• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
It already is set to 16:9. My TV is widescreen, after all. It had to do with our online connection.

Maybe I should fight someone with better connection?

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
thank you for the games diz, i had a much better time than yesterday :p
any advice/critiques are welcomed since i played about as good as im going to haha. i know i was kind of lacking in neutral and not short hopping things and missing but anything else?
you did well, noticed you improved your survival DI a LOT. very good stuff. you were really good at being patient and getting more than 1 hit off a punish. and keeping advantage in neutral, not trading a hit for center/grounded position.
im off to the pet store but im gonna be lurking more and try to steal more of your time. i think we should think of things to practice together? maybe use the chat chaos made, plan on what we should work on. i need help understanding when to time to hit people in hitstun, i do it opposite and thats another thing you really improved so any tips?

GGs man, you should go for more back and neutral airs as G&W as well as learn the jab reset down throws. It really does magic for him.
i struggle rar-ing into bairs in general so thank you for the tip. and yeah i agree did you see me on the top plat trying to practice shffl nairs? lol i love that damn move. the dthrow jab reset needs to go in like yesterday thats a good move and also alludes to needing to learn to tech punish.

last time im editing this lmao - advice for you
try to waveland more as marth and use it on platforms. the step up from dash dancing is to own the platform near you and turn your area of control into about half the stage. you can fh arial waveland on battlefield. this will bleed into ganon or apply to him if youd rather learn it on him.
try to switch up your dash rhythms and approach rhythms. youre very good with zard doing so with breversed side b so i know you can pick out a bread and butter fake out approach on others.
i know you want to wavedash oos more but also wavedash back vs marths and other super disjointers if it was gonna miss you anyways. helps apply it in game and youll be in your shield like 'oh **** better wavedash' instead of trying to do both things unnaturally if that makes sense

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
any advice/critiques are welcomed since i played about as good as im going to haha. i know i was kind of lacking in neutral and not short hopping things and missing but anything else?
you did well, noticed you improved your survival DI a LOT. very good stuff. you were really good at being patient and getting more than 1 hit off a punish. and keeping advantage in neutral, not trading a hit for center/grounded position.
im off to the pet store but im gonna be lurking more and try to steal more of your time. i think we should think of things to practice together? maybe use the chat chaos made, plan on what we should work on. i need help understanding when to time to hit people in hitstun, i do it opposite and thats another thing you really improved so any tips?
Well more or less what I think you have a problem with is knowing what to do at what times, and that's a huge part of the game. If both people playing a game know exactly what the other is trying to do then they have to try and outthink each other and that makes great gameplay. If you should work on anything right now it's learning how to get combos out fast with each of your characters and what each hit in a combo actually does. As Charizard I would down tilt into forward tilt into jab and then juggle you because I knew that specific order of attacks is impossible to avoid without disengaging. With Ganondorf it's a bit harder because practically everything he does can launch you across the stage. The best thing for Ganon to do is try to get off tons of safe launches and spikes while stopping his opponent's momentum with tilts.
You'll get better if you constantly think about what you're able to do. Find out what does what, when to use it, and what else you can do to achieve the same thing. This helps with having consistent combo ability from low percent to higher percents.

dizzypink

Smash Lord

i struggle rar-ing into bairs in general so thank you for the tip. and yeah i agree did you see me on the top plat trying to practice shffl nairs? lol i love that damn move. the dthrow jab reset needs to go in like yesterday thats a good move and also alludes to needing to learn to tech punish.

last time im editing this lmao - advice for you
try to waveland more as marth and use it on platforms. the step up from dash dancing is to own the platform near you and turn your area of control into about half the stage. you can fh arial waveland on battlefield. this will bleed into ganon or apply to him if youd rather learn it on him.
try to switch up your dash rhythms and approach rhythms. youre very good with zard doing so with breversed side b so i know you can pick out a bread and butter fake out approach on others.
i know you want to wavedash oos more but also wavedash back vs marths and other super disjointers if it was gonna miss you anyways. helps apply it in game and youll be in your shield like 'oh **** better wavedash' instead of trying to do both things unnaturally if that makes sense
I must not have noticed you practicing, but yeah SHFFL nairs as G&W are a big part of his game.
...And watch...
I'll see myself out now ;3;

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Im up for some if you are still looking FC: 0779-0946-9325 whats yours?
5202-9108-0526 do you mind hosting? I dont trust my wifi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom