• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Mewtwo: A Balancing Project

SnatoWhato

Smash Cadet
I know he isn't much,but I'm talking about before I even knew about L-Canceling, Wavedashing etc. When I was casual, the site of Mewtwo horrified little me.
I think it's because he's UBER and everyone remembers back when Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon around. One had to carry a Mewtwo just to counter your opponent's Mewtwo. lol That fear and reputation was transferred over to Melee and no matter what, when you see Mewtwo is your opponent, you **** yourself a little bit lol

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I was happy about Sakurai considering Mewtwo for Smash4, but then they had to mention the X and Y form. I'm not sure how to react.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Nguz, have you thought of balancing some of the other OP PSAs out there. People seem to remember the move animations, but they don't remember the balance.

vanhuynh16

Smash Cadet
Nguz, have you thought of balancing some of the other OP PSAs out there. People seem to remember the move animations, but they don't remember the balance.
That would be awesome if you could balance roy! I think he gets so much hate for not being as good as marth.

SnatoWhato

Smash Cadet
Have you guys tried Nayru? OMG that PSA is OP!! She's faster than Sonic and her neutral b after an up taunt becomes instakill. Or her side b.. I can't remember..

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
This is pretty cool. However, they REALLY need to fix this model, if this swap is considered for the first P:M clone engine run; you can bet they'd go for something more professional when it comes to visuals.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Have you made its usmash look like the galaxy (like melee)? Did make his shadow balls purple? Did you make his u-throw animated the same way as melee? Can someone actually get hit if m2 reflects an projectile with side-b? I wouldn't want to dl it since I don't want to dl non safe wifi material. And his down-b is confuse ray and his fair is shadow claw.

Mewter

Smash Master
@himemiya
Everything's the same, except I haven't been able to get a reflection out of side B. I haven't tried very much with it and it may be my bad, but that's my experience with it.

Edit: @Raccoon Chuck
In what ways does it need work? You should let them know so that they can improve it. :)

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Nevermind all I said. Works now. Mewtwo is working and its pretty cool. Side-B could definately be changed.
Maybe something from a new Pokemon series. IDK if this was a lie but I heard mewtwo has a signature move. I think its called PHYSTRIKE or something like that. That would be interesting.

@Nugz: Ummm... You know that the HyperCam you gave me was a scam, right? At least on my computer... How do I remove it?

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Nevermind all I said. Works now. Mewtwo is working and its pretty cool. Side-B could definately be changed.
Maybe something from a new Pokemon series. IDK if this was a lie but I heard mewtwo has a signature move. I think its called PHYSTRIKE or something like that. That would be interesting.

@Nugz: Ummm... You know that the HyperCam you gave me was a scam, right? At least on my computer... How do I remove it?
Really? I'm so sorry! Now I feel really bad... It has worked great for me so far. If you want to uninstall it, go to start-search-uninstaller, find the program you installed, then uninstall it.

I'm really sorry about that...

Nguz95

Smash Lord
That would be awesome if you could balance roy! I think he gets so much hate for not being as good as marth.
Unfortunately I won't be balancing anybody until I finish Mewtwo. I would definitely consider Roy though. He's got some really awesome things going for him. Mewtwo is coming along well. A prototype for the side-b is almost finished, so I will post it when I think it's ready.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I mean I got uninstalled now but it gave me all this garbage that gives you those online top toolbar things. I tried Re-Downloading the HyperCam a couple times, making sure I clicked the right thing, sometimes it would stop the whole process and sometimes it would be 5% away, then it would stop. Once, it said it completed, but then did nothing and I couldn't find the application... IDK how to get rid all it... I'll ask someone who knows alot about this kinda stuff.

Anyway, yeah! Your Mewtwo is great and I'm really interested in seeing how you do what'chya do! Mewtwo does jump a little-well not a little-Way to high.

Could you please record yourself with the HpyerCam while doing Stuff or the next step? I'll try and learn it by watching. And I downloaded PSA 1.3 and 2.1 beta and neither of them said they were an application and wouldn't open up. They would only open up with BrawlBox... Please help.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Yeah I mean I got uninstalled now but it gave me all this garbage that gives you those online top toolbar things. I tried Re-Downloading the HyperCam a couple times, making sure I clicked the right thing, sometimes it would stop the whole process and sometimes it would be 5% away, then it would stop. Once, it said it completed, but then did nothing and I couldn't find the application... IDK how to get rid all it... I'll ask someone who knows alot about this kinda stuff.

Anyway, yeah! Your Mewtwo is great and I'm really interested in seeing how you do what'chya do! Mewtwo does jump a little-well not a little-Way to high.

Could you please record yourself with the HpyerCam while doing Stuff or the next step? I'll try and learn it by watching. And I downloaded PSA 1.3 and 2.1 beta and neither of them said they were an application and wouldn't open up. They would only open up with BrawlBox... Please help.
I will definitely do that. I will also make a vid where I go through downloading and opening PSA. Maybe there is something you are doing wrong, so It won't hurt to compare what we are doing. I fixed his jump height too, I just need to test it a little. I needed to change his gravity, so I have to see if it changes his fall speed a lot too.

Edit: the toolbar stuff is a program as well. You just need to go through the installed programs, find the toolbar appliaction, and uninstsll it too. If it's not that kind of toolbar, which is unlikely, then go to your browser settings through your browser and turn the add-on off.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
The main attributes that Roy needs buffed are aerial mobility and hitstun. I've got a new copy of VMelee coming in the mail, so if needed I can do some comparison runs on any future rebalances. Also, I think that the Mewtwo Wavedash might be this......HIS JUMP SPEED IS TO DAMN HIGH!

Nguz95

Smash Lord
The main attributes that Roy needs buffed are aerial mobility and hitstun. I've got a new copy of VMelee coming in the mail, so if needed I can do some comparison runs on any future rebalances. Also, I think that the Mewtwo Wavedash might be this......HIS JUMP SPEED IS TO DAMN HIGH!
You mean he gets off the ground too fast? I think it's because there are no landing frames for an interrupted airdodge. You can wavedash, you just have to shield afterward unless you do it really fast.
Edit: that sounds great, i will let you know about roy so you can compare.

Mewter

Smash Master
Mewtwo's wavedash works fine for me. I do notice a tendency to shield afterward but that's probably attributable to a slow button release on my end.

I could try to compare the feels of the wavedashes between melee and p:m but I'm no pro so you can take my comparisons with caution, haha.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
We could switch his walking and dash speed. That could help him become a little less awkward.
And yeah, I don't know when the copy of Melee will come in, but these comparisons I plan on doing should give us a grounds to find areas that need improving. Plus I can enjoy unlocking everything......ROY HAZ TEH PHIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Mewter

Smash Master
@Raccoon Chuck
Aside from costume .pac and .pcs files, what do you have in your mewtwo/lucario fighter folder?
It sounds like you may be using an older version of Nguz's PSA, or possibly using multiple steps at once. I accidentally did the same before, and after removing all of the steps but step 8 (renamed fitlucario) the PSA improved.

For example, his dashing speed became his walking speed (not slower), and double jumping no longer created sonic boom jumping animations.

@Nguz
It might be a good idea for you to edit the OP to contain the step-by-step instructions you posted earlier for correctly installing the Mewtwo modifications into the fighter folder. Or maybe put the already-existing instructions there in spoilers. It might help reduce the amount of confusion people have and the amount of outdated modifications they recommend. :)

Nguz95

Smash Lord
@Raccoon Chuck
Aside from costume .pac and .pcs files, what do you have in your mewtwo/lucario fighter folder?
It sounds like you may be using an older version of Nguz's PSA, or possibly using multiple steps at once. I accidentally did the same before, and after removing all of the steps but step 8 (renamed fitlucario) the PSA improved.

For example, his dashing speed became his walking speed (not slower), and double jumping no longer created sonic boom jumping animations.

