• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
This is amazing, is there any way to download the current progress? Or do we have to drool over it until 3.6 drops?

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
I know you already have all your Mario slots filled, but may I suggest some colors anyways? It'd be pretty cool to see classic Mario (red overalls and blue shirt) and Super Mario Bros in-game sprite (orange overalls and brown shirt) colors. Maybe also a matching classic color scheme for Luigi (green overalls and blue shirt)?

Colors from a characters actual own history and appearances are so much more interesting than colors of other characters already in game like Luigi and Wario.

And have you also considered replacing one of Dr. Mario's extra color with that cool Delfino outfit Mario that's around? Every character has so many cool alternate costume, it'd be a shame if Mario only got one with extra colors.
He already did Classic Mario (red overalls and blue shirt)! Here: http://prntscr.com/7c1fiz

Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I have no words with how awesome this pack is. This will definitely be put into our build. The only thing that could even touch this would be a Smash 3/3C version of the pack.

Can't wait. =)

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
People... I really don't want to make a large post again as I've said over and over, that I'm no longer planning to rush this project and that even if CBliss is out I plan to release and work on it at my own pace. I would prefer to make a build that's fully polished with the best of my abilities.

I work a full time computing job and working on various projects, supporting my family and now making an living with myself, whole build is something I should be working on for fun and shouldn't be stressing out because people keep going on despite me saying (Heck, even other people on this thread had spoken on my behalf), this is no where near completion with things like updating CSPs, creating icons, re-organizing costumes, cleaning costumes, testing and all sorts, this is literally a one man job putting this together (With the exception of costumes and tools provided by people like Taiko and Ondo, whom I'm extremely grateful for) if something doesn't work right I have to re-do the process and so forth.

I've been over this multiple times and somewhat offended that people keep jumping the gun and ignore those posts addressing this over and over. I can understand everyone getting excited, but at this point I say wait for 3.6 and have a blast with that for the time being, gotta wait for that release in any case.

Again, I understand why some may be annoyed and some may be too excited over it, but there are lots of things I can't simply overlook when putting together mods and I'll say it really bluntly, if you tried to put together a build with this many things you'd understand my position, this might sound selfish but to me, but I really will be working on this at my own pace and when I can, so you need to wait patiently.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Don't feel bad for working hard and providing quality work.

I apologize for being blunt and sounding confrontational, but everyone really needs to quit this bull with the suggesting and hype. It's ridiculous at this point.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Don't feel bad for working hard and providing quality work.

I apologize for being blunt and sounding confrontational, but everyone really needs to quit this bull with the suggesting and hype. It's ridiculous at this point.
I don't see a problem with expressing hype. People are just saying they're excited. Unless they say it in a demanding way.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
I will say that I agree that continuing to suggest things to Codex after he has asked not to have that happen is rude and he has every right to be offended. But expressing excitement for the project is something that should be better left unsaid. I 100% disagree. If anything that should encourage someone to continue what they're doing not upset and offend them. But this is only my opinion so I know not everyone will agree.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I will say that I agree that continuing to suggest things to Codex after he has asked not to have that happen is rude and he has every right to be offended. But expressing excitement for the project is something that should be better left unsaid. I 100% disagree. If anything that should encourage someone to continue what they're doing not upset and offend them. But this is only my opinion so I know not everyone will agree.
Oh no of course not, never once would I say that would be a bad thing (I really have no idea why people are now jumping to this conclusion) the support is what keeps things going, however I'm more upset than angry if anything over misunderstandings like this, and assuming I can make a release over a project like this after stating multiple times why thats not possible, why I want to take my time and that I have a family life and busy work life that people should be patient with this and wait for an update rather than being demanding of it, I could simply stop and move on but that's not how I'll do things and want people to more or less 'please understand' and respect this matter ;-;

In any case I'll stop going on and on about this to everyone, I really do apologize for this to everyone.

EDIT: I will say that I'm working on a lot of nice surprises though~

Now let's have this unrelated pic of Iwata and Mona Lisa:

Last edited:

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
logic plus iwata

Ive only posted once and would hate that my comment felt like pressure. I wish you smooth sailing with the project and life in general. Ive waited 5 years for Metroid, so I can definitely wait for your hard work to be complete.

Top Bottom