• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
How can one build be so GAWWDDDLIKE! I love all of this the more I see of it, really, I do. I'm excited to see whatchu gon do with Ganondorf when you get around to organizing his costumes (since I imagine like, everyone who is in the OP that doesn't have 14 just needs those extra ones). I feel like you're like, somewhat close to completion and it's just a matter of that CBliss update coming out and adding costumes for a few more characters.

Obskore

Smash Ace
this... THIS build really caught my attention, seems like i'll be using this one while i wait for the Smash 3 release
i LOVE the consistency and quality of the CSPs, for some reason it's one of the things i like to mod the best
if only cBliss had the options for 2 sets of Team Costumes per character

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
We'll have to see how the new CBliss update deals with Mario/Dr Mario, I wonder how that'll work, I could switch them out but I know a lot of people really like the Teal Mario, so we'll have to see! also thanks to hear! I'll keep doing what I can!
Actually Mario/Dr Mario is possible because the PSA he is using and isn't CBliss dependant, for example in his PSA there are lines of code for giving him different GFX when he is using costume 7 to 12; so if you want, and after seeing how the new CBliss manages the numbering of the costumes, I could change Dr Mario electric effects to other slots.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
How can one build be so GAWWDDDLIKE! I love all of this the more I see of it, really, I do. I'm excited to see whatchu gon do with Ganondorf when you get around to organizing his costumes (since I imagine like, everyone who is in the OP that doesn't have 14 just needs those extra ones). I feel like you're like, somewhat close to completion and it's just a matter of that CBliss update coming out and adding costumes for a few more characters.
Thanks! I feel so close yet so far when it comes to this build! I'm still tweaking costumes back and forth and re-doing things funny enough so it's been quite insane the past few days, even going as far as to re-do all CSPs/Lighting! It's fun though!

this... THIS build really caught my attention, seems like i'll be using this one while i wait for the Smash 3 release
i LOVE the consistency and quality of the CSPs, for some reason it's one of the things i like to mod the best
if only cBliss had the options for 2 sets of Team Costumes per character
Thanks! I'm aiming to get this build out at the best quality I can manage! Aiming for best Consistency and a whole variety of the best mods I can find and gather!

Actually Mario/Dr Mario is possible because the PSA he is using and isn't CBliss dependant, for example in his PSA there are lines of code for giving him different GFX when he is using costume 7 to 12; so if you want, and after seeing how the new CBliss manages the numbering of the costumes, I could change Dr Mario electric effects to other slots.
Oh man, this is so perfect, if I can contact you when the CBliss update hits would that be okay? Hoping that the Dr Mario issue isn't too much of a problem when it comes down to it, this would be a lifesaver!

Obskore

Smash Ace
Thanks! I'm aiming to get this build out at the best quality I can manage! Aiming for best Consistency and a whole variety of the best mods I can find and gather!
no problem, and i see you slapped in some skins like Snake and Sheik from the Project Mirage, whose idea from a beginning was me (and @ Raccoon Chuck Raccoon Chuck , but never actually helped with more than the concept lol)
it made me feel a bit tingly ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
Oh man, this is so perfect, if I can contact you when the CBliss update hits would that be okay? Hoping that the Dr Mario issue isn't too much of a problem when it comes down to it, this would be a lifesaver!
That would be great, I was also thinking of sending you a message when the new CBliss becomes available to ask you some things about your build addon that I'm going to make for you.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Hey. I was wondering on whether you need any hack to make the build just a little more complete for Zelda.

I have this hack i've been working on for almost half a year.

I was wondering if you might want to check it out and se if its worthy for your build.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jtpdmhd6itdhf9/TDMM Styled Zelda (Final Version).rar?dl=0

I made all of the textures myself. Went through lots of work and redos, but i think it's just about done. Plus, there are the two other versions (under alpha and beta) that were the previous versions of her.

P.S. Since i just finished this hack, that means you'll be the first to try it out before it goes on the Vault!

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
no problem, and i see you slapped in some skins like Snake and Sheik from the Project Mirage, whose idea from a beginning was me (and @ Raccoon Chuck Raccoon Chuck , but never actually helped with more than the concept lol)
Aye M8, the only reason I brought up that concept is because you showed me that Ness texture swap. All cred goes to you man. ;)

MagicManNo9

Ohhh that's neat to hear! Funny thing is that right before the build gets released I'm planning to go to each and every person who's mod in this build and ask for 100% permission to credit them and if it's okay to use, does make my day to hear that!

That would be great, I was also thinking of sending you a message when the new CBliss becomes available to ask you some things about your build addon that I'm going to make for you.
Thanks in advance! I'll contact you when the CBliss update hits and hopefully, fingers crossed, this all works!

Hey. I was wondering on whether you need any hack to make the build just a little more complete for Zelda.

I have this hack i've been working on for almost half a year.

I was wondering if you might want to check it out and se if its worthy for your build.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jtpdmhd6itdhf9/TDMM Styled Zelda (Final Version).rar?dl=0

I made all of the textures myself. Went through lots of work and redos, but i think it's just about done. Plus, there are the two other versions (under alpha and beta) that were the previous versions of her.

P.S. Since i just finished this hack, that means you'll be the first to try it out before it goes on the Vault!
Thanks haha, but I'm afraid to say I already have Zelda's 14 costumes planned out for the build (More specifically, going to be Zelda Recolors) I did however check out your Zelda and it was really good! Release her to the vault asap I say! Good stuff so keep up the hard work!

Aye M8, the only reason I brought up that concept is because you showed me that Ness texture swap. All cred goes to you man. ;)
Well I'll be sure to thank the both of you! Gotta love and respect the honesty you both have! Really makes my night!

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Sorry but sometimes its hard for me to wait.
You better quickly learn how to wait then. Codex does this on his own, and to be honest I would kill to do what he does with this stuff. I've seen your work as well, you do a fairly good job too.
But instead of creating, I wait patiently to use what others create. Until I can get to the level you and Codex are at, I wait and I enjoy what I see.
Just be patient: Codex is always around, he'll let everyone know when there's an update. This thread will never be even close to death.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
You better quickly learn how to wait then. Codex does this on his own, and to be honest I would kill to do what he does with this stuff. I've seen your work as well, you do a fairly good job too.
But instead of creating, I wait patiently to use what others create. Until I can get to the level you and Codex are at, I wait and I enjoy what I see.
Just be patient: Codex is always around, he'll let everyone know when there's an update. This thread will never be even close to death.
Thanks.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
So.
Do you need any assistance on stage recommendations or Chracaters selection?
I have some free time to kill and i would love to help a guy like you on your project.

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
I've always wondered if Codex is going to release a pack with all the character skins (and respected CSP's,etc.) and give us the stage expansion template so we can put in our own preferable stages. But we'll have to wait for the amazing Codex to find out.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I've always wondered if Codex is going to release a pack with all the character skins (and respected CSP's,etc.) and give us the sage expansion template so we can put in our own preferable stages. But we'll have to wait for the amazing Codex to find out.
AMAZING CODEX LOL. Maybe we might get a stage expamsion, maybe not. We dont know yet but most likely we might.

MagicManNo9

Thank you, hearing that certainly does make my day much brighter (I say that but now it's night haha) it means a lot to know people think that of me, it only makes me want to work harder and harder now, I'll be away tommorow as I have lots of things going on but once I get back I'll continue to work hard on all this!

Just to clarify to everyone that I'll never disappear! The chances of that are very slim!

So.
Do you need any assistance on stage recommendations or Chracaters selection?
I have some free time to kill and i would love to help a guy like you on your project.
Thanks for the very kind offer! I'm more or less just waiting in for stuff to get released if I'm honest, not much else to do until then, I'm mainly just getting the re-rendering of all my CSPs and BPs in check and making fixes from the other thread which can also be applied in this one! Again it means a lot to hear stuff like this so thank you!

I've always wondered if Codex is going to release a pack with all the character skins (and respected CSP's,etc.) and give us the stage expansion template so we can put in our own preferable stages. But we'll have to wait for the amazing Codex to find out.
I always considered that, but I plan to release them in parts, main reason is due to the CSPs and BPs, I want to get those done first 100% as best as possible as well as optimize everything/touch up any additional stuff, I am planning to release characters seperatly when I can though!

AMAZING CODEX LOL. Maybe we might get a stage expamsion, maybe not. We dont know yet but most likely we might.
We'll see haha, got so much going on in real life and working on the other thread, plus some amazing stuff thanks to the good people around me, specially on the Smash 3 team.

Lokkin forward 2 da next update... :)
Look forward to it man! I shall keep working hard on it!