@Nguz
It might be a good idea for you to edit the OP to contain the step-by-step instructions you posted earlier for correctly installing the Mewtwo modifications into the fighter folder. Or maybe put the already-existing instructions there in spoilers. It might help reduce the amount of confusion people have and the amount of outdated modifications they recommend. :)
I just edited the OP. Good idea Mewter!

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Sorry about that. Here is what you do
1. Open the Lucario folder in the fighter folder. The path you take will be private-wii-app-RSBE-pf-fighter-Lucario
2.Delete all the files in the folder. If you want to keep the files as backup, copy and paste them somewhere where you won't forget them.
3.Put in FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac. Don't rename it
4. Put in Step 6. Rename it FitLucario.pac
5. Put in FitLucario00.pac and FitLucario00.pcs. Don't rename them. They will put the Mewtwo texture over the first color slot (the default color).

I will release a new step tonight, as well as a new FitMotion file. You might want to wait until then, because this one is a lot smoother.

To do this, you will need 2 programs, Project Smash Attacks (PSA) , and BrawlBox.

The PSA download is here: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/psa-official-project-thread.244302/ (download version 0.2.1 because the latest version does not work properly)

The BrawlBox download is here: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/brawlbox-v0-63d-bug-fixes.238861/

BrawlBox is where you will be editing textures and animations. To edit textures at a basic level, open the FitCharacter.pac, find the texture you want, export it as a .png, and edit it using a photo editing software like Gimp or Photoshop. There is a great tutorial here: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/character-and-stage-editing-with-brawlbox.305039/

PSA is where you will be editing damage, character attributes, movesets, and more. PSA requires BrawlBox because you can't change animations using PSA. This program is b far the more complicated of the two, so here are my favorite two tutorials: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/psa-simple-solutions-to-common-problems-collaboration.261537/
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-sa-q-a.242625/
and two databases: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1096.0;wap2
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/psa-animation-collaboration-needs-your-help.253384/

Please let me know if you have any questions!
So you said psa changes move sets damage ect. So if I wanted to I could replace lucario's project m moveset with this moveset I might do that if possible because I am not familiar with brawl box plus I really want both lucario's and mewtwo but either way I will look into it later. Edit or could you explain to me how to use brawl box I would actually prefer this so sorry about the trouble.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
So you said psa changes move sets damage ect. So if I wanted to I could replace lucario's project m moveset with this moveset I might do that if possible because I am not familiar with brawl box plus I really want both lucario's and mewtwo but either way I will look into it later. Edit or could you explain to me how to use brawl box I would actually prefer this so sorry about the trouble.
Unfortunately I didn't quite get all of what you were saying. I think you were saying that you want both Lucario and Mewtwo in the same game right? If so, R@bid posted a link to a code which allows you to create a duplicate roster, which means you can have both characters.
If that's not what you said, then did you ask whether or not PSA is necessary to implement the changes I made? If so, then no, you don't need PSA or Brawl Box to try out my Mewtwo. All you need are step 8, the fitlucariomotionetc.pac, FitLucario00.pcs, and fitlucario00.pac. Instructions for that can be seen in the OP.
I hoped that helped!

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately I didn't quite get all of what you were saying. I think you were saying that you want both Lucario and Mewtwo in the same game right? If so, R@bid posted a link to a code which allows you to create a duplicate roster, which means you can have both characters.
If that's not what you said, then did you ask whether or not PSA is necessary to implement the changes I made? If so, then no, you don't need PSA or Brawl Box to try out my Mewtwo. All you need are step 8, the fitlucariomotionetc.pac, FitLucario00.pcs, and fitlucario00.pac. Instructions for that can be seen in the OP.
I hoped that helped!
Yeah that is what I meant I looked up how to use brawl box last night so thanks.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Good job man this is amazing I love the final smash. Also if you change the skin you get a really funny looking lucario XD. Anyways good job.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Thanks but I'm afraid i can't take credit for a lot of it. The final smash, the b moves and all of the animations come from another project called Project Mewtwo. Those guys made a Mewtwo that could wavedash and L-cancel, so all I have really done is try to buff their Mewtwo. Theirs was a Brawl Mewtwo, so it was really slow. All I have done is bring it to Melee ish speed. Stay tuned though, you'll like this next update.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I haven't tried It's final smash.

