I hope toface you. Anyways in the beginning you made me feel the Ivy matchup was impossible Anytips? And Nice DK BTW.
The Ivy MU is in your favor, especially on stages like BF where I don't have much room to breath(this also extends to other characters like Samus, Mewtwo, etc.). Ivy's OOS game is subpar, so capitalize on that. Jab>Grab and N-Air on shield to Grab work. Ivy's tech is also kinda meh, and you can tech chase with Side-B so be sure to do so. Razor Leaf gets beaten by your F-Air, F-Tilt, and (maybe) Side-B attack. Try to mix up your Jab combos since I can CC and shield before the third it comes out. If I'm offstage just grab the ledge, your rising B-Air beats out any attempt to go back to the ledge or go on stage. Try not to recover low vs Ivy since my B-Air will eat through both Side-B and Aether. Finally just mix up your onstage recover. You usually always went for the Side-B or Aether when you were on the ledge. Waveland on stage (or on a platform) sometimes.

Edit: I mained Ike for awhile in 3.02, so I kinda know what to expect from him.

Last edited:

GmJn

Smash Ace
The Ivy MU is in your favor, especially on stages like BF where I don't have much room to breath(this also extends to other characters like Samus, Mewtwo, etc.). Ivy's OOS game is subpar, so capitalize on that. Jab>Grab and N-Air on shield to Grab work. Ivy's tech is also kinda meh, and you can tech chase with Side-B so be sure to do so. Razor Leaf gets beaten by your F-Air, F-Tilt, and (maybe) Side-B attack. Try to mix up your Jab combos since I can CC and shield before the third it comes out. If I'm offstage just grab the ledge, your rising B-Air beats out any attempt to go back to the ledge or go km stage. Try not to recover low vs Ivy since my B-Air will eat through both Side-B and Aether. Finally just mix up your onstage recover. You usually always went for the Side-B or Aether when you were on the ledge. Waveland on stage (or on a platform) sometimes.

Edit: I mained Ike for awhile in 3.02, so I kinda know what to expect from him.
Thanks

infestx

Smash Journeyman
Slowly but surely, Roy vs. Lucas is becoming my favorite matchup. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that it already is my favorite matchup.

GGs @ Scraket Scraket , I hope we get to play again soon. Fun as always.

Scraket

Smash Ace
Slowly but surely, Roy vs. Lucas is becoming my favorite matchup. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that it already is my favorite matchup.

GGs @ Scraket Scraket , I hope we get to play again soon. Fun as always.
GGs! Was a lot of fun!
That Lucas dthrow/bthrow DI mixup though....

Last edited:
Top Bottom