Quick Break Update:

Before I cause misunderstandings, this is a one day break thing, I just finished work for the week so I got a three day weekend (place I'm at is so perfect, getting everything done over there made my night if not for this blasted aftermath of a cold) with the PM fixing thread and this one, I'm also working on so many things around me I'm going to take a day off to clear my head and relax, not saying this stuff is stressful by all means, but I've got lots of things I want to catch up on right now all of this around me right now has been taking a lot of my time, again this will be for tommorow only!

Also special shout outs to Taiko for always helping me out! People won't realise it but a lot of content I'm about to release on both the PM fixing thread and this one is thanks to the training I fortook on top of Mt Taiko, Part 2 I'm either really ill right now sounding like a crazy person from this cold or just very worn out about to sleep right now because my body is at a limit and I feel I wanted to say that right now, but in any case I wanted to say that and now I must sleep before I afasgsdgdfhfdhfdhdfh .*DEAD*

ANYWAY BACK SATURDAY PEOPLE!

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Pretty much what sums up you being gone in this thread.
I think thats a bit of an over exagger- oh...ok I see it now...
I honestly only frequent this website every few weeks or so. I'm always seeing something new due to that.
If anyone else is checking this everyday I recommend, like codex, to take break for a day.

BrokenGlasses

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0516-7457-1258
Hey Codex9 ! Just made my account on SmashBoards just because the amazing job you're doing with your build !
Probably the best build I've seen in this page, so I wanted to be part of the hype ! Looking foward for your next update and when your build is released ! Keep up the good work man ! :ness:

Actually, I got a question. How many characters are left to be done ? Cuz I lost track of all of them in this loooong thread.

I guess that's all, looking foward for the next update!

MagicManNo9

Pretty much what sums up you being gone in this thread.
Quote of the year right here, 10/10 for making the night!

I think thats a bit of an over exagger- oh...ok I see it now...
I honestly only frequent this website every few weeks or so. I'm always seeing something new due to that.
If anyone else is checking this everyday I recommend, like codex, to take break for a day.
Haha, oh man that was a perfect image to sum up that day Friday, and thanks! it's quite a lot to do but I'm getting there! Learning and getting better!

Hey Codex9 ! Just made my account on SmashBoards just because the amazing job you're doing with your build !
Probably the best build I've seen in this page, so I wanted to be part of the hype ! Looking foward for your next update and when your build is released ! Keep up the good work man ! :ness:

Actually, I got a question. How many characters are left to be done ? Cuz I lost track of all of them in this loooong thread.

I guess that's all, looking foward for the next update!
Firstly thank you! It's amazing to hear that and really does put a smile on my face every time someone makes an account just to comment! Really does make the day better! (Well night over here haha!) Secondly thank you! I always shall continue to get better and better! Even now I'm learning so much more!

That's a good question as I'm not entirely sure myself, but got a lot of the poses/renders/CSPs done, I will need to re-render characters with better lighting and re-organise costumes but luckily most of this I can work on with ease as I have it all set up, I'm getting close though! Not sure if that helps so I apologise!

Also secondly, my apologies for not replying sooner! I've been quite busy working on so many things but I wanted to at least say that! I shall do my best!

Mabye for Mewtwo you could add Mango Mewtwo
I could, I need to look through Mewtwo's costumes on the vault!

And shadow mewtwo.
Ohhh that's a good idea, I'll see what there is when I can!

Mini Update:

I say update but its quite a few things I wanted to point out before I sleep, firstly that you all may have noticed but I'm also working on the PM fixing thread as well, thankfully so many good people on Smash Boards are about to help, and even more help from everyone from Smash 3 has made so much of this possible I wouldn't be here today if not for them!

In any case I'm going to using a couple of things from that thread in case people wonder, like 'oh are you going to add this or that fix into this build' to which I shall reply yup! Naturally, but not everything will be in this build, just the fixes, like Dr Mario, Sigrud Marth etc.

Also, I redid Pikachu, the lighting and switched to the default colors, hope you like the change! The switch was because the lighting on the previous Pikachu stood out and I wasn't very happy with it, I also felt that different skin colors are better after playing around in the build for a bit, so hope you enjoy folks!

Pikachu:
CSPs

BPs

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Shadow mewtwo is availble in the smash 3 classic mewtwo pack. Also, are you going to remaster the default skins?

oscuritadell

Smash Rookie
Hey! Really loving the way this build is going. I love the fact that it's essentially an extension of PM and doesn't just do things like turning Marth into Sora. I'm kind of working on something like this, but nothing as auspicious, just something I'll share among friends at the game room. Did you create the Lucas Villager and the Knuckles Sonic? I saw them and was looking frantically for them on brawl vault and couldn't find them.

MagicManNo9

Thanks for the link! Already have him downloaded funny enough!

Shadow mewtwo is availble in the smash 3 classic mewtwo pack. Also, are you going to remaster the default skins?
Grape color Mewtwo is best Mewtwo~ I don't use Smash 3 costumes for this build as it has it's own style and stands out (In a fantastic way I might add) And there will be a pack for that for when Smash 3 finishes up in 2016 or so! It's all great stuff though, I might make a Dark Mewtwo Skin but we'll see!

Also remaster default skins? I sorta understand the question but I feel there's no real need to remaster something that doesn't need any changes made I don't think haha, only little changes I'd say. (That and with the CBliss update, I imagine it would take too much space and time if I did do such a thing haha)

Hey! Really loving the way this build is going. I love the fact that it's essentially an extension of PM and doesn't just do things like turning Marth into Sora. I'm kind of working on something like this, but nothing as auspicious, just something I'll share among friends at the game room. Did you create the Lucas Villager and the Knuckles Sonic? I saw them and was looking frantically for them on brawl vault and couldn't find them.
Why Thank you! I've been working on Smash related things non-stop it's been quite an experience so far, shall continue to do so! As for your question in regards to the alt costumes, yes! They were ones I added in when I was trying to think of what to add! Hopefully you like! I'll upload them the vault pretty soon if that helps!

The multi-colored Pikachus definitely look better!
Thanks man! I'm glad the multicolor Pikachu's look better now! I'm quite satisfied!

oscuritadell

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the link! Already have him downloaded funny enough!

Grape color Mewtwo is best Mewtwo~ I don't use Smash 3 costumes for this build as it has it's own style and stands out (In a fantastic way I might add) And there will be a pack for that for when Smash 3 finishes up in 2016 or so! It's all great stuff though, I might make a Dark Mewtwo Skin but we'll see!

Also remaster default skins? I sorta understand the question but I feel there's no real need to remaster something that doesn't need any changes made I don't think haha, only little changes I'd say. (That and with the CBliss update, I imagine it would take too much space and time if I did do such a thing haha)

Why Thank you! I've been working on Smash related things non-stop it's been quite an experience so far, shall continue to do so! As for your question in regards to the alt costumes, yes! They were ones I added in when I was trying to think of what to add! Hopefully you like! I'll upload them the vault pretty soon if that helps!

Thanks man! I'm glad the multicolor Pikachu's look better now! I'm quite satisfied!

Gotcha, I'll keep an eye out for that! I managed to find a Knuckles Sonic like yours, but sadly it crashed ingame. I also found a pack for Ness that includes a villager shirt, a Megaman shirt and blue getup, and a Little Mac themed shirt and color scheme in case that interests you. Can't link it because this account is fresh but it's Vibrant Ness by Shun_One

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
You also may have noticed the Lord Marth costume, I added that in because there was a limited amount of Roy costumes and that I wanted to use something that's more distinct, with the Sheath mod and updated 3.5 sword
Don't mean to sound like I'm showing off anything in your thread but would you like to use a Eliwood cosplay for Roy that I made by mixing the PM Roy model and the Eliwood model on BrawlVault for your build? I have a couple of images of it for you to see if you're interested.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Don't mean to sound like I'm showing off anything in your thread but would you like to use a Eliwood cosplay for Roy that I made by mixing the PM Roy model and the Eliwood model on BrawlVault for your build? I have a couple of images of it for you to see if you're interested.
That's looking fairly awesome. It has a few inaccuracies that I think would be fairly easy to fix, though. I'd be willing to take a look at tweaking it a bit if you or Codex don't wish to do so.
Examples: The collar doesn't have the little extra gold bit like Eliwood's does. Gold trim on shoulders should be silver. The ends of the sleeves should be a little different. The gold trim at the bottom of the coat should be a bit thicker, and have a pattern to it. And a couple other really small texture tweaks. The headband design is all wrong, but that's more of a model thing, and I'm still new to that, so if I do this, I probably won't do much with that part. Eliwood also actually has a second, somewhat darker, coat underneath his blue one, I might have an idea for how to do that, but it might be a really bad one.

Top Bottom