P:M 2.6 might be interesting too.

Do you think in the future you could make mewtwo On-hit cancel moves or whatever?

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Do you mean like lucario? I don't think so unfortunately. A lot of his moves are too powerful to be balanced if they were on hit cancelable. I also have no idea how to do it at the moment. It would be really cool though.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
So have you been recording yourself? I'm sorry, I'm kinda trying to rush you.. I'd just really like to learn it soon for some reason. Do you know a video to suggest for Stage Hack Tutorials?

Nguz95

Smash Lord
So have you been recording yourself? I'm sorry, I'm kinda trying to rush you.. I'd just really like to learn it soon for some reason. Do you know a video to suggest for Stage Hack Tutorials?
Here they are!
PSA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcb3WqO1yYI&feature=youtu.be
Brawl Box: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB2sae6jdPA&feature=youtu.be

Sorry it took so long. I hope I managed to help you out a little though! If you have any questions, just ask.
In terms of stage hacks, I don't know anything about them. However, here are some good places where I have found information: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U--uOw-0cY&list=PLE607DCDC2E4CF953&index=36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2L3pzoIeSk&list=PLE607DCDC2E4CF953
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRAw-u8IazQ&list=PLE607DCDC2E4CF953

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Did you buy WinRAR?

YAY! I cna finally OPEN PSA as an application!!! :) Thanks ALOT Nugz95!
Though I haven't watched all the video yet.

Cool! Sweet! Thanks A BUNCH Nugz95!

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Thanks but I'm afraid i can't take credit for a lot of it. The final smash, the b moves and all of the animations come from another project called Project Mewtwo. Those guys made a Mewtwo that could wavedash and L-cancel, so all I have really done is try to buff their Mewtwo. Theirs was a Brawl Mewtwo, so it was really slow. All I have done is bring it to Melee ish speed. Stay tuned though, you'll like this next update.
I have seen them on youtube. It looks good but I think the model you chose really makes him look like he is from melee. The model they use is really long and makes mewtwo look really weirded.Or maybe they are the same model and I am retarted. But anyways can't wait for the next update.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Did you buy WinRAR?

YAY! I cna finally OPEN PSA as an application!!! :) Thanks ALOT Nugz95!
Though I haven't watched all the video yet.

Cool! Sweet! Thanks A BUNCH Nugz95!
I did not buy WinRar. It says it will run out but it never does. I am glad I was able to help!

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I got my new copy of Melee in the mail, and I'm about to start comparisons. Damn, it's a lot easier to PTP on Mario in Melee.....I should probably tell the Devs.....

MVP

Smash Ace
could someone post a vid of this project? i wanna see a vid before i download (see it in action, know what i mean)

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I shouldn't drink coffee before I play Smash. I was unlocking Falco through Multi-Man Melee and nearly had a heart attack on the last Wire Frame. Sad thing is......that was the most riveting thing I have experienced in weeks.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
could someone post a vid of this project? i wanna see a vid before i download (see it in action, know what i mean)
Ok. Here is a vid of Mewtwo in motion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JalLCAsXyeo&feature=youtu.be. Sorry about the quality. It was the best I could do. Check the OP for a new version too! You will need to replace the FitMotionEtc.pac too, since I added a new animation. He has a brand new dair, which imo is pretty nice.

SnatoWhato

Smash Cadet
I did! All the time. I used him in tournament too, and I always got crushed. :150: I think my singles tournament record is 0-14 or something like that. And I lost all of those sets 0-2 as well. But man is he fun to use.
lol When I said "us" I meant my friends. lol Not the general smash community. It's cool that you used him. I liked playing with him too.. I just preferred Link or Peach when my pals and I got together to smash it up. lol

Top Bottom