• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Demo 2.5b Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
This isn't the thread to be debating about balance, guys! :p
We avoided from making any gameplay-related changes from 2.5 -> 2.5b. We opted to just fix up the minor oddities and oversights in this patch that may have detracted from the overall experience of 2.5.

Hopefully this patch alleviates many of the issues people were having so that everyone can enjoy our newest public release to the fullest until our next public release is ready. :)

(Which won't be anytime soon,, for real this time, Mad. :p)

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
Thanks alot PMBR
You're making your new patch playable
Sometimes in 2.5a (did not ever happen in my 2.1 version and I load through Riivolution) my game will/would go into these "loading loops" where it attempts to load a stage although it would never boot up
It didn't exactly freeze because I didn't have to unplug it and it didn't make a loud irritating sound... I guess you could say it just soft froze
Hopefully this was/is fixed in 2.5b
(speaking in double tenses due to not downloading and testing yet...)

Revven

FrankerZ
You also removed 1-player / 1-team matches.
I actually found those useful for quick character tests. (I was going to use one to test Diddy's new victory animation. Lol.)
You have to select Time mode in order to do 1 player multiplayer matches.

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
I wont be able to update for a week or so. I don't think its that big of a deal though, since I'm not crashing or freezing at all.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Great job! Glad to see this patch out so soon!

If I may inquire, was the (small) issue with Mario and ZZS appearing more often than other characters on Random fixed?

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Great job! Glad to see this patch out so soon!

If I may inquire, was the (small) issue with Mario and ZZS appearing more often than other characters on Random fixed?
Holy crap, you noticed this too? Is this a known issue?

Oh, that's interesting, 'cause I never got it on random, even when it was the only stage left on!
This is precisely the issue I noticed. It never came up in randoms. :(

Revven

FrankerZ
So you guys fixed both types of KJ64 random issues, right?
Both should be fixed as far as I'm aware.

Otherwise it could be that you have leftover issues from 2.0 and never performed the turn on/off all stages on the RSS with the "On/Off" switch.

Revven

FrankerZ
The game interface (stage selection, going back to CSS etc) all seem slower
Can't say what it is. Nothing about them changed. Maybe you're being placebo'd *shrugs*. Or your SD Card dislikes you lots and lots.

Or your Wii. I don't know.

jalued

Smash Lord
Can't say what it is. Nothing about them changed. Maybe you're being placebo'd *shrugs*. Or your SD Card dislikes you lots and lots.

Or your Wii. I don't know.
well the sd card is new and this only just started after I downloaded 2.5b. Maybe i'll try reformatting my sd card

Revven

FrankerZ
So all I have to do is replace the "RSBE01.gct" file in the codes folder and the "fighter", "menu", and "menu2" folders under private/wii/app/RSBE/pf? Am I missing anything? :confused:
Oh, module folder too, actually. And I guess the system folder as well to play it safe.

Wait. 2.5b... None of those changes seemed large enough to warrant having to release another release. You guys make changes everyday, so I guess I am sort of surprised you felt like giving an update so suddenly.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Well, the biggest thing that needed to be updated for the public was charizard's infinite glide. We happened to also fix a few other things (mentioned in the OP) while the glide fix was being worked on.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wait. 2.5b... None of those changes seemed large enough to warrant having to release another release. You guys make changes everyday, so I guess I am sort of surprised you felt like giving an update so suddenly.
Well there won't be any other updates so you can rest easy there.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Guys, after a few games, the game gradually started to revert to Brawl. The menu went back to it's Brawl self and my music did. I figured it would fix itself soon, I picked Squirtle and Dracula's Castle in training mode. It booted up Luigi's Mansion instead. I did Squirtle's down-B and the game froze.

Should I take all my files out the SD card and put them back in?

Revven

FrankerZ
Guys, after a few games, the game gradually started to revert to Brawl. The menu went back to it's Brawl self and my music did. I figured it would fix itself soon, I picked Squirtle and Dracula's Castle in training mode. It booted up Luigi's Mansion instead. I did Squirtle's down-B and the game froze.

Sounds like your SD Card is potentially giving out? Don't know. I'd reformat and then put the files back on again.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)

Interestingly enough, this kinda happened to me in Brawl Minus with only one character: Samus. She reverted to her vBrawl self while everything else remained in Minus form. However, upon turning off the Wii, leaving the game alone for a bit, and then returning to it a couple hours later, everything fixed itself and I've never had the problem since. Seems like a weird Brawl mod problem... :ohwell:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah SD Cards have life spans. Continuous reading and writing will eventually kill the card. So after a few years, all of us will have to get new SD cards.

Especially if you have a lot of brstms as FPC streams brstms from the card, meaning it reads the brstm essentially non-stop.

edit: fff ninja

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah SD Cards have life spans. Continuous reading and writing will eventually kill the card. So after a few years, all of us will have to get new SD cards.

Especially if you have a lot of brstms as FPC streams brstms from the card, meaning it reads the brstm essentially non-stop.

edit: fff ninja
Writing kills the SD card, reading does not.

So having brstms on your SD card should have no significant effect on the life of your SD card.

This dumb myth started back in the B+ days, no idea how it's still around. :alakadoof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom